Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200 Sport - Advice Please Re Wheels.

Steve B

Hi everyone. I've been reading this web site for the past few days and I think it is brilliant. I'm buying a new IS 200 Sport and I would like to know if anyone has information regarding the wheels, as it appears that quite a few people have had problems with wheels becoming pitted and suffering from corrosion. Has Lexus now fixed this problem? The car I'm picking up is in Strathcaron Blue and I'm really counting the days, hopefully it'll be sometime next week - can't wait. Steve from sales at Reading Lexus has been really helpful and nothing has been too much trouble.

They have fixed it on the wheels they are replacing under warranty, they now have a much thicker coat of lacquer. I don't know if they have changed the factory wheels but I wouldn't worry too much. If they do develop signs of pitting in 12-36 months you could get a nice new set of wheels (which was very welcome for me at 50K miles, made the car look new again).

:unsure: Be careful though as I have a second hand IS200 and the previous wasn't very good at parking.

As a result there is some kerbing damage to the rims and even though they are corroded my local dealer won't touch them. :sad:

Gutted as I spend all my time polsihing the damn thing as a good advert for the vehicle and the rims let it down badly.

:sad::sad::sad::yawn::sad:

:unsure: Be careful though as I have a second hand IS200 and the previous wasn't very good at parking.

As a result there is some kerbing damage to the rims and even though they are corroded my local dealer won't touch them. :sad:

Gutted as I spend all my time polsihing the damn thing as a good advert for the vehicle and the rims let it down badly.

:sad::sad::sad::yawn::sad:

Try another dealer - a guy I know had his changed even though thy were all quite badly kerbed.

Name and shame mate!

who is the dealer trying to pull a fast one?

as long as it is within the warranty period - they should replace your wheels as wheel corrosion is just not acceptable.

as lexicon said - try another dealer.

then name the dealer who would help you.

I have the Lexus 18" six spokes and they are being replaced tomorrow under warranty even though they are only 5 months old, due to corrosion. I'm quite glad really because I kerbed one for the first time last month :o

Hey Andy - that really surprises me. All of us that have had our 17's replaced under warrenty had a different finish to yours 18's... that's strange... How badly were they corroded?

Hi All,

I have the same problem, 16 months old (Y reg 2000), 29k on the clock. I recently had the wheel trims restored after kwik fit decided to scratch them whilst changing tyres. :angry:

I would be interested in speaking with the dealer to see if they could replace my wheels, would be good :D

The car is on company lease with lex, do you think this would cause a problem?

Apart from the wheels I am very pleased with the car, cannot fault it.

Cheers

Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links