Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok I was very annoyed it's been over 3 months with err3 I've tried everything now..lol other than giving it to sum1 who knows how to fix them..

I have finally built up the courage to remove the whole center unit and the guide supplied on here was perfect. thanks for the help on that...

Now the next problem does any1 have a guide to get to the cd's? or how I could add a after market stereo for now..

I have an IS200 sport 99 reg

thanks for any help...

thanks Jim, but I have stripped it.. I'm not the best at all when it comes to things like this, but I found you pretty much needed to take all of it apart I just put all the screws back in now (after removing 6 cd's) will put back in the car tomorrow and pray it works

(also I had 5 screws left over in my diy style...lol lets hope it still holds together, update tomorrow..)

a guide would be a great idea, cuz there must be better ways than what I did..lol

(also I had 5 screws left over in my diy style...lol lets hope it still holds together, update tomorrow..)

AFAIK ERR3 is a mechanical problem in changing the CD's. If you got some left over there may be trouble ahead :blink:

AFAIK ERR3 is a mechanical problem in changing the CD's. If you got some left over there may be trouble ahead :blink:

eek, we shall see tomorrow when I fit it back it was broken anyway, maybe i'll just get after market hu and be happy :lol:

UPDATE:

Wednesday, no CD's in there, but it's still coming up with ERR3 is there a way to reset the unit? it won't let me feed a new cd in there.

This car is starting to annoy me, with the fact you can't even just buy an ISO cable to set up an after market hu, I can't drive with just the radio any longer it's driving me insane, i suppose the option is to pay stupid amounts to get it fixed or splash out on new wiring for the aftermart hu... very dissappointing only the 3rd month i've had it and not even be able to use the CD player.

Edited by chrisis200

Hello all,

I have had this error as well, for the 2nd time. The first time it sorted itself out without me getting overly stressed about it. But this time it has been a b%$£h and won't let go of the CDs

I've even got a 7th CD now in the mix! :blush: ... oops :tsktsk:

I too am looking to get an aftermarket system to replace the headache this one is causing me.

I have not taken the unit out yet but would be interested to know what type of connectors are required to install a new aftermarket unit.

Regards

Ket

Ket / Chrisis200, There is another option it's not perfect but it does work, but only if you have an MP3 player (iPOD etc,) and thats to buy an FM adapter. This works by plugging the adapter into the headphone socket of the player, selecting a frequency and then tuning the car stereo to the same frequency, and as long as the unit is within a few metres of the stereo your MP3 tunes will come through the stereo. Like I said it's not perfect but it does mean you have an alternative to listening to the radio, without spending mega money. :)

I too have this problem! My old stereo was replaced 3 weeks ago with a brand new one from Japan (took the dealer 6 weeks to order!) and low and behold yesterday error 3, I took out the power supply to see if it would rectify itself and it seems to be even worse now, the stereo doens't even show that I have 4 disks inserted!

Phoned the dealer and they have ordered a new one, good job there's a 5 year warranty!

It's only been in the car 3 weeks what a joke !

I too have this problem! My old stereo was replaced 3 weeks ago with a brand new one from Japan (took the dealer 6 weeks to order!) and low and behold yesterday error 3, I took out the power supply to see if it would rectify itself and it seems to be even worse now, the stereo doens't even show that I have 4 disks inserted!

Phoned the dealer and they have ordered a new one, good job there's a 5 year warranty!

It's only been in the car 3 weeks what a joke !

I will hopefully be getting my stereo back from the dealer this week, not sure if I should put CD's in, I have been without it for over 3 weeks and it's driving me :tsktsk: nuts

I'm thinking this stereo is more hassle than it is worth.

I've already started to look at what I am going to replace it with....

I like the the Kenwood DDX system that covers the hole left from removing the double din dunce stereo but this is very pricey even if you don't go for the sat nav unit!

However, I am thinking more like a single DIN mp3 /wma CD tuner from Pioneer and the likes. You can pick up a blanking plate on eBay that will allow you to fit the unit, though I am unsure of the connectors it will require to adapt to any of the Lexus fittings.

Another point I am unsure of is how the new aftermarket unit will work with the current speakers and amp that are built into the car (I was always under the assumption that the amp was built into the Lexus stereo, but I am LED to believe this is not the case).

Ket.

I'm thinking this stereo is more hassle than it is worth.

I've already started to look at what I am going to replace it with....

I like the the Kenwood DDX system that covers the hole left from removing the double din dunce stereo but this is very pricey even if you don't go for the sat nav unit!

However, I am thinking more like a single DIN mp3 /wma CD tuner from Pioneer and the likes. You can pick up a blanking plate on ebay that will allow you to fit the unit, though I am unsure of the connectors it will require to adapt to any of the Lexus fittings.

Another point I am unsure of is how the new aftermarket unit will work with the current speakers and amp that are built into the car (I was always under the assumption that the amp was built into the Lexus stereo, but I am led to believe this is not the case).

Ket.

There are pages and pages of info about doing that on this forum....

search under .... changing/ replacing headunit :)

Start you off......Click here

:winky:

Ket / Chrisis200, There is another option it's not perfect but it does work, but only if you have an MP3 player (iPOD etc,) and thats to buy an FM adapter. This works by plugging the adapter into the headphone socket of the player, selecting a frequency and then tuning the car stereo to the same frequency, and as long as the unit is within a few metres of the stereo your MP3 tunes will come through the stereo. Like I said it's not perfect but it does mean you have an alternative to listening to the radio, without spending mega money. :)

I have an I Trip(FM) converter for the IPod, but two things bug me sadly. One there illegal over here to have them on, and 2nd is that there not the best quality either mine tends to crackle alot finding a none used frequency is very difficult..lol

I have an I Trip(FM) converter for the IPod, but two things bug me sadly. One there illegal over here to have them on, and 2nd is that there not the best quality either mine tends to crackle alot finding a none used frequency is very difficult..lol

I think the law is changing, so that you can transmitt as long as it's under 10 metres

I think the law is changing, so that you can transmitt as long as it's under 10 metres

I hope so, the itrip wouldn't reach another car next to it..lol so I shouldn't see y its illeagal :tomato:

double it and your about right!

no joke

Guys,

I have an update... This afternoon I dismantled my centre console, removed my stereo and began operating on the :sick: sick unit.

I removed all 7 CDs, although... I'm not sure about two of them - they were a little scratched, but may survive.

Put it all back together (how many screw do they want use on the thing!!! - managed to get them all back in the right places) and prayed before turning it on...

Alas, the news was not good. The unit still thinks there are CDs in it's belly and still displays Err3 symptons when the CD button is poked.

I braced myslelf before going back in the house and infroming the Mrs... :crybaby: "Darling, I know it means a lot to you, however... it's days are numbered. Nothing more you could have done. It is old age... creeps up on the best of us. Be Strong. In time you will learn to live without... and then I'll replace it with a new one :D

I have had an idea though... I am getting a cassette player adapter to plug into my MP3 player. The adapter, there are plenty available on eBay, just plugs into the headphone socket of any audio device and plays music through the unit. Should be better quality than the FM transmitters... and will suffice before I replace the thing.

Thanks for all the documentation on the site (whoever created them!) they were a big help.

I'll let you know which replacement unit I go for... :shifty:

Ket

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links