Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

De-restriction?

LexusIS200Sam

The engine and gears are restricted, So the car can not performane to its full protential. When driving the gears are limited before the redline and the top end is limited. The simple solution is to de-restrict the car for added performance as i would rather have performance over fuel consumption. has no one had theres done? :o

Are you on about exhaust system?

No i dont want it De-cat yet. :winky:

umm no the engine is not "restricted" in the true sense of the word. that is the way it is. you options for more power are the TTE supercharger or the prolex-uk turbo conversion or get a different car/altezza.

as for the gears there are different final drive units available

umm no the engine is not "restricted" in the true sense of the word. that is the way it is.  you options for more power are the TTE supercharger or the prolex-uk turbo conversion or get a different car/altezza.

It may be down to your model but this a IS200 Sport, And through the gears you can defently tell its restricted. :driving:

umm no the engine is not "restricted" in the true sense of the word. that is the way it is.  you options for more power are the TTE supercharger or the prolex-uk turbo conversion or get a different car/altezza.

It may be down to your model but this a IS200 Sport, And through the gears you can defently tell its restricted. :driving:

:lol: you are so funny.......................take out the pre-cats and then come back and tell us what you think :winky:

my understanding is that on all models the ENGINE is the same :whistling: but the sport has some more bits and bobs, but the Engines are the same as SE or S :lol:

no mate, all 3 models of the IS share the same engine and gearbox.

i think for people to help u, u need to explain exactly what u wish to do or try and do and we can tell u if it is possible.

I can tell you that the engine is not "restricted" ie, u cant remove plates etc in the manifolds or throttle assy. the rpm limiter is at 6250, the gearing is quite low on the IS, maybe thats what u mean?

:lol: you are so funny.......................take out the pre-cats and then come back and tell us what you think :winky:

A turbocharger is on the cards first :winky:

where? and how much are the drive units :whistling:

there was a post the other day about it, some guy from singapore has a different unit and i am sure trd do one

Thanks for that :winky: I will have a look for it........... :whistling:

there are several different final gear ratios, that will reduce the top speed!

i have looked into this, and have the infomation avaialble

there are non i can find in my vast database that increase the final gear drive ratio, in favor of a higher top speed

her u go Marcus http://trdparts.jp/english/list_race-mis_sxe.html

i wouldnt rush in......what exactly are you intending to achive marcus.....

i have a list of all the final drive gear kits,

i have one coming from japan which will be getting fitted along with the KAAZ lsd

her u go Marcus http://trdparts.jp/english/list_race-mis_sxe.html

i wouldnt rush in......what exactly are you intending to achive marcus.....

i have a list of all the final drive gear kits,

i have one coming from japan which will be getting fitted along with the KAAZ lsd

I just want something thats got to be better than the std IS one ;)

whats wrong with the std final drive ratio?

theres not much wrong with it, but it would be nice to pull away a bit better ;) as we all know the std IS is not to good from 1st to 2nd.........................or am i just talking out my ***** :lol::whistling:

........................or am i just talking out my *****  :lol:  :whistling:

yep...... :D

with final gear ratios, if you lower the ratio, your take off speed will be quicker, at the loss of top end speed....also fuel consumption will go up.

start a new topic and we can talk aboit it all day without going :offtopic:

Edited by Monster-Mat

........................or am i just talking out my *****  :lol:  :whistling:

yep...... :D

with final gear ratios, if you lower the ratio, your take off speed will be quicker, at the loss of top end speed....also fuel consumption will go up.

start a new topic and we can talk aboit it all day without going :offtopic:

That sound good to me matt.............i like the sound off takeing off quicker.........as we all know im a bit slow at that :lol: :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links