Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit

The HID kit arrived today from Prolex(very fast delivery).

1.jpg

A very good kit, i have gone for the 8300K :)

After a quick breakfeast i got down to fitting them.

Here are my boaring standard lights.

2.jpg

The kit is very simple to install. I had the first headlight done in about 15 minuites. The smile on my face was still growing.

3.jpg

And finally a few ticks later i had them both installed and working. A very quick and easy kit. Took about 20-30mins to install. Very pleased with it all and recomend it to every driver :)

4.jpg

Cheers Prolex :wub:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they like in the dark and in comparison to driving in the dark to the stock ones?

Its such a huge difference driving at night with these, you also find that catseyes glow, and it lights them up a long way ahead so makes night-time motorway driving much easier

Do they just replace the dipped beam? Are the original sidelights kept and full beam?

Yep those stay the same, although I plan to get some LED sidelights, and some kind of whiter bulbs for full beam, because they look really odd now....

Look great! I miss the xenons from my Focus ST when i got my IS, def gonna get some of these!

Good pics, any like you said at night?

Most people got the 6500k are the 8500k any better as i know the light gets dimmer the higher the k but the colour gets bluer??

Look great! I miss the xenons from my Focus ST when i got my IS, def gonna get some of these!

Good pics, any like you said at night?

Most people got the 6500k are the 8500k any better as i know the light gets dimmer the higher the k but the colour gets bluer??

I posted these up a few months ago when I fitted mine:

122594723.jpg

122594731.jpg

To be honest, I've not noticed any difference in brightness between my 8300K and the OEMs on the other cars we have, but as you say the light is bluer so appears even whiter than the xenons :)

Yeah they do look very blue but very nice! I guess the 8300k is better in terms of colour as with factory fit alot of the colour comes from the actual projector lenes as most factory xenons are 4300k!

Guess it will be 8300k for me too then!!

Yeah they do look very blue but very nice! I guess the 8300k is better in terms of colour as with factory fit alot of the colour comes from the actual projector lenes as most factory xenons are 4300k!

Guess it will be 8300k for me too then!!

That's quite interesting, I didn't know that - is that why the colour appears to change depending on the angle you are looking at certain cars?

That's quite interesting, I didn't know that - is that why the colour appears to change depending on the angle you are looking at certain cars?

Yeah i think so, i'm no expert on xenons or anything just from research and things you pick up as you do, if you look at most projector Xenon lights when there off in daylight they have a kind of prism rainbow effect to them so catches different light from different angles, i've never actually seen an aftermarket kit for real and would like to see how they compare to the real thing colour wise and brightness?

Pip, £37 for PIAA 501 sidelight bulbs is it? Seems a bit on the pricey side mate, if its the ones i used to have, they come in white or blue/white you can get them cheaper than that! And most 501 LEDs are less than £10 nowadays, check out Ultra LEDs for plenty of options.

I have the PIAA 6 LED sidelights and they are VERY white and bright for a side light, Partiban. I would recommend them to you. Think they are about £37 and come with load resistors.

Is that £37 for a pair? Also do you need load resistors for sidelights?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links