Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Horn

Noel

150 + db horn

Well first question is why do i want this ........ can't think off any good reason to justify it .....suggestions? :lol:

second question.... Is it legal?.... are there limits

The guy has exaggerated the numbers:

115 dB @ 2m

139 dB @ 10cm

BTW........I have TWO of these fitted :winky: :whistling::lol:

And you can pick them up for around £25 delivered

150 + db horn

Well first question is why do i want this ........ can't think off any good reason to justify it .....suggestions? :lol:

second question.... Is it legal?.... are there limits

The guy has exaggerated the numbers:

115 dB @ 2m

139 dB @ 10cm

BTW........I have TWO of these fitted :winky: :whistling::lol:

And you can pick them up for around £25 delivered

Where?...... europe?

If i can get one cheaper and from europe then no more convincing needed :winky:

thanks

Is it hard to install Mike?

Not very tech minded.

Not too difficult, I've already posted up a wiring diagram for this. The trickiest part is removing the grille in order to fit the new horn in front of the radiator, which involves cutting a 6m piece from a 3mm aluminium bar and drilling a hole each end. I fitted the twin horns in around 2 hrs.

Mike,

did you buy one first and then think it's not enough, or was it you wanted to keep the twin idea of the originals ?

Any harder putting on two, can they use the same relay?... supply etc?

If im gonna do it at all i might as well do two....!

hope you don't mind .... toyota an all :D

Mike,

did you buy one first and then think it's not enough, or was it you wanted to keep the twin idea of the originals ?

Any harder putting on two, can they use the same relay?... supply etc?

If im gonna do it at all i might as well do two....!

hope you don't mind .... toyota an all :D

It's no more difficult installing twins as it is a single, but you will need to use two relays. When fitting the relays be very sure to locate them somewhere where they wont get wet - I located mine inside the engine bay above the driver side wheel arch behind the headlight and then tidied the cabling inside snap-on cable shrouds.

150 + db horn

a very good reason is, Lexus parper is a bit rubbish...it kinda says quietly excuse me! as what your looking at will say MOOOOOOOVE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it hard to install Mike?

Not very tech minded.

Not too difficult, I've already posted up a wiring diagram for this. The trickiest part is removing the grille in order to fit the new horn in front of the radiator, which involves cutting a 6m piece from a 3mm aluminium bar and drilling a hole each end. I fitted the twin horns in around 2 hrs.

2 hours me arse........ more like 4 for normal folk......... :lol: ..... actually took me nearer 5 hours, because one of my home made brackets fell down inside the bumper and slid into a "sump" like splashguard right under the rad..... that took alot of extra work to get it back....... :tsktsk:

It's a fine line getting those buggers to fit without them rubbing off either the rad or the blasted sports grill won't go back on........ wiring was the easy bit.... no fuses blown...... ( yet :winky:)

Although the lights do dim when you activate the HORNS.... it's gonna be fun :devil:

anyway thanks Mike for the link and the tips :winky:

All that is left is to buy the T-Shirt.......... ->HERE <-..... only kidding , wife would really kill me :lol:

I have 2 of these on the Lex and 1 one the bike they are insanely load :P

if u wana hear what they sound like http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index.htm

wow! Now...which suits an LS400?.... :unsure:

Well i think 2 of the Nautilas Range are plenty and you will surely have alot more room to fit them on a LS400...... :)

Be advised though... these are LOUD and some people might not take too kindly to them...... so you need to have thick skin..... which i do :yahoo:

Only fitted them yesterday......

commets to date.... " G,OD ALMIGHTY! That's a disgrace!!!!" ( My Mother, mothers day an all, couldn't resist :yahoo:)

...." don't DARE press that while i'm in the car" ( My wife )...... WOOOW COOOOOL.... ( My Kids )...

oh and the neighbours dog has not even tried to p!ss on my wheels today..... :lol::lol::lol:

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND INSTALLING THESE HORNS.......

now must go for a drive...... "OUT OF THE WAY FOOOL" :lol:

Now where is my next victim

I have 2 of these on the Lex and 1 one the bike they are insanely load :P

if u wana hear what they sound like http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index.htm

wow! Now...which suits an LS400?.... :unsure:

Well i think 2 of the Nautilas Range are plenty and you will surely have alot more room to fit them on a LS400...... :)

Be advised though... these are LOUD and some people might not take too kindly to them...... so you need to have thick skin..... which i do :yahoo:

Only fitted them yesterday......

commets to date.... " G,OD ALMIGHTY! That's a disgrace!!!!" ( My Mother, mothers day an all, couldn't resist :yahoo:)

...." don't DARE press that while i'm in the car" ( My wife )...... WOOOW COOOOOL.... ( My Kids )...

oh and the neighbours dog has not even tried to p!ss on my wheels today..... :lol::lol::lol:

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND INSTALLING THESE HORNS.......

now must go for a drive...... "OUT OF THE WAY FOOOL" :lol:

Now where is my next victim

right that post convinced me you lot are a bad influence i've ordered one now will fit that then get another

Austin

right horns here and i attempted to fit it today :tsktsk: thing does anyone have a clue how the relay is supposed to work?

Connected the horn directly to the Battery and it nearly deafened me, so that discounts a dodgy horn i've connected the relay as per diagram and all i get is a slow motoring of the horn no sound.

Anyone else suffered the problems i am having as at the minute i am considering getting hold of another relay

Austin

Nope mine worked first go.... had alot of trouble getting the Horn to fit though.... big horn small space...:lol:

Check your connections.......

On relay....

Fused power wire from Battery = 30 ( 12v in)

Power wire out to horn = 87 ( 12v out)

relay ground = 85 ( i earthed it to the chassis but you could try running a wire from the Battery negative)

Activation wire from old horn = 86 ( trigger relay)

:winky:

Nope mine worked first go.... had alot of trouble getting the Horn to fit though.... big horn small space...:lol:

On relay....

Fused power wire from battery = 30 ( 12v in)

relay ground = 85 ( i earthed it to the chassis but you could try running a wire from the battery negative)

hmm i ran back to Battery -ve might be a bad earth then will make attempt 2 tomorrow

On relay....

Fused power wire from battery = 30 ( 12v in)

relay ground = 85 ( i earthed it to the chassis but you could try running a wire from the battery negative)

hmm i ran back to Battery -ve might be a bad earth then will make attempt 2 tomorrow

right tried all that still no sound from the horn again horn works directly from Battery and when connected to the relay and the horn pressed the relay ticks but no sound. I reckon the relay is duff as in moving but not making the connection.

Good to HEAR it worked at last.........

I know It's sad but i tend to look for things to hoot at now....ie..Stupid dog at the side of the road.... better give him a hoot ( ear ringing) to keep him off the road.....

cut up on the roundabout......THEY definitly know my reaction now....hehe...simple pleasures in life.....:P

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant, my next MOD was going to be HID's. What better way of getting noticed.

Next time I pick my Kid up from his mums, she won't hang around. She'll throw him in the back and slam the door!

If I give her a toot about a mile away he will be waiting on the kerb... Brilliant.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links