Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been at abbey for around 6 months or so. it started as a side deal to keep costs down. not had the car myself since january. lots of various excuses and a major headache not being given the f-con password code plus one of the terminals for the reader had been broken. have given a deadline to the other garage (rgs) this week of a couple of weeks. finished or not its beyond a joke for over 10months for what should be a days mapping.

And what is their argument for taking that long for that little bit of mapping?? :shutit:

In other words you should have come here and we do that together over 2-3 days. :lol:

I don't have an idea why it takes so long and you had just to wait all the time for no results. :yawn:

Is there now any light at the end of that tunnel? :unsure:

Car is at Abbey I believe

been at abbey for around 6 months or so. it started as a side deal to keep costs down. not had the car myself since january. lots of various excuses and a major headache not being given the f-con password code plus one of the terminals for the reader had been broken. have given a deadline to the other garage (rgs) this week of a couple of weeks. finished or not its beyond a joke for over 10months for what should be a days mapping.

Think Abbey are struggling with the pin outs from the ECU. Myself & Bazza are trying to locate the Lexus manual I had with this data............last seen with marcus.

@ Adie try PMing marcus he's rejoined as memon or something

I also may have it on a pdf which I'm trying to find :crybaby: problem is it doesnt have a name just numbers and there are hundreds of them :whistling:

sorry to hear this Ad, :(

IS200 CD on eBay have all you need on them to take the car apart and put back, as well as the wiring pin/outs....the cost is about £6

@Dave................i returned that IS manual a very long time ago, think you fined, Tony was the last guy to have it...as thats why i had to return it! so he could use it for one of your cars

But any way like i said you can get a CD on eBay, why dont you buy one and have it posted to Abbey ??

Why have you not been given the f-con password code ? you do know you own the code, and the person has no right not giving them to you :o

Is it because you might find out how its been mapped :question:

Who didn't give you the F-Con password Adie ? Surely any reputable dealer will give you the code ?

Got an idea where this is going chaps. Most of us know who did the original map.

The reason its not given, I'm LED to believe, is that the code used is specific to that tuner so could be used for all other cars they have done.

Not sure if its right or not but I'm also told all HKS PowerWriter dealers have the same policy.

I may be spouting horse pooh but thats what I've been told by someone with no axe to grind.

Who didn't give you the F-Con password Adie ? Surely any reputable dealer will give you the code ?

The reason its not given, I'm LED to believe, is that the code used is specific to that tuner so could be used for all other cars they have done.

Not sure if its right or not but I'm also told all HKS PowerWriter dealers have the same policy.

I might be misunderstanding this, but wouldn't that mean that the original tuner could effectively "hold you to ransom" by refusing to give you the code and forcing you to go back to there for further mapping or buy another F-con etc ?

I might be misunderstanding this, but wouldn't that mean that the original tuner could effectively "hold you to ransom" by refusing to give you the code and forcing you to go back to there for further mapping or buy another F-con etc ?

Would seen that way, but you must be able to do something, coz what would you do if the tunning was no longer trading ? and as Steve has said the tuner could hold you to ransom, and that/must not be right in law ? after all you have payed for the ecu/mapping.

Got an idea where this is going chaps. Most of us know who did the original map.

I may be spouting horse pooh but thats what I've been told by someone with no axe to grind.

the reason that I was given by Mark @ TDI is the ecu is locked by the individual tuner once the map is installed

this is to prevent unexperienced persons altering the map without the mappers consent, and possibly causing unsafe settings, with obvious consequences

TDI were quite willing to unlock the ecu, but obviously wouldnt take any further responsibility once unlocked

a method not only used by HKS powerwriters but by most reputable tuners on most ecu's

im shocked that this situation is on going.Adie please dont continue the pain mate,cash in and get yourself an RS4 B7 model or a skyline and you wont look back.eats practically everything on the road and would be a pleasure to modify with approx £3k for coilovers and exhaust-job done.All this heartache with no results.I know it may not be what you want to hear but give it up fella.If its taken them this long to get not very far,you can pretty much estimate the date of completion to be when youre ready to collect from your pension fund.cars are becoming fantastically cheap with the latest credit squeeze,so save up your pennies cos there are some rich pickings to be had on many uk forecourts,ive got my eye on a Z4M on an 06 plate with less than 9k miles on the clock and ive nearly got the dealer down to £20k.Thats a 350bhp car with a 2 year manufacturer warranty from a bmw dealer.I recently calculated that my total cost for modding the M3 has been £17k,so when its put into perspective,modifying cars is a millionaires habit.

im shocked that this situation is on going.Adie please dont continue the pain mate,cash in and get yourself an RS4 B7 model or a skyline and you wont look back.eats practically everything on the road and would be a pleasure to modify with approx £3k for coilovers and exhaust-job done.All this heartache with no results.I know it may not be what you want to hear but give it up fella.If its taken them this long to get not very far,you can pretty much estimate the date of completion to be when youre ready to collect from your pension fund.cars are becoming fantastically cheap with the latest credit squeeze,so save up your pennies cos there are some rich pickings to be had on many uk forecourts,ive got my eye on a Z4M on an 06 plate with less than 9k miles on the clock and ive nearly got the dealer down to £20k.Thats a 350bhp car with a 2 year manufacturer warranty from a bmw dealer.I recently calculated that my total cost for modding the M3 has been £17k,so when its put into perspective,modifying cars is a millionaires habit.

