Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another New Lexus Owner \o/

Hi guys, I've been roaming around these forums for quite a while now, and have noticed that there is such a great community here. Everyones friendly.

Anyway, I finally made the plunge and have got my Lexus, shes a black IS200 Sport 01.. I did have my heart set on granite sky, but after seeing this baby I know I made the right choice :)

Still got a smile on my face from when I got it some days ago. Decided to get it from a dealer in the end; drove bout 200 miles to get it from Lexus Bolton! :o Was considering going private but after seeing the poorly kepty interior of one car which I drove bout a 100 miles to see, I thought Id rather pay more to get the car in excellent quality.

My mates were gawpin when they saw it, considering that I have a long history in owning ******* cars! This is the first decent car I've got.

I know how mod happy you guys are, but I don't know if Ill be modding it..kinda skint right now to be honest :)... only thing I might do in near future is put a badge on front as its debadged... but then im likin the debadged look, so will see how it goes...

Congratulations mate. You'll have a long time of :D :driving:

I don't know if Ill be modding it..only thing I might do in near future is put a badge on front as its debadged... but then im likin the debadged look, so will see how it goes...

Sounds like you've got modding plans already :P

Hi guys, I've been roaming around these forums for quite a while now, and have noticed  that there is such a great community here. Everyones friendly.

Anyway, I finally made the plunge and have got my Lexus, shes a black IS200 Sport 01.. I did have my heart set on granite sky, but after seeing this baby I know I made the right choice :)

Still got a smile on my face from when I got it some days ago. Decided to get it from a dealer in the end; drove bout 200 miles to get it from Lexus Bolton! :o Was considering going private but after seeing the poorly kepty interior of one car which I drove bout a 100 miles to see, I thought Id rather pay more to get the car in excellent quality.

My mates were gawpin when they saw it, considering that I have a long history in owning ******* cars! This is the first decent car I've got.

I know how mod happy you guys are, but I don't know if Ill be modding it..kinda skint right now to be honest :)... only thing I might do in near future is put a badge on front as its debadged... but then im likin the debadged look, so will see how it goes...

Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. Sit back and enjoy the ride.. :D

I think I'm the only one in these forums who hasn't got a clue what any of the mods you guys actually put on ARE...Coilovers? strut braces?! May as well be speaking Mandarin as far as Im concerned :)

I think I'm the only one in these forums who hasn't got a clue what any of the mods  you guys actually put on ARE...Coilovers? strut braces?! May as well be speaking Mandarin as far as Im concerned :)

Be patient young Padwan......use The Force :whistling:

I have no idea either. I've never been into modding cars and had no intention of modding the Lex when I joined.

But seeing some of the cars on here I'm tempted... but I seem to be spending so much on the car I can't afford it.

I've only had it 5 months and so far had to pay tax, service, 5 new tyres, insurance excess after I crashed it, insurance excess on a new windscreen, insurance renewal and it's currently at the garage getting new brake discs and pads fitted. I also need 2 wheels refurbing, a dent removing and my geomentry checked really badly!

I think I'm the only one in these forums who hasn't got a clue what any of the mods  you guys actually put on ARE...Coilovers? strut braces?! May as well be speaking Mandarin as far as Im concerned :)

Neither did i mate :blush: But unfortunately i do now :P

I have no idea either. I've never been into modding cars and had no intention of modding the Lex when I joined.

But seeing some of the cars on here I'm tempted... but I seem to be spending so much on the car I can't afford it.

I've only had it 5 months and so far had to pay tax, service, 5 new tyres, insurance excess after I crashed it, insurance excess on a new windscreen, insurance renewal and it's currently at the garage getting new brake discs and pads fitted. I also need 2 wheels refurbing, a dent removing and my geomentry checked really badly!

All in the space of 5 months?! :( Sorry to hear it...

Mr Morse, I have something stronger than The Force... The Wife!

She will use the force of her handbag should I decide to go mental on mods.

Will have to be a covert operation methinks, if at all.

I was lucky my stereo was within the 5 year warranty (by about 8 days!) when it broke too so got it changed for nothing.

There are plenty of subtle mods available... with any luck the wife might not even notice, especially if she doesn't go under the bonnet!

I was lucky my stereo was within the 5 year warranty (by about 8 days!) when it broke too so got it changed for nothing.

There are plenty of subtle mods available... with any luck the wife might not even notice, especially if she doesn't go under the bonnet!

LOL mate I could change the entire engine and everything under the bonnet and she wouldnt even know it had been changed by lookin at it :)

But then to be honest, neither would I lol... I guess I need to be looking under the bonnet a bit more to get used to it..but then Ive only had the car less than a week... so Ive got an excuse there :)

I've been upgradin my pc for ages now using that trick... hard to notice a new gfx card, mobo etc been changed in a pc.

I'm off to pick my car up soon with it's brakes sorted, and hopefully I won't have to spend anything on it for a while. That should give me the chance to start on the modding, but I'm not brave enough to go near the engine yet!

Will probably look at things like painting the brake calipers, changing the lights or getting an HID kit, possibly some lowering springs and also some gadgets such as the auto closure kit from Prolex.

Enjoy your Lex  :D

Black & debadged is the way to go  :winky:

oh yes

Welcome to the LOC my friend

start saving your $

cos when you see some of the goodies come up in the buy n sell forum your start to think :shifty: Hhhhmmmmmmmm that would look nice on my car

:lol:

enjoy your lex

I know I do

Oh yeah pin your self on the LOC map

http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guestmap.js...jaber&locale=en

Hey there, i'll be keeping my eye out for this Black beast of yours. I saw one this morning as it happens, with a private plate beginning G.... in the stanmore area. I was on my way to work, live in Kenton, work in Watford... and am usually found loafing about anywhere in between :) hehehe... it's good to welcome another enthusiast member to the club (especially because you're from the local area)...

Enjoy life with the LEX (got a name for her yet?)... speak soon mate. :D

Thanks all :)

I live in Stevenage, which is near to Hitchin.

Don't have any names for it yet, can see that Black Betty is taken :) Mate you got some Tom Jones vinyls in your music collection? ;)

I don't normally give names to cars I've had..other than certain...derogatory names, which would no doubt been seen as ****** on this forum ;) but in truth some of them have served me very well reliability wise.

Don't have a chance to drive the car during the week much as I work in London..cost of public transport commuting is a killer but what can ya do.

Put an icon on that google map, damn the space is crowded around hertford and hitchin!

Had to a bit of zoomin to find some space! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links