Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Meguiars Deep Crystal 3 Stage System

gsportcars

I bought the Deep crystal 3 stage system the other day and since I don't have my car back yet I decided to try it out on the missus' car.

Stage 1 is the paint cleaner which is pretty good a you can feel it really working into the paint when applying and removing it! This stage is the toughest to do and I had arms like Arnie when I finished it. I thought there was no way I could get through another two stages :crybaby:

It is worth putting the effort in at the first stage though cos the rest is so much easier if the paint is prepped right!

Stage 2 is the polish which I still tried to work pretty hard into the paint when applying etc. This is where you start to see the big difference in paint finish. The paint feels supersmooth to touch and all swirl marks etc are pretty much gone :D

Stage 3 is the Carnuba wax which goes on and off the car very easily. This really deepens the finish that bit further to give the extra glossy look and you dare not lean against the car after this as you'll prob slide right off the side :P

Here's a couple of quick pics I took but they are only taken with my 1.3 megapixel camera phone so they are not very high res. It had also lightly rained on the car just before I took the pics but when I do my own car I will put up some proper high res pics of before and after for yas.

BTW don't laugh at the silly looking bonnet vents etc as a standard bonnet will be put on very soon!!!

post-9604-1128957104.jpg

post-9604-1128957116.jpg

post-9604-1128957130.jpg

Its always nice when you get a product that does exactly what it says on the tin :D and looking at the 306 looks like it has

I used the same stage 1 the other day, first part of a detailing session and it made the paint squeeky clean

Martin you need to do the other 2 stages to get the real benefit, trust me you will be very happy with the results!! :ohmy:

I only wanted to clean the paint before applying Carnauba wax, I didn't have any swirls to remove so I was trying to avoid polishes.

Do you reckon I would have been better to use the stage 2 as well?

To be honest mate the results I got using Stage 1 cleaner and then NXT were better than using the Stage 2 as well - the NXT has polishes and cleaners it in as well as the wax you see.

You could always substitute the Stage 1 with something more abrasive like Megs DACP but to be honest on your colour car it is very hard to see the difference, it always looks pretty clean that colour!

Martin you need to do the other 2 stages to get the real benefit, trust me you will be very happy with the results!! :ohmy:

I only wanted to clean the paint before applying Carnauba wax, I didn't have any swirls to remove so I was trying to avoid polishes.

Do you reckon I would have been better to use the stage 2 as well?

Yeah it is the stage 2 that makes the difference. When you use stage one your paint will deffo be squeeky clean but it is unprotected. The carnuba wax leaves a protective coating alright but that is all.

The stage 2 is the part that actually nourishes and smooths the paint to give it the shine and glossy look, then the carnuba is to cover it so it stays that way :D

To be honest mate the results I got using Stage 1 cleaner and then NXT were better than using the Stage 2 as well - the NXT has polishes and cleaners it in as well as the wax you see.

You could always substitute the Stage 1 with something more abrasive like Megs DACP but to be honest on your colour car it is very hard to see the difference, it always looks pretty clean that colour!

Aido the NXT is like a two in one as you said there, but it is hard to get the same/better results from somthing that is polishing and protecting at the same time if ya know wat I mean. I think the NXT is in a little stage of its own somewhere between stages 2 and 3 of the deep crystal.

Also the stage 1 of deep crystal is not an abrasive cleaner like some others, it works slightly differently (chemicals etc).

I also have only done this on the peugeout as I haven't got the Lex back yet :whistling: so it could well be a different story with the paint finish on my own car.

how much did you pay for it and where did u get it from

£20 for the set of three on the wonderful eBay :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links