Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Induction Filters

Guys

I am changing my current cone air filter I have on my Supercharger induction pipe as the one I have on was only a temporary cheapy one while the SC was being fitted.

I have heard that the Apexi Power Intake Cone filter is one of the best but other people have said its too quiet! (I like loud) and I'll lose that distinctive whine

So then I was thinking about a HKS filter..

What do ye think? Would be interested to hear from others who have the SC indution pipe and running either the HKS type filter or the Apexi one.

Cheers

Owen

Guys

I am changing my current cone air filter I have on my Supercharger induction pipe as the one I have on was only a temporary cheapy one while the SC was being fitted.

I have heard that the Apexi Power Intake Cone filter is one of the best but other people have said its too quiet! (I like loud) and I'll lose that distinctive whine

So then I was thinking about a HKS filter..

What do ye think? Would be interested to hear from others who have the SC indution pipe and running either the HKS type filter or the Apexi one.

Cheers

Owen

so what other people said the apexi was too quiet :o

tell them they they know nothing

without question the apexi is the best proven filter

Im sure it will give a fine sound, and also would you prefer a good filter or a good sound, HKS filter u have to maintain (i think, washin and real oiling i think) where as the apexi is a dry filter and almost hassle free.

Up to you in the end tho

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

I am about to order my Apexi Power intake filter but I need one with a flange for my induction pipe.

The outer diameter of my induction pipe is 70mm and internal diameter is 60mm.

I have found the Apexi 500-A027 which has a flange with an internal diameter of 70mm, so I am hoping that it will slide over my induction pipe tightly.

What I wanted to know is, are the flanges that come with the Apeix Power Intake universal filters rubber or stiff plastic or what?

Thanks guys!

Guys

I am about to order my Apexi Power intake filter but I need one with a flange for my induction pipe.

The outer diameter of my induction pipe is 70mm and internal diameter is 60mm.

I have found the Apexi 500-A027 which has a flange with an internal diameter of 70mm, so I am hoping that it will slide over my induction pipe tightly.

What I wanted to know is, are the flanges that come with the Apeix Power Intake universal filters rubber or stiff plastic or what?

Thanks guys!

the base of the apexi filter is flexible rubber, if that helps?

Are you just talking about the filter piece itself like you can see below?

apexi_intake.jpg

Because I am on about the universal adaptor the would attach to the filter head above.

the adaptors are alloy !

the base is as shown,....hard plastic which the adaptor screws in to

Feck!!

I dont know what to do in that case!

Apexi dont do an adaptor for my induction pipe!

Since the adaptor is alloy it will have to slide in the inside of the induction pipe and I think the smallest adaptor they do has an outer diameter of 70mm but my induction pipe has a inner diameter of 60mm.

My induction pipe is silicone and I am thinking would the old washing up liquid trick work???

Anyone know if Apexi do smaller adaptor flanges?

Are you just talking about the filter piece itself like you can see below?

apexi_intake.jpg

Because I am on about the universal adaptor the would attach to the filter head above.

the adaptors are alloy !

the base is as shown,....hard plastic which the adaptor screws in to

oops, i thought they were one piece!

will take a look at mine tomorrow :blush:

Feck!!

I dont know what to do in that case!

Apexi dont do an adaptor for my induction pipe!

Since the adaptor is alloy it will have to slide in the inside of the induction pipe and I think the smallest adaptor they do has an outer diameter of 70mm but my induction pipe has a inner diameter of 60mm.

My induction pipe is silicone and I am thinking would the old washing up liquid trick work???

Anyone know if Apexi do smaller adaptor flanges?

the fairy trick wont work, silicone hose is designed not to expand !!

apexi only do 70, 75 and 80mm adaptors as far as i remember

get a 60mm to 70mm reducer with a 60mm insert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links