Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

Now who was it that said, you need bigger injectors, with you supercharger :question: thats right a salesman :o

Hello Gord. You have misquoted, but I assume you are digging at me again. This subject has been done to death already, but I'll explain again:

Using a fuel return line and elevated fuel pressures are aged methodologies which have the unfortunate side effects of maxed out injectors and fuel pump. This method is normally a last resort in the absence of a better solution. It is indisputable that larger injectors and a calibratable ecu is a better solution than a fuel return line and fuel pressure regulator etc, because the injector duty cycle and fuel pump are working within their design specifications and parameters.

This is off topic (sorry Nico :blush: ), so it is best to leave this issue to Engineers and customers to decide on their preference.

Mark - Not sure if it makes any difference but Nico also has a uprated fuel pump as well as the other bits & bobs you mention. On the early power runs the injectors maxed out (as expected at 250 + bhp) but the techy did something with fuel pressure & lowered boost a tad so now not at full load (close though)

Nico may want to upgrade his injectors later.

He called me en route saying how much he is enjoying the car in its new guise. I'll let him report in detail on that tho

No, it doesn't really matter Dave - the principle is the same.

What dyno was used? We couldn't get anwhere near a genuine 250hp using these methodologies and standard injectors.

Glad to hear that Nico is pleased - he seems like a lovely guy and worthy of the very best service.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now who was it that said, you need bigger injectors, with you supercharger :question: thats right a salesman :o

Hello Gord. You have misquoted, but I assume you are digging at me again. This subject has been done to death already, but I'll explain again:

Using a fuel return line and elevated fuel pressures are aged methodologies which have the unfortunate side effects of maxed out injectors and fuel pump. This method is normally a last resort in the absence of a better solution. It is indisputable that larger injectors and a calibratable ecu is a better solution than a fuel return line and fuel pressure regulator etc, because the injector duty cycle and fuel pump are working within their design specifications and parameters.

This is off topic (sorry Nico :blush: ), so it is best to leave this issue to Engineers and customers to decide on their preference.

Mark - Not sure if it makes any difference but Nico also has a uprated fuel pump as well as the other bits & bobs you mention. On the early power runs the injectors maxed out (as expected at 250 + bhp) but the techy did something with fuel pressure & lowered boost a tad so now not at full load (close though)

He called me en route saying how much he is enjoying the car in its new guise. I'll let him report in detail on that tho

What dyno was used? We couldn't get anwhere near a genuine 250hp using these methodologies and standard injectors.

Glad to hear that Nico is pleased - he seems like a lovely guy and worthy of the very best service.

@ Mark dyno was the same one we normally use.

What we did (royal we) was re route/manufacture the intercooler piping from the kit you've seen which I'm told improves things no end also the down pipe was also done to flow as well as posible....one thing I can say will help (which you may not be aware off...bill is in the post !) is getting the 3" system as straight as possible with mandrel bends la de da (not new to you) but the Kazama rear box on Adrians car has a 2.25" pipe in the silencer itself which doesnt help matters at all for forced induction cars. Changing would definately have helped IMHO. Nico/Mine/Marcus all have 3" all the way thru (also no cat) air filter is also relocated which may have helped.

Dyno sheet will be posted up by Nico for all to see sometime soon.

What we did (royal we) was re route/manufacture the intercooler piping from the kit you've seen which I'm told improves things no end also the down pipe was also done to flow as well as posible....one thing I can say will help (which you may not be aware off...bill is in the post !) is getting the 3" system as straight as possible with mandrel bends la de da (not new to you) but the Kazama rear box on Adrians car has a 2.25" pipe in the silencer itself which doesnt help matters at all for forced induction cars. Changing would definately have helped IMHO. Nico/Mine/Marcus all have 3" all the way thru (also no cat) air filter is also relocated which may have helped.

The problem is that the fuel system with return line, FPR and ecu maxes out below 250hp.

The reason I asked what dyno you used was to get a feel for how accurate it's likely to be. There are two issues for consideration. Firstly that some dyno's are inherently innacurate by way of poor design and/or lack of maintenance/calibration, and secondly that many are deliberatley falsified to provide high readings.

The problem is that the fuel system with return line, FPR and ecu maxes out below 250hp.

The reason I asked what dyno you used was to get a feel for how accurate it's likely to be. There are two issues for consideration. Firstly that some dyno's are inherently innacurate by way of poor design and/or lack of maintenance/calibration, and secondly that many are deliberatley falsified to provide high readings.

I'll get make later today but I do know the readings were not falsified and that is has the calibration checked at the manufacturers stated intervals ( I asked after reading a post of yours where you said yours was done...I'm keen for figures given to be credible)

I've also been told that some dyno's have a "fudge" button where false readings can be made to happen....The one I use doesnt have such a button.

I've also been told that on all dynos such things as how the car is tied down,weight of things in boot, camber angle of rear suspension can all increase/decrease reading.

