Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx400h Fuel Economy

I have had my RX 400h since October 2005 and the best MPG I have managed to get is 26 MPG. The published figures on the Lexus web site are:

Urban 31

Extra Urban 37.2

Combined 34.9

Is anyone managing to get anywhere near to these figures?

I have had mine checked twice at the dealership and they tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. So why am I not getting an average of 34.9 to the gallon!

Any comments would be appreciated.

Got our RX400h on 15 June (first on the road in London). In the Summer we easily got 32-36 mpg, whereas in this colder climate the average is down to 28-30 mpg.

This apparently is normal for all hybrids. Toyota Prirus owner experience the exact same thing.

Come Spring/Summer you will see a vast improvement.

You must admit it is a lovely car to drive.

Happy motoring

I have had my RX 400h since October 2005 and the best MPG I have managed to get is 26 MPG. The published figures on the Lexus web site are:

Urban 31

Extra Urban 37.2

Combined 34.9

Is anyone managing to get anywhere near to these figures?

I have had mine checked twice at the dealership and they tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. So why am I not getting an average of 34.9 to the gallon!

Any comments would be appreciated.

I'm getting 29MPG, Can't complain as this is achieved without trying. Will be interesting to compare this MPG in spring/summer but 29 is still amazing given the performance and low emissions !

Had mine since Sep 05 8250 miles todate

in the summer best tankfull was 37.6 mpg solo 26 towing caravan

now in the winter 31 to 32 solo but if i use a large right foot going to work and back (40 miles each way and top speed of 80 / 90) I get 28 to 30 mph

I've had RX400h since 17 November and have just today passed 4000 miles now. I have been taking the average over each 2000 miles since I took delivery.

The first 2000 miles averaged 31.8 Mpg. The second 2000 miles averaged 30.9 Mpg.

This includes urban, motorway, minor roads, windy country lanes etc.

The outside temperatures do play a part in the average consumption, but for this class of vehicle I would consider even 25Mpg to be very good.

The way I see it, although others might disagree, the major benefit of the hybrid drive is the reduced emissions, and does not necessarily mean a vast improvement on consumption would be achieved -- though some improvement over the standard petrol would be expected. At any rate, the 400h consumption is MUCH better than the 300 ;)

L.

I have to agree with most here. I'm getting around 30-32mpg in various driving conditions and considering the performance and the low emissions, to me that's about as good as it gets. I run my car as a company car, and almost without exception any other 4x4 would mean top rate 35% car tax, the RX400h is currently at 27% so there really wasn't any competition.

I have only had my RX400h for 2 weeks and have noticed that fuel efficiecy is dependant on ambient tempreture and the number of "cold trips".

When the engine is cold it is difficult to get better than 18mpg and it takes around 10 minutes to get up to tempreture. As with any car the engine needs to be hot to run efficiently. Also the engine runs if the Climate is set to auto just to warm up the interior.

Once up to temp the main criteria is where the car is driven. The best performance I have seen is on country roads, ave speed 40 - 50mph. On some trips I have managed to ave 38mpg over an 80 mile trip.

On moterways the best I could average was 27 - 28mpg. (same as my RX300)

Already I have started planning my routes around country roads and can't wait for warmer weather B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links