Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Needles Required

Dave-Ellen

No No No You cannot reuse needles- ever!

After the first injection they loose alot of their sharpness- I've seen some hi-re photo's of a pin when its been used once, twice and three times.

The sharp 'cutting' edge looked like a knackered bread knife by the 2nd time.

What colour ones do you need?

I have some blues, and some orange- blues are for intramusclular, the orange for veins.

Not sure how many I have but let me know if you're interested.

By the way, not a drug user per se in case anyones thinking.

J

After the first injection they loose alot of their sharpness- I've seen some hi-re  photo's of a pin when its been used once, twice and three times.

Not true.

I've been diabetic for over 30 years and usually give myself 4 injections a day.

Modern needles are fine for about a dozen injections before they start to get painful. I get mine on the NHS but can't be bothered to change the needle after every injection - I just change it when it gets blunt and painful.

Insuling syringes come with integral nedles nowadays - these cost about 10p each (buy them in a box of 100). You are allowed to buy them from a pharmacist without prescription. You may also find that you can get an insulin pen device for your dog (I've been using one for many years).

A very quick Google turned up this link (there are loads) - £17 for a 100 syringes. http://www.furrypharm.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=452

If you'd like any advice / reassurance / whatever about diabetes dave - happy for you to call me.

Edited by Rodders_UK

After the first injection they loose alot of their sharpness- I've seen some hi-re  photo's of a pin when its been used once, twice and three times.

Not true.

Thank you.

Cannot re-use. BAH!

I would never re-use a needle, ever.

Apart from bluntness (cause of pain when injecting, as already mentioned), the chance of infection is greatly increased.- would you really want an abcess or blood poisoning???

Ask a health profffesional- a doctor or nurse and ask them if they would re-use a needle- I know what the answer would be.

For the sake of about 6p would you put your own, or your pets health at risk.?????????

Apart from bluntness (cause of pain when injecting, as already mentioned), the chance of infection is greatly increased.- would you really want an abcess or blood poisoning???

Ask a health profffesional- a doctor or nurse and ask them if they would re-use a needle- I know what the answer would be.

For the sake of about 6p would you put your own, or your pets health at risk.?????????

I asked a vet and was advised that it is quite safe to re-use needles as long as it is on the same animal and the needle is kept clean.

If it's blunt, then change it. If not, the dog is not going to mind.

Cheers,

Chris

I love it when people that no absolutely nothing voice their opinions anyway. how amy times have you actually given or received an injection using a re-used needle - upon what is your opinion based?

I've given myself 4 jabs a day (on average) for the last 33 years - that's about 48,000 injections. I have never had an abcess or blood poisoning - not once - ever, and I re-use every needle many times.

Stop talking crap please.

unless u re-sterilize the needle u never know which time u will kill urself

thats like saying ive been a smack addict for 15 years but ive been ok for 15 years. but the next time u could die u fool.

rodders > i never knew u went to medical school, my ex - a nurse, her mum - an anethatist, both say the same

unless u re-sterilize the needle u never know which time u will kill urself

thats like saying ive been a smack addict for 15 years but ive been ok for 15 years. but the next time u could die u fool.

rodders > i never knew u went to medical school, my ex - a nurse, her mum - an anethatist, both say the same

You're just proving your ignorance of the subject mate. What on earth has smack got to do with it? Ask your ex and/or your mum (with all due respect) if they actually know of anyone who has EVER died as a result of re-using an insulin needle - ever, in the whole world (ffs!!)

And you have no idea what I do for a living do you?

your not in the medical profession as u would know

and every needle is exactly the same, doesnt matter what ur injecting into u

Are you suggesting that the same type of needle would be used for subcutaneous injections and for example, delivering drugs or removing fluids?

This is silly..I am now stepping out of this argument.......

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links