Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.... Need to find why the oil light has just come on. Could be the oil cooler amongst many things. As far as I am aware the car will probably soon be in bits again. if not already. Going over tomorrow to try and find out what the **** is going on with the **** ***** car again. :tsktsk: :crybaby:

Not optimistic at all :tsktsk:

Nope.... Need to find why the oil light has just come on. Could be the oil cooler amongst many things. As far as I am aware the car will probably soon be in bits again. if not already. Going over tomorrow to try and find out what the **** is going on with the **** ***** car again. :tsktsk: :crybaby:

Not optimistic at all :tsktsk:

Bet its something minor and easily fixed.

Think positive..............and have a beer or 6

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I feel for you mate big time looks like your not having any luck i think its just the forces at be playing with you making you wait that little bit longer till you get the boooooost of your life

Hope u get it going soon, if you need anyone to rack up those running in mile let me know :lol:

The car is now stripped AGAIN and the engine has been removed with the sump off. :crybaby::crybaby:

The reason for the oil light is a faulty oil pump. A BRAND NEW oil pump was fitted. But the gears on it have collapsed and it is a struggle to turn it by hand!! SO Lexus / Toyota are sending another new one. Will be here Wednesday / Thursday. The car has been restripped to make sure everything else is still fine. For piece of mind.

What are the chances of the new oil pump failing like that?? Just aswell it did it when it did and not when I was driving it. The trouble that would have caused :o New engine again.. new internals.. new turbo... etc etc :crying:

The car is now stripped AGAIN and the engine has been removed with the sump off. :crybaby::crybaby:

The reason for the oil light is a faulty oil pump. A BRAND NEW oil pump was fitted. But the gears on it have collapsed and it is a struggle to turn it by hand!! SO Lexus / Toyota are sending another new one. Will be here Wednesday / Thursday. The car has been restripped to make sure everything else is still fine. For piece of mind.

What are the chances of the new oil pump failing like that?? Just aswell it did it when it did and not when I was driving it. The trouble that would have caused :o New engine again.. new internals.. new turbo... etc etc :crying:

That is lucky could have claimed it all of lexus tho if it had done all the damage. they must know your car inside out by now the ammount of times its been in and out stripped put back together.

Looks like the new year it will be then :)

Like you say mate lucky the pump failed when it did, always wise to strip down after something like that just incase bits have got to where they should not be.

Real pis*er mate but it will all come good in the end I am sure.

Did the engine builders clean out/replace the oil cooler radiator/piping :question: ...........I'd wager some debris may have got left in there and then blocked up the oil pump. Normal practice is to replace the oil cooler radiator as its nearly impossible to clean it out completely

May be worth asking them (the engine builder) the question.....coz if they didnt then they should have

*** ur unlucky . but then again its only a oil punp so shouldnt take to long . dont forget to get a movie cam and put somthn up on you tube .

ive a question tho . did you get to enjoy the car at all before the light came on ?

Never drove the car before the oil light came on..

The oil cooler was replaced. But then I have a ****** oil cooler anyway. Which was air blasted after the engine blow up, to get rid of the ***** that had built up in the cooler!!

I've been informed previously that the oil cooler radiator was not very good in the first place. So it might well be the case that the rad caused the pump to fail

BUT I have first hand seen the brand new fitted oil pump. I've tried to turn it by hand LITTERALLY and it is very stiff and I think of myself as quite a strong person..

So the oil pump failing was LITERALLY a faulty pump and not anything that could have been avoided by faulty workmanship

Cheers mate. But yeah it was a brand new oil pump which I bought from Lexus.

They've had a phone call from the garage explaining that it had failed and what was being done to my car. In turn how much they would have been billed for the possible damage it would have caused.

I had the pump in my hand and to try and turn it was a bit of a struggle. The pump was took apart to try and find the solution of the problem. With the engine took back out and sump off etc just incase.. for piece of mind.

ive a question tho . did you get to enjoy the car at all before the light came on ?

Not driven it yet mate. In fact the last time I drove it was when I was on the way to JAE to book myself in for the show and shine :crybaby: SOoooooo long ago

• 2 weeks later...
Any news on this topic? :unsure:

Nearly there Mike. Everything is being put back into the car again. Then some more road testing. "Will be picking it up either tomorrow or Friday" :winky: :unsure: (Now where have I heard that before?? :lol: )

Any news on this topic? :unsure:

Nearly there Mike. Everything is being put back into the car again. Then some more road testing. "Will be picking it up either tomorrow or Friday" :winky: :unsure: (Now where have I heard that before?? :lol: )

My thumbs are up buddy!! :winky:

The car is now ready to pick up.. AGAIN :lol: Unfortunately it looks like I might not be able to get a lift over to Wellingborough to get it :crybaby: So I might have to wait untill tomorrow. Oh well what's another day anyway :hehe:

I'll keep you all posted of the drive :winky:

The car is now ready to pick up.. AGAIN :lol: Unfortunately it looks like I might not be able to get a lift over to Wellingborough to get it :crybaby: So I might have to wait untill tomorrow. Oh well what's another day anyway :hehe:

My fingers are crossed for you Adie! Think we are all hoping you get it sorted! May have asked you before, but what sorta figures are you hoping for mate?

that was yesterday this is today . so hows she cutting ?

:D :D THE CAR IS HOME!! :D :D

Finally drove the car home today. At the moment it feels a bit surreal. I've not driven the car for that long that I've forgotten what a lot of the gadgets and buttons do :blush:

It really does feel like a new car again. Obviously it has changed dramatically since my last drive but I still wont benefit or really notice it until the car has been mapped. Although with the larger down pipe, exhaust system and the head being gas flowed there is still a slight improvement anyway.

The car drives very smoothly indeed and still pulls quite well considering I'm taking it very easy and using no boost. Although you can still hear the SSQV very slightly when easing off the accelerator with the boost gauge reaching 0 bar. The engine sounds great. No knocking or any other noises that shouldn't be there either. I'm very impressed with the Helix cerametallic clutch too. With being used to the Helix organic clutch and then going to this paddle one, I thought it would be quite hard. But its not. Obviously its a bit harder and you can't slip it but apart from a couple of judders and head jerking moments, it feels pretty much like the organic one anyway. Very easy to drive with. Plus I'll be able to abuse it a hell of a lot more with the racelogic launch control. :winky:

The car also looks great IMO with the TTE wheels (which will be coming off for winter) and the 'new' HKS front bumper and TTE rear lip and TRD side skirts. Since having these fitted I've only really seen the car for a couple of weeks and only driven it about 3 times. So its all still new to me. :)

The car tends to pop, backfire very slightly when changing from 1st to 2nd gear and sometimes when cruising in 3rd with low revs, but this is all because it needs mapping but other than that it so far seems spot on. So very happy indeed :D

It has been found that the reason for the oil light popping on a few weeks ago was due to swarf (crap) left in the rocker cover from when I had it polished. The cover has a kind of plate fitted underneath which must have been sand blasted. But when it is cleaned you can not get the ***** out of it because of the design. 3 large screwdrivers were used to pry open what you could for it to be cleaned.

So the car was stripped again. Engine taken out and also re-stripped. The rods and pistons etc etc were taken out and cleaned yet again and the block flushed out again. Yet more new bearings were fitted for piece of mind. Although seeing the ones taken back out, there is nothing wrong with them. No marks at all. Another new oil pump has been fitted and I've also had to have a brand new Mocal oil cooler fitted too.

Plus I really need to get my geometry sorted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links