Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

Don't try and blame this on me! I have video footage of your technician driving my car like he stole it!! Are you telling me that ONE pull at a red light is going to effect my brakes. on the alignment, will you pay for it? yes or no?

if the technician is the same technician who took me for a test drive in my car, and i suspect it is ;)

all i can say is i am surprised you could video it

the way he drove my car was reckless, driving at breakneck speeds through busy urban roads, with no regard for safety to anyone

i got out the car shaking :ohmy:

it was truelly a shocking experience

the strange thing was , was that dave was in my car as well and was as shocked as i was, he assured me he would be having words with his technician

looks like communications failed ;)

certainly isnt the best way to bed brakes in :whistling:

If it's the same guy that used to work at TDi, I can tell you that he was disciplined several times for this issue. He was not allowed to drive our clients cars because he was on a ban, but this didn't stop him from driving his own cars (which I believe is criminal offence).

The problem we had was that he would completely deny the allegations of bad driving.

Just had a call from Dave, brakes will be posted asap. That's a good thing! :)

That is excellent news Nico. Please ensure that you get written instructions for the installation and bedding-in produre, to avoid being blamed.

Please let us know how you get on.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've PM'd Tony with a more detailed explanation of the possible causes of the brake judder which may cause him to reflect on what he said.

I use workshops in Manchester,Silverstone, Dorset and London.

Nico has seen the London workshop twice now so its not a figment of my imagination.

Reflect on what! Seemingly i now need to validate my base http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/trusted.htm pick one of these. wim's own unit is yet to be opened, no mystery there.

Like many people that are reading this thread i have no experience for engine development but read the thread regardless purely out of interest and since i am not captured by the topic i can also read areas others miss... to quote

"I use workshops in Manchester, Silverstone, Dorset and London"... "I USE" are the key words!.... well i use the local toilets but they don't belong to me!

I thought you was web site ? that address in watford is wim or sts ?

It says STS Stapleton's (i'm based here) Other than braille i cannot be more direct.

I've PM'd Tony with a more detailed explanation of the possible causes of the brake judder which may cause him to reflect on what he said.

Nico has seen the London workshop twice now so its not a figment of my imagination.

Reflect on what! Seemingly i now need to validate my base http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/trusted.htm pick one of these. wim's own unit is yet to be opened, no mystery there.

Like many people that are reading this thread i have no experience for engine development but read the thread regardless purely out of interest and since i am not captured by the topic i can also read areas others miss... to quote

"I use workshops in Manchester, Silverstone, Dorset and London"... "I USE" are the key words!.... well i use the local toilets but they don't belong to me!

I thought you was web site ? that address in watford is wim or sts ?

It says STS Stapleton's (i'm based here) Other than braille i cannot be more direct.

Sorry if this of "TOPIC"

Tony do you "use" STS as your base or do you own it!! like you said in your post KEY word "USE"

Quote: Marcus:- Tony do you "use" STS as your base or do you own it!! like you said in your post KEY word "USE"

Interesting manipulation of terminology.... STS is where i work, i can be found, phoned, even prodded if needs be so i actually have a real documented exterior to work within. Also since i do the work for STS then they actually "USE" me within the said walls. So no i don't own STS but at least my customers know where i am based < That was another "KEY" word!

Blimey I thought I was bad for taking a thread off topic, not getting involved but guys take a chill pill!!

Anyway Nico, glad you've got your car back, hope you're happy with it, can you stick some of the video footage up as it would be great to see and hear what your car is now like, it sounds like it's a bit quicker than it was!

I always remember when I first picked up my car after having the supercharger fitted. I met Chris and Mick and the drive home was awesome, I couldn't stop grinning! If you were the same your face must be hurting a bit from all that smiling :D

Quote: Marcus:- Tony do you "use" STS as your base or do you own it!! like you said in your post KEY word "USE"

Interesting manipulation of terminology.... STS is where i work, i can be found, phoned, even prodded if needs be so i actually have a real documented exterior to work within. Also since i do the work for STS then they actually "USE" me within the said walls. So no i don't own STS but at least my customers know where i am based < That was another "KEY" word!

