Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got Side Swiped This Morning

norkep

Sitting in the slow lane just entering the 40 MPH Zone, a nice young lady in a hired 4 x 4 went from the fast lane to the middle and then hit me on the inside lane, luckly I was only going 40 so the impact was only minor but the whole drivers side has been scraped and the front alloy has been damaged

gallery_987_30_196754.jpg

gallery_987_30_5888.jpg

gallery_987_30_90814.jpg

gallery_987_30_244977.jpg

gallery_987_30_36447.jpg

Just need to wait and find how this is going to be sorted

Good start to a Tuesday Morning, but it could have been worse at the end of the day.

What an absolute moron! :angry:

I feel for you mate, its one of those things you prob saw coming but couldn't do anything about. Glad there's no substantial damage and as its a hire car I'm guessing it should be a straightforward insurance repair (as long as she doesn't start lying - do you have any witnesses?)

Even more reason why that Blackspot warning device on the new Audi Q7 should be standard fit to all new cars....... ;)

Ouch!

Thats unfortunate, where did it happen?

Am - about 1 mile before J10 South Bound M1 just as you reach the 40 Zone

What an absolute moron! :angry:

I feel for you mate, its one of those things you prob saw coming but couldn't do anything about. Glad there's no substantial damage and as its a hire car I'm guessing it should be a straightforward insurance repair (as long as she doesn't start lying - do you have any witnesses?)

If there was, no-one stopped. Have spoken with the other driver on phone as they requested and they have refused liablilty, so after speaking to my insurance company, they have advised that this is a No-Fault Accident (ie - not my fault) and they have started a claim against the other driver.

:tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

As for the repairs, the insuance company is happy for my mechanic to do the repairs, the wheel will take a while but the paintwork can be done in a few days luckly but have to wait unitl the insurance have accessed the damage with their people.

Hi Paul,

Sorry to see that the cars damaged,but at least your ok.I think myself i would have called the police and reported her for driving without due care and attention.Sounds like she didnt check her mirrors before maneuvering,shame it wasnt a police car she went into,dont think she would be refusing liablilty then :shifty:

Now you`ve got to go through all the trouble of getting it repaired and through no fault of your own by the sounds of it :angry:

chips..

The good thing about the insurance company I'm with is that they value the fact that the LOC looks after and takes pride in their motors.

I'm with the insurance stated in the Gold Section, as soon as I mention that I'm with the LOC this afternoon, by the time I'd spoken with them 4 Hours later, they'd already tracked down the other drivers insurance details, had already written a letter stating that the damaged caused. All I need to do is to choose the garage to make the repairs, and seeing as I already have a mechanic that does alot of the required work and bodywork as needed, they have stated - "Have them send in a quote for the repairs and headed paper and we'll sort the rest for you"

So far can't get better than that, I mentioned that I'm planning on putting the car in JAE, to which he replied " the one in Peterbrough, not a problem, we'll have everything done way before then"

Things looking good so far for a speedy repair

Just had a quote back from the garage for repairs -

£1,180.88 :blink:

Lets hope the insurance company will thing the cars worth the cost in repairs.

The Nexens aren't bad at all, got grip when needed.

As for the value, I've seen a few go for about £2K on eBay, the assesser is going for things like that - (he's looking at the face value according) mileage, age, engine and condition and placed mine in a £1800 - £2200 bracket, when repaired would be somewhere around £4k - £5K maybe more

Just had a call from the garage, repairs have been authorized. Good News

Just waiting for parts to arrive so that they can start the repairs.

They have said about 5 days to repair and paint the whole drivers side, hopefully everything will be OK seeing as they are an authorized Lexus Repairers

great news paul glad to hear its all going to work out.

See you at jae. Should have mine done by then.

Thats Good News Rob, Most certainly will be at JAE this year

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links