Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Porsche Cayman

My mate came round yesterday to take me for a spin in his new cayman. It's only done 900 miles, so he couldnt take it over 4000rpm (2000 mile run-in).

Damn nice car, even keeping it to under 4k, you can feel the potential it has for going mighty fast.

And boy, I love the sound of engine!

I was toying with the idea of getting a boxster next, yesterday just made my mind up that little bit more

I've got another drive booked in for when it reaches 2k, am looking forward to that one! :lol:

My mate came round yesterday to take me for a spin in his new cayman. It's only done 900 miles, so he couldntcouldnt take it over 4000rpm (2000 mile run-in).

Damn nice car, even keeping it to under 4k, you can feel the potential it has for going mighty fast.

And boy, I love the sound of engine!

I was toying with the idea of getboxsterboxster next, yesterday just made my mind up that little bit more

I've got another drive booked in for when it reaches 2k, am looking forward to that lol! :lol:

[/Tisse]

Tiss a very nice car/van/box indeed... I had a customer who wanted a 'live' wire fed though the bulkhead for his/sat nav..... or something and Porsche charged him £1500 for fitting one wire :ohmy: seemingly the engine bay is soundproof and armoured.

Then we got a set of 22" wheels with Continental tyres from Germany £8000... drove the vehicle back to the UK and it shook/vibrated all the way...... back at STS i balanced the wheels... still no good?... so i contacted Continental asking them to check the tyres for faults (excessive run-out)..... problem was they needed the tyres back at the test centre (no in centre testing possible)..... and nowhere in my area had a machine that could remove 22" tyres :crybaby:

So I insured the wheels and tyres and sent them to the Continental test centre by parcel post or whatever, and yes there was a fault with the tyres.

This is the bit that made me smile, preempting there was a fault with tyres i traced four in the UK and held them in the centre.... Continental contacted me a said 'Sorry the tyres are faulty' but we don't have any in the UK.... we will import replacements from Germany asap.....and i said... I'EV got four here :D .

I sent the tyres again by parcel post up to Continental, they fitted the tyres and sent them back fully fitted, every element was at there cost, and that was volunteered (fair play)

Best part of this story the owner gave me a £200 tip :o ..... yes that's exactly what i thought!

£200! Can't say fairer than that! :D

Admitidly there was a lot of work involved but since i am working within STS that's my job.. i am paid to help the customer...... experience gave me the edge and i preempted the result..... and won :D .....£200 makes a world of difference when you are skint... but what really smacked me was the wealth...... i even said to the owner 'can i be your son' :D ......£200 tip... another world methinks

Admitidly there was a lot of work involved but since i am working within STS that's my job.. i am paid to help the customer...... experience gave me the edge and i preempted the result..... and won :D .....£200 makes a world of difference when you are skint... but what really smacked me was the wealth...... i even said to the owner 'can i be your son' :D ......£200 tip... another world methinks

Hope you've put it in your Lexus Dream kitty? :D

Hope you've put it in your Lexus Dream kitty? :D

Naaaah, it was burgled by my 15yld teenager...... then i 'Kicked the kitty'

Tiss a very nice car/van/box indeed...

Are we getting our Caymans and our Cayennes mixed up here? :unsure:

.......or am I stooopid? :yawn:

I think we are!

Cayenne is the 4 wheel drive box.

Cayman is the hardtop boxster, aka cockster.

I went out in the cockster.

Probably wedged up to death so £200 was newt to him..I will be there in about 8yrs lol!!

Sorry Nick :offtopic: To answer Pip.... Yes this chap owns a lot of wealth...... On the day he picked up the Porsche he ordered a new one.... :o simply because a the waiting list. Also in 05 he bought a new Lotus or Lamborghini i cant remember which.... anyway he took me out for a drive in it because he wanted to show me the 'Launch control'.... i thought well OK so it can pull away fast :huh: what i didn't know is the car (manual) automatically revs it's nuts out, red lines and changes through the gears until you come off the throttle.....for me it was a 'brown trouser moment'....... my arse needed two stitches..... continuing down the winding lane i thought 'here' comes a tight bend.... even the road signs know that.......surly he i going to slow down........ OH NO.... we went around this bend so fast the G force bent the end of my nose :o

Whats different about this chap is that he has built his wealth..... he is a typical guy like you and me, and he loves his cars...... Another time he came into the centre with a Porsche 911 with a 'works engine' fitted, the car was lowered to the deck and had all the oil cooler pipes running down the side of the car..... it had a puncher but it was so low i couldn't get a jack under it.... try as i did i couldn't lift the car :crybaby: he gave me £20 tip for trying and said 'I'll take to Porsche' and let them sort the tyre.

We all have a dream.... very few can afford it.....it's nice to know someone who can but retains the working mans attitude when fortune knocks.

We all have a dream.... very few can afford it.....it's nice to know someone who can but retains the working mans attitude when fortune knocks.

Exactly WIM. You cant take NOTHING away from a person who has worked and built his fortune rather than twits who were just shat out and inherited it, as they generally dont have a clue about hardship and having to budget enough in order to eat for the following week.

Exactly WIM. You cant take NOTHING away from a person who has worked and built his fortune rather than twits who were just shat out and inherited it, as they generally dont have a clue about hardship and having to budget enough in order to eat for the following week.

Wise words indeed!..... I'm as jealous as *****... but wealth in this format i can only respect!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links