In Red Thats not what i asked...........^^^

YES or NO would have been ok :winky:

Tony so you use STS as they use you as well, But dont you Work for STS ? or do they Work for you!! :whistling:

Tony so you use STS as they use you as well, But dont you Work for STS ? or do they Work for you!! :whistling:

marcus please keep on topic

if you have a question for tony please start a new thread, or simply pm him

Bazza dont point at me for going of Topic.............as tony was the one asking the Q about Prolex base why i dont know , you could ask him the same Q.............why did he not start a new thread about.........as where Prolex,s base is has f :tsktsk: k all to do with this thread...........if he wanted to know that bad why did he not PM Dave ;)

END OFF will not post no more

Bazza dont point at me for going of Topic.............as tony was the one asking the Q about Prolex base why i dont know , you could ask him the same Q.............why did he not start a new thread about.........as where Prolex,s base is has f :tsktsk: k all to do with this thread...........if he wanted to know that bad why did he not PM Dave ;)

marcus i did say please :D

i believe this thread is about Nico`s car and its transformation through prolex

as i have said previously, tony asking prolex where there base is a relevant "on topic question"

the ins and outs of who works for who at sts or wim isnt

for the sake and fairness of both nico and prolex i think it is imperative to keep "on topic", so that relevant questions/accusations can be answered

I always remember when I first picked up my car after having the supercharger fitted. I met Chris and Mick and the drive home was awesome, I couldn't stop grinning! If you were the same your face must be hurting a bit from all that smiling :D

I remember i was exactly the same mate!! :blush:

Gord actually said that i would enjoy the drive home. I kept smiling for the entire week.

yeah, sure! The car was fun to drive, however the performance was, imo, overshadowed by some flaus that I have pointed out allready. It is hard to be completely objective when minor thing are bugging you. Understand? I am not saying that the car is no good, I am saying that the overall waiting time, the asked amount of money, the noisy exhaust, the dodgy brakes (now being blamed on me) + some other things that I don't have to mention until Dave has been given the chance to sort them out are overshadowing my total judgment. I am not ready to give a review of the car yet, as it will be spoiled by these things. Remember that Dave has solved these problems as best he can, the sircumstances have been against him, in his defence.

To show respect for NicoLoco i will also 'butt out' of this descending thread....(probably) But in departure i add this? Like it or not observations/ comments relating to the installer does not necessarily need to be complimentary however unpalatable. Obvious concerns are visible from the recipient (nothing to do with me) Freedom to comment is why we are all here. I think most reading this thread feel concern for NicoLoco myself included.... wim wishes you all the best!

Note to prolex: No more pm's please i'm not interested!

marcus i did say please :D

OK then as you did say Please :blush: :D

Now who was it that said, you need bigger injectors, with you supercharger :question: thats right a salesman :o

Hello Gord. You have misquoted, but I assume you are digging at me again. This subject has been done to death already, but I'll explain again:

Using a fuel return line and elevated fuel pressures are aged methodologies which have the unfortunate side effects of maxed out injectors and fuel pump. This method is normally a last resort in the absence of a better solution. It is indisputable that larger injectors and a calibratable ecu is a better solution than a fuel return line and fuel pressure regulator etc, because the injector duty cycle and fuel pump are working within their design specifications and parameters.

This is off topic (sorry Nico :blush: ), so it is best to leave this issue to Engineers and customers to decide on their preference.

Mark - Not sure if it makes any difference but Nico also has a uprated fuel pump as well as the other bits & bobs you mention. On the early power runs the injectors maxed out (as expected at 250 + bhp) but the techy did something with fuel pressure & lowered boost a tad so now not at full load (close though)

Nico may want to upgrade his injectors later.

He called me en route saying how much he is enjoying the car in its new guise. I'll let him report in detail on that tho

No, it doesn't really matter Dave - the principle is the same.

What dyno was used? We couldn't get anwhere near a genuine 250hp using these methodologies and standard injectors.

