Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

The down pipe is on. Needs to be taken off to be heat wrapped after the waste gate return is welded on to it. The following 3" pipe is also made, just welding the flanges on.

Induction is fitted. Going to keep the viper for the time being but will get the red parts sprayed blue. Also the pipe work going into the throttle body is also being replaced with 60mm pipe. This will be less restrictive and also will be able to fit my HKS SSQV.

When I fit the new intercooler I'll also change the rest of the intercooler pipe work to 60mm and maybe change the induction kit too...

Just small jobs remaining like a few more blue pipes and the rest of the return line too (the engine bay part, all pipes and fixings are now made).

You can also see the induction hard pipe off the skyline. This will be taken off to be polished in the new year.

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice Adie, that is really coming together now.

That is not a bad idea about the throttle body. I may adapt that idea to the supra lump as I don't need the bulky traction control part.

Just a thought but would you not think of adding some more red to break the blue up a bit??

You must be very close to mapping time now;-)

Thanks Gav. I'm going for the all blue and silver / chrome look B)

I should have the car back very very soon :shifty: then I've still got to run the new engine in and get the rest of the 3" exhaust system fitted. Then mapping. So I'm still a little way off the mapping side yet, depending how long it takes to put the miles onto the new engine.

LOVE THE SIZE OF THAT INDUCTION PIPE LOVE IT

not to keen on the blue painted thing on front of engine might look better in flesh tho

All in all

FINISH IT SO YOU CAN TAKE ME OUT IN IT :lol:

LoL

It does look better 'in the flesh'. Plus I've got all the other plastic covers to go back on, the same colour. Might be too much :unsure: , we'll see.

mate will the map installed be safe on the engine as it is

with all these new diff setups u have all you need to be safe with is fueling

I initially had the same worry but apparantly it will be ok. The boost will still be running off the boost controller, which is set at 0.5 and 0.7 bar. The external waste gate spring is 0.68 bar.

I wont be running any boost untill I've done 500 odd miles on the new engine anyway (just have to be very light footed). But even if I did floor it the max boost I'd run would be 0.7bar, which is what its mapped to. Also the fuel return line doesn't add any extra fuel either, just returns it.

The boost will still be running off the boost controller, which is set at 0.5 and 0.7 bar. The external waste gate spring is 0.68 bar.

There's no point in having the boost controller set to 0.5 bar, if the wastegate spring is 0.68 bar... The wastegate spring will allow the boost to rise until it reaches that 0.68 bar which is its opening pressure. You cannot lower the boost by using a boost controller. Boost controller is used to "take over" the wastegate spring, and to hold the wastegate closed for longer = higher boost. The only way not to hit the 0.68 bar, is to control your right foot...

mate will the map installed be safe on the engine as it is

with all these new diff setups u have all you need to be safe with is fueling

I initially had the same worry but apparantly it will be ok. The boost will still be running off the boost controller, which is set at 0.5 and 0.7 bar. The external waste gate spring is 0.68 bar.

I wont be running any boost untill I've done 500 odd miles on the new engine anyway (just have to be very light footed). But even if I did floor it the max boost I'd run would be 0.7bar, which is what its mapped to. Also the fuel return line doesn't add any extra fuel either, just returns it.

Why you had fuel return line fitted, when others say you dont need :question:

Hello Gord. You have misquoted, but I assume you are digging at me again. This subject has been done to death already, but I'll explain again:

Using a fuel return line and elevated fuel pressures are aged methodologies which have the unfortunate side effects of maxed out injectors and fuel pump. This method is normally a last resort in the absence of a better solution. It is indisputable that larger injectors and a calibratable ecu is a better solution than a fuel return line and fuel pressure regulator etc, because the injector duty cycle and fuel pump are working within their design specifications and parameters.

This is off topic (sorry Nico ), so it is best to leave this issue to Engineers and customers to decide on their preference.

Why you had fuel return line fitted, when others say you dont need :question:

Who said that Adie doesn't need a fuel return line?

I'm fitting a return line now because it will be needed because of the high boost and power I hope to be running. Where as before I didn't need one because I was only running 0.7 bar. This time it will be nice to double that figure or even more.

Fair play to you Adie - a "belt and braces" job :D

As your car is (or will be) probably one of the most powerful around (except for a guy in Norway) with the 1G FE engine, I don't think anyone knows for sure whether you need the fuel return line or not. Better safe than sorry though I guess :)

As your car is (or will be) probably one of the most powerful around (except for a guy in Norway) with the 1G FE engine, I don't think anyone knows for sure whether you need the fuel return line or not. Better safe than sorry though I guess :)

Yes mate. The thought was with everything in bits then it would be easier to do as much as possible at the same time, also cutting costs down :unsure: .

Shall be in touch later this week to see if I can get in for some mapping in a few weeks or so.

All my thumbs are up for that project!! :winky:

Waiting on a few pipes still. Inlet from I/C and to finish off the wastegate return pipe. Braided fuel line is in and FPR. HKS heatshield to still go on the turbo too (finishing touches). Oh and Cusco rear strut brace now been fitted.

The car is being fired up on Monday and is booked in for MOT on Tuesday :D

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

Waiting on a few pipes still. Inlet from I/C and to finish off the wastegate return pipe. Braided fuel line is in and FPR. HKS heatshield to still go on the turbo too (finishing touches). Oh and Cusco rear strut brace now been fitted.

The car is being fired up on Monday and is booked in for MOT on Tuesday :D

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

looking nice AD, so what BHP do you think it will be?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links