From what I've read and heard there will always be a debate on what dyno is best (if i recall correctly Adrian made 240 bhp on Thors dyno by increasing boost only so an extra 15 with better exshaust/downpipe and intercooler routing is not out of the question) To conclude all I can say is there was no fiddling of figures and having had feedback from Nico there seems to be plenty of power available to him

I'll get make later today but I do know the readings were not falsified and that is has the calibration checked at the manufacturers stated intervals ( I asked after reading a post of yours where you said yours was done...I'm keen for figures given to be credible)

I've also been told that some dyno's have a "fudge" button where false readings can be made to happen....The one I use doesnt have such a button.

I've also been told that on all dynos such things as how the car is tied down,weight of things in boot, camber angle of rear suspension can all increase/decrease reading.

From what I've read and heard there will always be a debate on what dyno is best (if i recall correctly Adrian made 240 bhp on Thors dyno by increasing boost only so an extra 15 with better exshaust/downpipe and intercooler routing is not out of the question) To conclude all I can say is there was no fiddling of figures and having had feedback from Nico there seems to be plenty of power available to him

For information purposes only:

I must admit that I have never heard of a "fudge button" (or anything remotely similar) outside of a confectionary manufacturers or a sweet shop (I believe it may have a meaning in the gay community too).

Some machines have the facility to alter the reading by way of an adjustment inside the control consul (the calibration setting).

Some machines are not corrected for atmospherics or to international standards.

Some machines are not capable of undertaking industry standard testing methods

A dyno operator can give optimistic figures by applying a very light (or no) load when undertaking a power sweep, and by changing the tyre pressures.

Fair play to you if you have got 250hp - credit where it's due.

If Nico is happy with the work, the time it took, the cost, and the overall experience of dealing with you - I say well done to you :)

I'm butting out now. Sorry for the off topic Nico :blush:

For information purposes only:

I must admit that I have never heard of a "fudge button" (or anything remotely similar) outside of a confectionary manufacturers or a sweet shop (I believe it may have a meaning in the gay community too).

Some machines have the facility to alter the reading by way of an adjustment inside the control consul (the calibration setting).

Some machines are not corrected for atmospherics or to international standards.

Some machines are not capable of undertaking industry standard testing methods

A dyno operator can give optimistic figures by applying a very light (or no) load when undertaking a power sweep, and by changing the tyre pressures.

Fair play to you if you have got 250hp - credit where it's due.

If Nico is happy with the work, the time it took, the cost, and the overall experience of dealing with you - I say well done to you :)

I'm butting out now. Sorry for the off topic Nico :blush:

Not sure he's happy over the time :blush:

mine was not on full load but close but i still had probs

this was before and after another dealer looked at it

the dealer was pj motorsport he said my injecters was

way past there usage this is why i kept getting what i always

think was limpo mode only time will tell

but may be your guy has cracked it i realy hope so

only time will tell

when will the dyno sheets go up ??

mine was not on full load but close but i still had probs

this was before and after another dealer looked at it

the dealer was pj motorsport he said my injecters was

way past there usage this is why i kept getting what i always

think was limpo mode only time will tell

but may be your guy has cracked it i realy hope so

only time will tell

when will the dyno sheets go up ??

When Nico gets home and has a sleep he must be knackered.

@ Darren is the dyno chart Mark pu up in August where your car is now or is there more power ? Also what rods have you fitted to your car ? I ask as I've a choice of Farndon from the UK or some from America & want to know which are proven

Car has a HKS Fcon S fitted (I'm now able to use a authorised powerwriter for HKS ecu work so can no carry out all FCON work :winky: if required )

good to hear, who did you use ?

any clues yet dave ?

was it local ?

I'm HOME!!! :) Long trip! The car is OK, except for the brakes being wobbly, the exhaust too loud, the trc stopped working and te ECU-light is on. Those are things Dave has told me he will take care of asap, so I am not worried about that!

Very tired now, and just want to sleep!

Thanks to all of you guys who have worried for me!! :) All measurments have been very good, and the engine does seem to feel well with this conversion. I can not vouch for the power, and will have to trust the graph when I get it from Prolex. :)

Nice one mate. :)

Have you got the dyno sheet to post up?

The CEL light on might be the lack of cat on the car. (see the posts above about this issue).

he sat on the dyno sheet & its now illegible ..getting another one when next @ dyno

CEL is as you say and electronic bit is on its way

Brakes are due to wheels being out of alignment (front subframe dropped so needs resetting) in case this is not the case new discs are here @ Prolex towers

TRC light is proably due to loose connection due to installing the AFR guage @ last moment and not being road tested due to being driven away it only came on sevearl hours after he left. We are on stand by to fix problem

The CEL light on might be the lack of cat on the car. (see the posts above about this issue).

he sat on the dyno sheet & its now illegible ..getting another one when next @ dyno

Brakes are due to wheels being out of alignment (front subframe dropped so needs resetting) i

Are you sure? reads bollox to me :whistling:

Brakes are due to wheels being out of alignment (front subframe dropped so needs resetting) i

Are you sure? reads bollox to me :whistling:

didnt mention balancing required as well

why was the subframe dropped....?

even still cant see how it can put alignment out

to fit oil return line.............

Why?....Removal of the chassis for fitment reads somewhat violent is this wise? Surely fitment of any component should comply with the existing chassis. I am sorry but i fail to see the connection between the (brakes-Vibration. Alignment) and now the oil return... Someone is telling Porkies!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links