Glad to hear that Nico is pleased - he seems like a lovely guy and worthy of the very best service.

Hi Mark, that very intresting statment you make about, not getting anwhere near a geniune 250hp using these methodologies and standard injectors :o

When you did the turbo for Mr skippy (the blue one, dazza w now has) did it or did it not, have 260hp when it came out of TDI :question:(im sure someone has the printout that came with the car) and Mr skippy has printouts of 250hp, 284hp and 292hp using standard injectors.

now in sure that Nico's car will have 250hp as the principle is the same :D YES :question:

Now who was it that said, you need bigger injectors, with you supercharger :question: thats right a salesman :o

Hello Gord. You have misquoted, but I assume you are digging at me again. This subject has been done to death already, but I'll explain again:

Using a fuel return line and elevated fuel pressures are aged methodologies which have the unfortunate side effects of maxed out injectors and fuel pump. This method is normally a last resort in the absence of a better solution. It is indisputable that larger injectors and a calibratable ecu is a better solution than a fuel return line and fuel pressure regulator etc, because the injector duty cycle and fuel pump are working within their design specifications and parameters.

This is off topic (sorry Nico :blush: ), so it is best to leave this issue to Engineers and customers to decide on their preference.

Mark - Not sure if it makes any difference but Nico also has a uprated fuel pump as well as the other bits & bobs you mention. On the early power runs the injectors maxed out (as expected at 250 + bhp) but the techy did something with fuel pressure & lowered boost a tad so now not at full load (close though)

He called me en route saying how much he is enjoying the car in its new guise. I'll let him report in detail on that tho

What dyno was used? We couldn't get anwhere near a genuine 250hp using these methodologies and standard injectors.

Glad to hear that Nico is pleased - he seems like a lovely guy and worthy of the very best service.

Hi Mark, that very intresting statment you make about, not getting anwhere near a geniune 250hp using these methodologies and standard injectors :o

When you did the turbo for Mr skippy (the blue one, dazza w now has) did it or did it not, have 260hp when it came out of TDI :question:(im sure someone has the printout that came with the car) and Mr skippy has printouts of 250hp, 284hp and 292hp using standard injectors.

now in sure that Nico's car will have 250hp as the principle is the same :D YES :question:

Hello Gord,

Simons car showed around 250hp using a "sweep test" methodology on our old dyno which has subsequetly been demostrably proven to be a tad over optimistic (but not as optimistic as many other dyno's which are deliberately "tweaked" to read high).

Sweep tests always read high which is why they are not used as an industry standard.

Our old dyno has now been fully updated and installed with the latest data aquisition hardware and software, and is currently in operation at TDi North.

Thank you for your interest.

As you seem to be pre-occupied with this injector issue, and use accusatory phrases based around "selling parts that are not required", if you take Nico's car for example (which had an FCON installed), would it not have been in Nico's best interests to have been recommended the cheaper and more effective solution of larger injectors rather than the relatively more complex and costly fuel line, FPR and pump upgrade? Is this a case of selling upgrades that are not needed or I have I misunderstood the situation?

Sorry for the "off topic" Nico, but Gord did invoke my name and ask me a question :blush:

he has printouts does he ??????

print facts not fiction

just for moderating sake has gord put anything to this thread to

help nico or dave (prolex) if not lets wipe the rubbish and get back on topic

so nico can get is car sorted

nico have you actually seen a dyno sheet ??

print facts not fiction

Dazza, please look at posts from Mr skippy, from when YOU post on the topic yourself (buy and sell section)

when he was selling the car. NOT FICTION

And i think you mean HIDE THE FACTS, not wipe the rubbish.

