Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Got My First Ever Lexus - Is200 Se

Hi All

I have been reading these forums for a while now but didn't want to post until I actually have my car!

I now have it and I am OVER THE MOON with my PLATINUM ICE, 05 IS 200 SE :hehe:

It has the Sport Grill and Sport Boot Spoiler :D

I just wondered if any of you had any "need to know tips" about the IS 200 and could answer some NOOB questions

What do you guys recommend for cleaning / waxing?

What T-CUT (or other product) do you recommend for PLATINUM ICE (Metallic T-CUT?) to remove surface scratches?

How many of you have disabled the reversing beep?

Is there any way to add SPEED CAMERA locations to the Sat-Nav? (I think this is unlikely but you never know)

How many people have put the clear fog lights on a PLATINUM ICE car - it seems such an obvious mod but they seem to be really hard to get hold of and I have read that people that have done it have switched back to the red ones??

Also, I can't seem to get more than 1 Point Of Interest to show on the map at 1 time

The selection screen seems to have spaces to add more than one (e.g. PETROL & CAR PARKS) but every time I try to add a second it replaces the first one

Can it only display one at a time??

Last thing... I am based in KENT - does anyone know the nearest LEXUS dealer that gives the GOLD MEMBERSHIP discount - Canterburry didn't know anything about it

This is a great forum and was really useful in helping me find the right car for me!

THANKS

Boydie

Welcome to LOC

Cleaner i use is stuff called Shake and Shine made by Simoniz...Is very good stuff but hard to get hold of, last place i found it was B&Q, I ordered a crate from my local car parts shop (sold a few on)

Shake and Shine does STINK! but it cleanes very well and adds a good coat of polish, i have used the stuff for years and not found anything as good.

I agree with Lexus_IS_200 it can be easy to slip into reverse...I just laugh at it and say 'this vehicle is reversing!'

No idea about the sat-nav.

Enjoy your IS!!!

Lee, I like it, it looks good. any chance of an up-to-date pic with and without the rear gogs lit? I want to get some but was put off by the bulbs.

i use carlack-68 and P21s wax from carsparkle.co.uk. its the dogs b******s. Jamboo will back me up on this one.

my sat nav only allows one at a time and after messing about ive never been able to get it to display two at a time.

hope you enjoy the car and welcome.

Lee, I like it, it looks good. any chance of an up-to-date pic with and without the rear gogs lit? I want to get some but was put off by the bulbs.

Will get some tomorrow mate when i visit the lockup.

Thanks for all the advice guys

LEE - those lights look awesome and I can't wait to see the new pics!

Thanks for the advice about the reversing bleep - I haven't made the error yet but I am sure I will at some point

Anyway - everyone thinks I have expensive rear parking sensors ;-)

I will check the detailing section - it was specific advice about products that match the PLATINUM ICE I was worried about - especially the correct T-CUT

And it is looking like you can only set 1 point of interest at a time - glad it wasn't just an error woth mine

Thanks again everyone

Boydie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links