Wise words. But having a IS200 suped up is special! More so now every boy racer can afford to buy a standard IS200....

Wise words. But having a IS200 suped up is special! More so now every boy racer can afford to buy a standard IS200....

i totally agree kazi,but surely there's a limit.Adie has clearly spent endless amounts of ££££s on this car and when it was useable and a pleasure to him it was no doubt worthwhile to him and could easily be argued as a worthwhile project,however its still costing him money and he has 0 pleasure from it,so in my humble opinion feel that a true enthusiast like adie deserves results.I have no respect for barry boy tossers that reverse into halfrauds and feel theyve modded a car,instead i respect people like us forum users for always going the right way with serious modifications by spending that little extra and researching properly.well adie did that and look at the raw deal he is getting.I also feel he may be so far down the line with this project now that he has tunnel vision and feels that if he doesnt finish it,it will in some way be regarded as a failure,so im just trying to say dont feel that way if thats the way youre feeling-youve done your absolute best to get it that far,but dont continue to hemorrhage money and at least get some pleasure from a car again.

the reason that I was given by Mark @ TDI is the ecu is locked by the individual tuner once the map is installed

this is to prevent unexperienced persons altering the map without the mappers consent, and possibly causing unsafe settings, with obvious consequences

TDI were quite willing to unlock the ecu, but obviously wouldnt take any further responsibility once unlocked

a method not only used by HKS powerwriters but by most reputable tuners on most ecu's

Fair enough Barrie, thanks for the information.

Where does Adie go from here when he is no longer getting work done @TDi ?

Surely he can sign something dissolving responsability for the map and can then get it re-mapped elsewhere ?

Fair enough Barrie, thanks for the information.

Where does Adie go from here when he is no longer getting work done @TDi ?

Surely he can sign something dissolving responsability for the map and can then get it re-mapped elsewhere ?

it can be remapped at any powerwriter, the map is locked not the ecu

any existing data can be wiped, it does mean starting afresh though

if there was any controversy regarding the existing map , it would need to be unlocked by the tuner, and then examined

you would need a neutral examiner present as it was unlocked, or it would be open for tampering with by the tuner or the owner

kind of catch 22 position !

I really do hope that Adie gets a satisfactory result

I dont know the circumstances of why and how, but i do, after recent work being carried out, have a lot of faith in Abbey's

They are a good honest company and do have the cars best interest in mind

But I'm wondering why Adie didn't kick a$$es get some money back, take the car to any other workshop in the UK

and that's it.

Or to rip out that F-CON and put some Haltech E6x or sth. in, it can manage everything you need

for any powerfull IS200. ;)

I wouldn't lwatch them that long f*cking around on my car almost a year, :angry:

poor Adie I feel with you. Get the tool in your hand buddy! :shifty:

But I'm wondering why Adie didn't kick a$$es get some money back, take the car to any other workshop in the UK

and that's it.

Or to rip out that F-CON and put some Haltech E6x or sth. in, it can manage everything you need

for any powerfull IS200. ;)

I wouldn't lwatch them that long f*cking around on my car almost a year, :angry:

poor Adie I feel with you. Get the tool in your hand buddy! :shifty:

im in agreement.I believe that Adie deserves some serious explanations and some money back for all this.cant help but feel that he's getting the rawest deal of all.Could have been any of us.

I am sorry to that this is still going on.

As a point of priciple, we alway lock the FCU to prevent our work being tampered with and then being blamed for anything that subsequently goes wrong. We always unlock them upon request at which point our responsibility is absloved.

Good luck with it Adie, and please let me know if you need any help.

As a point of priciple, we alway lock the FCU to prevent our work being tampered with and then being blamed for anything that subsequently goes wrong. We always unlock them upon request at which point our responsibility is absloved.

these two statements don't quite agree :whistling:

Fact is only HKS Powerwriters can amend the map of the HKS F-Con.

Not sure any of the other Powerwriters would appreciate any implication that they are less than competant.

these two statements don't quite agree :whistling:

What do you mean by this statement please?

Fact is only HKS Powerwriters can amend the map of the HKS F-Con.

Correct.

Not sure any of the other Powerwriters would appreciate any implication that they are less than competant.

Who made that implication please?

I appreciate your attention on these matters. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I really appreciate everybodys concern :blush:

I took the car to the local garage that did the engine work as they wanted to get somebody to finish the map off themselves. However the guy had and accident and couldn't do it at the time. They then took it to Abbey bacause they know one of the guys down there. I've not been dealing with Abbey myself only the local garage, because it was them that I entrusted the car with back so long ago.

If anybody has the info they require or knows of it then I would really appreciate it or if you say its been passed on then thanks very much indeed. I've ceaseed contacting the garage now untill the end of the month because thats when I've given them to have my car back.Then I'll be seeking other means to get it back and what to do.

On a personal note I don't give a f##k anymore about the car. I've lost all interest in it and am not bothered about driving around in a 'fast' Lexus. I'm not even bothered about seeing the project out. I am bothered however about having a car to drive around in and that the car needs to be finished for me to sell it. With the current financial climate and being in the building construction trade it is a very close possability that I will soon loose the car to creditors anyway. So I'll never get to drive the finished car...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links