Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

S/c Install Hints And Tips

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

side note here and slightly  :offtopic:

can the supercharger be disconnected in anyway? ie, remove a belt and your back to standard power? or is it slightly more involved than that?

Sort of. You can unhook the cable runnning from the throttle to the bypass valve on the S/c essentially preventing it from making boost. It will run at slightly less power than normal because the s/c will be idling like an engine accessory such as the a/c pump. Of course you can take off the belt to prevent that. But you'll still have a longer air intake path than standard, all the way through the intercooler, sapping some power.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

side note here and slightly  :offtopic:

can the supercharger be disconnected in anyway? ie, remove a belt and your back to standard power? or is it slightly more involved than that?

Sort of. You can unhook the cable runnning from the throttle to the bypass valve on the S/c essentially preventing it from making boost. It will run at slightly less power than normal because the s/c will be idling like an engine accessory such as the a/c pump. Of course you can take off the belt to prevent that. But you'll still have a longer air intake path than standard, all the way through the intercooler, sapping some power.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Thanks mate, thats handy to know :)

who has the torx-PLUS security bit for the ECU cover?? no one here will sell a private individual one.

for the SC fitting i did it in my parking space in 8 hours on my own, for tools a standard tool kit with a few extensions etc and u should be ok, will need a drill and a hammer, plus a few screwdrivers.

for the "extra" stud on the throttle body u can just use a pair of grips, or 2 nuts.

for the "normal" person yes as it is only sold to "approved persons" as it is a high security fitting. i believe gordons friend steve has them tho.

u cold always go to a toyota garage and ask them to remove the cover for u tho!

Nick, probably also worth keeping an eye on http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=27276&hl= to see how Owen gets on with his ECU problems - that seems to be happening to a few people, also ensure the supercharger spring side is set the same as in the pic in that thread, ie nuts at the back of the throttle cable :)

Also did you see the supercharger common faults and cures thread?

well, today i cut the engine covers as required, figure out how to remove the bumper. bought some ramps, discovered car wont go on ramps without bumper being removed, and thats about it until I get the s/c now!

Also, my ecu lid was only held down by standard screws, so no security driver required by the looks of things.

Aido, do you have the ECU fitting guide still?

If not, can someone send me an electronic copy if one is available?

ie, what wire to cut etc

Aido, do you have the ECU fitting guide still?

If not, can someone send me an electronic copy if one is available?

I'm afraid I've never had one mate, never got the fitting guide when I picked the car up, saying that I've never needed it to be honest!

Can anyone help Nick out on this one please?

Sounds like you've had a busy day mate anyway!

As for the common faults thread, it's here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...wtopic=1288&hl=

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links