Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Has Hit Me

was waiting to turn right in tesco car park next thing i seen this car to my left reversing into me

BEEBED MY HORN CONTINOUSLY

AND THEY WENT INTO ME

got out and the WOMAN didnt even get out

she just stayed in the car

due to the rain and the dark couldnt see if there was any damage.

couldnt see any dents

so i have taken her number and plate details and will look in the morning

My questions are

my insurance is up on the 30th of this month and i have got my new quote from a different insurance company (adrian flux)

will this effect me changing over with the quote they have given me?

she has accepted full responsibility

also if there is damage can i choose where to get it fixed

cause i would want it done at Lexus

cheers

andrew

Im not insurance expect,but from what ive read etc..the quote should be still good because it was given before your accident and like you say its not your fault anyway and i believe you can say where you want the car fixed.

Maybe someone else can add to this.

Cheers chips.

I worked in a claims department many years ago, but I doubt if things have changed:

Strictly speaking you should report any accident to the insurers regardless of whose fault it is. Reason being that the other party may well dispute the claim once she has told her hubby & he might try & be clever & get some old damage paid for by you! It often happens even in clear-cut cases like this & you would be amazed how it suddenly becomes you that must have been driving fast while she was stationary.

If you don't report it - your insurers will wash their hands of it & leave you to argue it out. They will also reduce your no-claims bonus 'till it is sorted. The fact that they have quoted for renewal already makes no difference.

If you do report it they will probably reduce your bonus because of a possible pending claim & will not reinstate it untill you have been paid in full.

If you have comp insurance you can get your insurers to repair it (probably at Lexus) & they should then claim from the other side less any excess which you need to claim.

If you claim direct from the other party, or their insurers they will probably ask for 2 estimates & pay for the cheaper one. If you go for the more expensive - you would pay the difference. You would probably have to pay for the job first yourself & claim it back after.

I know this doesn't make you feel any better, but insurance is a nightmare! If you have an additional policy for legal expenses, you should find that they will take it all over for you.

Good luck & I hope you find there is no damage & we have been wasting our time. Have a good look along the side of the car from about 3ft behind the bumper for any wavy panels/dents.

once she has accepted it was her fault how long will it take to get done

If she gets her claim form in asap it will probasbly take 2-3 weeks min before they give the go-ahead. Suggest you get the estimates done anyway to save time. If you go thru your insurers they will be quicker. Keep a note of all your expenses & try & claim them.

If you are claiming direct from her - get her to write & confirm she will pay for the repairs. If it is thru her insurers - pester them!

once she has accepted it was her fault how long will it take to get done

Hopefully it won't take too long, but I was run into the back of in February, and only last week was it resolved! People have a funny way of changing their story when they explain it to their insurance companies...... :angry:

I thought insurance companies would withhold your no claims bonus until the dispute was resolved.  Ie load your premium assuming you was at fault and then reinburse the difference should the dispute be resolved in your favour.  Not positive though.

I recently had to make a claim when my car was hit when it was parked. Direct Line decided the accident wasn't my fault and so no prob with no claims. They were onto driver of van who admitted responsibilty within a few days and the car was in the body shop the next week.

It all depends if the woman who hit andrew will still admit responsibility when talking to her insurers, if so should be sorted quickly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links