Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Race For Life

peter026

This is being run on 11 June in Dorset, and my wife is running in it again, Last time she and her work colleagues raised over £1000.

Even my Granddaughter, who has diabetes, runs it, and raised more money in sponsorship than any other member of the team last time.

This year they are hoping to raise even more, so any sponsors from LOC are most welcome.

Many thanks

Peter and Alison

and not forgetting Mellisa

Link for online Payment

'Donated'.... well done Peter!

Cancer in all it's varying forms strikes without compassion, belligerent denial works very well until it effects you or someone you love then it's personal.... then what!..... Then we rely on this independent funding in the hope the research can control and capture a future for our loved ones when it really matters.....

Subliminal mesegges exit here...

L :ove

O:ur

C:hildren

On WIM i have a 'Donations' for development section...... until 11-June can you re-direct the Donations to this cause..... this week although i am on holiday i have gone in and nursed the cars back to full health, this cost me nothing more than my time......'why do it'...... because i care....... Peter cares for us... support is cheap in comparisan to the conciquences.

Anyway do the best you can team LOC or the cat gets it?

Even harder :D

Supprisingly quiet......here?

I personally feel similar desires as Peter to encourage people to donate toward this cause..... but in truth LOC is a club embracing all relevant areas regarding cars...... a sudden request for 'money' for Cancer research does not quite fit?........ does it?....... or does it!

When my wife was diagnosed with Cancer i realised it's not just 'other people' who suffer on TV and documentaries it can become real!...... even when it's not yourself, the pain makes tears from acid and burns very deep.

Add to that a 'child' then the horror must be immeasurable!

Money is the obvious object here..... support from team LOC if only in views and comments would help here.

Sponsorship can come in many forms?...... 'who's' up for getting their 'nut's' waxed for Cancer research? :D

peter i am gonna do a whip round at work for a worthy cause its a worthy cause i will send the donation when i have it, all the best to your wife for the run

Thanks for that Jock, much appreciated........... 6 weeks ago I went to a farm to shoe a couple of ponies, and the daughter told me her Dad was ill, diagnosed with cancer.........Today I went back and she informed me he had died last week. leaving a wife and two children to run the farm.

I lost a sister 3 years ago to Cancer, my wife her father in 2004 and her elder sister is in remission..

Cancer research needs all the money that the public can raise if it is to get anywhere near a cure for this awful disease. The Cancer research scientists have an annual spend of £213+ million, most of it raised by public donations, so please give generously to this worthwhile cause.

If you smoke, cut down by 3 a day and the £5 you save in a week, donate to this cause.

If you drink, cut down by 2 pints and the money you save could also go to this cause.

I have yet to meet anyone not touched or know of someone, either a close friend or a relative, who has succumbed to this most dreadful of diseases, or is in remission.

I'll get off my soap box now and hope that LOC will give generously. the link is in post No1

Many thanks

Peter & Alison

Heart wrenching read indeed....

Money is the object here, and i imagine donating without direct course would be a 'leap' of faith.... nevertheless the course is prevention........in the negative?..... the best results are something that 'didn't' happen.. how nice is it that a stranger (you/me) can influence a chance to extend someones life......

Maybe a simple reply of encouragement here could persuade readers to become directly involved and donate.... i for one will be having my 'nuts' waxed for Cancer Research....... 'DVD'S' will be available at a cost of £5....... made payable to 'Cancer research' :shifty:

cats out...... 'think hard' or the Mouse gets it?

Heart wrenching read indeed....

Money is the object here, and i imagine donating without direct course would be a 'leap' of faith.... nevertheless the course is prevention........in the negative?..... the best results are something that 'didn't' happen.. how nice is it that a stranger (you/me) can influence a chance to extend someones life......

Maybe a simple reply of encouragement here could persuade readers to become directly involved and donate.... i for one will be having my 'nuts' waxed for Cancer Research....... 'DVD'S' will be available at a cost of £5....... made payable to 'Cancer research' :shifty:

cats out...... 'think hard' or the Mouse gets it?

i will give you a £10 if i dont have to watch that DVD :sick:

Bump

A friend of ours died at 6.20 this morning, he was a work colleague of Alison for 15 years, and every morning Alison visited him before starting work. This morning she went up to the ward and was told the sad news.

The big C has claimed another............Lets not get complacent here..Please give generously.

• 4 weeks later...
Donated :D

Come on everybody its a very worthy cause

Indeed it is.... but we all become hardened to so many courses via TV we can become belligerent. Money is the ultimate goal... 'fact'.. Focus is the best option here.. Peter has constructed a direct personal evolution here in LOC toward preventing future victims...... car club or not we are alive, Cancer will effect someone we know and love like it or not!

Drudge read.... but so important when the power within is a collaboration that generates votes... £votes....

Please hit the link.. it's via 'pay pal' 100% secure and donate a Kebab = £4 large £5....

And save a life.

Just an update..Alison has been baking cakes for the last 4 days......collecting books from friends, and on her day off from the Hospital where she works, will be going back in to sell as many books, and as much cake as she can, to raise even more money for this worthwhile cause.

So if any of you fellow LOCers are in the Bridport area tomorrow call in at the Hospital, say hello and buy a book or cake :D Alison makes exceedingly good cakes, and the eggs used are from our own free range Hens.........Our eggs have won prizes at agricultural shows...They are that good :D

Failing that you can still sponsor on line......The link is in the first post.

Many thanks to all who have already sponsored, and those of you who are about to.

Peter & Alison

Just an update..Alison has been baking cakes for the last 4 days......collecting books from friends, and on her day off from the Hospital where she works, will be going back in to sell as many books, and as much cake as she can, to raise even more money for this worthwhile cause.

So if any of you fellow LOCers are in the Bridport area tomorrow call in at the Hospital, say hello and buy a book or cake :D Alison makes exceedingly good cakes, and the eggs used are from our own free range Hens.........Our eggs have won prizes at agricultural shows...They are that good :D

Many thanks to all who have already sponsored, and those of you who are about to.

Peter & Alison

I offer my services (in my own time so we need to negotiate) a full Geometry including adjustments to the first person who as of 'now' donates a confirmed £40 to this cause.... BEFORE you pledge make sure the car is not to low for me to work on... :unsure: i need 10mm between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the wheel arch.

Peter & Alison

I offer my services (in my own time so we need to negotiate) a full Geometry including adjustments to the first person who as of 'now' donates a confirmed £40 to this cause.... BEFORE you pledge make sure the car is not to low for me to work on... :unsure: i need 10mm between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the wheel arch.

Cheers Tony your a star

Many Thanks Pip........As you say Cancer touches many people in different guises, whether it a friend, a relative or, as in my case a sibling and sister in law, who luckily is in remmission.

My sister, who emigrated to Aus in the late seventies, sadly died four weeks after we got back from seeing her 5 years ago. It was the first and last time I had seen her since she emigrated

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links