When you did the turbo for Mr skippy (the blue one, dazza w now has) did it or did it not, have 260hp when it came out of TDI :question: (im sure someone has the printout that came with the car) and Mr skippy has printouts of 250hp, 284hp and 292hp using standard injectors.

print facts not fiction

Dazza, please look at posts from Mr skippy, from when YOU post on the topic yourself (buy and sell section)

Gord what the hell has dazas car got to do with Nicos car....nothing.

all your trying to do is take the track of this post onto something thats been done by another company...dazas car has nothing in the slightest to do with this topic

yes gord he was selling but were are the printouts you said there were printouts with the car you do not know the history of my car so dont go there

you are saying things you dont know does the thread say were it was dynoed no but you know dont you

think not

sorry nico

thanks mat delete my threads

When you did the turbo for Mr skippy (the blue one, dazza w now has) did it or did it not, have 260hp when it came out of TDI :question: (im sure someone has the printout that came with the car) and Mr skippy has printouts of 250hp, 284hp and 292hp using standard injectors.

print facts not fiction

Gord what the hell has dazas car got to do with Nicos car....nothing.

all your trying to do is take the track of this post onto something thats been done by another company...dazas car has nothing in the slightest to do with this topic

Matt, Mark said that he could not get near the 250bhp, ason Nico's car, just pointing out Mark did a car with the same bhp, Mr skippy's car that Dazza now has.

I shouldn't see why anybody would have a problem with people knowing the dyno company they use :huh:

Sorry to hear about your probs Nico :crybaby:

What aspects of the car are unsafe? Tracking, alignment, braking??

What I mean by safe is that I just hope the pistons won't come shooting out of the block in 2 days. As mentioned I have had problems with the brakes, however Dave IS sorting that out as we speak.

looking forward to seeing this ...as i bet you are ... how long has it been going on ??

you asked for comments or recommendations

if and when you get your car back i would suggest checking the following :

check if tissue paper has been stuffed in the intercooler, might need a bit of dismantling, as its usually well hidden

check that any inlet pipework has been fitted correctly and not bent over, restricting airflow and causing damage to your turbo

check that any dyno sheets cover your whole rev range and not just the bit where it looks ok

check that the dyno was carried out at a reputable garage, should have this written across the top of the dyno sheet, unless of course its been cut off !! ,

check any guages, milometer etc for any tell tale signs of abuse or unecessary use

check the bodywork for any damage, this may be attempted to be hidden from you, but in the case of brick sized dents or cracked windscreens it may be obvious !, but it still wont be brought to your attention

check with a fine toothcomb the disclaimer form you signed, it may be very hard to read, in fact it may be near impossible to read as sometimes it is invisible, in the case that it is invisible, refer to another tuners disclaimer, (as a suggestion maybe TDI`s disclaimer),

once you have checked the disclaimer, forget anything about claiming or even getting an addmitance of any wrong doing or even the simplest apology, YOU WILL NOT GET IT !

what you will get is threats of solicitors and court action if you mention or even hint at anything where someone may read it

oh and one more thing, ask for a bonafide receipt, stating VAT and registration numbers, some dubvious companys insist on a cash payment so that they save the hassle of having to pay VAT and tax, which is a bit naughty and quite illegal !!

well i wish you all the best of luck, hopefully your experience will be better than mine

:)

Barrie,

I've checked all my invoices and cant find one for any work done on your car as you allude to in this post.

I do have several invoices for parts supplied to your business over the last few years.

Thats because,as you well know, there was no work done on your car by Prolex-UK.

I put you in contact with one of the Prolex techies as a favour and in recognition of your role as an EX director of Prolex-UK.

I settled the bill with aforesaid techie as part of your financial settlement to buy you out of Prolex.

I accept there was a problem with the first part of work done but would point out that when notified of this problem the techie made arrangements to put matters right and did so.

Some time later you made several allegations about a variety of faults to me (after visiting that bastion of good practice TDi-PLC) . Again in recoginsance of my past relationship with you I acted as intermediary to see what could be done. Despite several requests you never came up with any evidence (dyno print outs etc) to back up your claims re faulty mapping.

This failure to provide any credible evidence was the reason the techie repied in the negative to your money back request.

I'd also point out that someone requesting cash payments does'nt automatically deserve the tag of illegal. I'd say the practice of asking for personal items to be classed as business items on a VAT receipt is more "illegal"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links