Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tired Of My Tyres

gadget

Hi to all.. I hope someone can advise me..

Got my IS200 SE for just a few months, When I bought it the dealer had had too replace all 4 tyres and had fitted Nankangs 215/45/17 all round, Like other posts have reported I have found them Twichy in the wet and very noisey.. I want to replace them and a visit too my local tyre depot gave me these options

A) 215/40/17 Kumho KY31 Fitted/balanced etc for £270.00

B) Toyo PXT1's Fitted/balanced etc for £315.00

Whats best for moderate driving and road holding in the UK climate ( Mostly Wet )?

How do the prices stand up against other places?

and I just noticed that the profile is 40 as opposed to 45 as fitted currently .. Will this cause any adverse effects?

Thanks for your help in advance . .

John

I recently bought two 215/40-17 kuhmo ecsta's from mytyres. Cost about £70 each IIRC.

Went to my local garage to get them fitted (£20, so £160 in total), he could have supplied and fitted the pair for £145...

Next time I'm gonna get a quote off my garage before buying online!

I've gone for the kuhmo's a few times now on various cars. Have always been happy with the grip they provide, personally think they are an under-rated tyre!

I have Kuhmo's on GS300 and found them good enough in mixed driving, have odd slide in wet when camber goes funny and car unsettles, but fast through A road roundabouts, braking and any dry driving no probs, as "the Greek" says, underated

I PUT 4 X 215/45/17S re050 POTENZAS ON MINE really quiet COMPARED TO THE re040 STANDARD 17" FROM NEW .

tHESE TYRES ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN ONE oem S AND ARE SUPERB IN ALL WAYS .....i HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.

Ohhh Now im thinking.. Toyo 's Or Kuhmo's ... :yawn:

4 Kuhmo' fitted £270.00 4 Toyo T1's fitted £ 315.00

As Bazza says.. Money or your life.. Both look good but the extra few dollors may pay dividens..

Going for Toyo's.... :D Or maybe Kuhmos's... :yawn:

TOYO'S it is ... Done Deal Booked for Tuesday.. :)

Thanks All Much Appreciated.. B)

John.D.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links