Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what just happened to my thread?

Dave: Why are you answering OT-questions and not replying to what I have been discgussing with people.

Nico - I've been meaning to answer this particular post for a while but been a tad busy.

As I've told you several times over the past few days if you have any questions/queries then you can phone me/text me/PM me or email me and I will deal with them as soon as I can.

looking forward to seeing this ...as i bet you are ... how long has it been going on ??

you asked for comments or recommendations

if and when you get your car back i would suggest checking the following :

check if tissue paper has been stuffed in the intercooler, might need a bit of dismantling, as its usually well hidden

check that any inlet pipework has been fitted correctly and not bent over, restricting airflow and causing damage to your turbo

check that any dyno sheets cover your whole rev range and not just the bit where it looks ok

check that the dyno was carried out at a reputable garage, should have this written across the top of the dyno sheet, unless of course its been cut off !! ,

check any guages, milometer etc for any tell tale signs of abuse or unecessary use

check the bodywork for any damage, this may be attempted to be hidden from you, but in the case of brick sized dents or cracked windscreens it may be obvious !, but it still wont be brought to your attention

check with a fine toothcomb the disclaimer form you signed, it may be very hard to read, in fact it may be near impossible to read as sometimes it is invisible, in the case that it is invisible, refer to another tuners disclaimer, (as a suggestion maybe TDI`s disclaimer),

once you have checked the disclaimer, forget anything about claiming or even getting an addmitance of any wrong doing or even the simplest apology, YOU WILL NOT GET IT !

what you will get is threats of solicitors and court action if you mention or even hint at anything where someone may read it

oh and one more thing, ask for a bonafide receipt, stating VAT and registration numbers, some dubvious companys insist on a cash payment so that they save the hassle of having to pay VAT and tax, which is a bit naughty and quite illegal !!

well i wish you all the best of luck, hopefully your experience will be better than mine

:)

Barrie,

I've checked all my invoices and cant find one for any work done on your car as you allude to in this post.

now that might be because i paid cash for the items ! which in your words was to save the hassle of paying VAT (and yes i have the email still)

I do have several invoices for parts supplied to your business over the last few years.

very good Dave i am glad you keep your books in order, that i believe is a brownie point in your favour,

Thats because,as you well know, there was no work done on your car by Prolex-UK.

the only time you have denied this fact was at the point where i complained, the fact that i was a director of prolex at all times when work was carried out allows me to state that work catagorically was carried out by prolex, this is a fact that will also be born out by the other two directors of prolex, who incidently along with me didnt actually stop being directors till july this year

I put you in contact with one of the Prolex techies as a favour and in recognition of your role as an EX director of Prolex-UK.

as mentioned above there was no ex director role, the so mentioned "prolex techie" was also known to me from previous employment at TDI

I settled the bill with aforesaid techie as part of your financial settlement to buy you out of Prolex.

that is correct, the settlement that took over 7 months to get !, and may i remind you i am still waiting for the reciept for these works as requested

I accept there was a problem with the first part of work done but would point out that when notified of this problem the techie made arrangements to put matters right and did so.

the car was incorrectly mapped due to bad workmanship in refitting the inlet pipework, and then blamed on a faulty turbo, when I discovered the problem, it was agreed to have the car remapped, now im not sure about you, but i feel and i would presume the majority of people would expect the car to be remapped, for free, as a course of duty

however no apologies were made, no excuses for the tissue stuffed in the intercooler were ever made,

(any body remember the thread of dave accusing TDI of stuffing tissue in his engine !!, well this tissue was the same colour :o )

and to add insult to injury the car was brought back with a sizeable dent to the bonnet and a multi cracked windscreen, and hasten to add was attempted to be hidden from me

work i then had to have carried out at my cost

would you like to repeat what your answer to this was (also on email) you must remember, it was when you said to refer to TDI`s disclaimer ?

Some time later you made several allegations about a variety of faults to me (after visiting that bastion of good practice TDi-PLC) . Again in recoginsance of my past relationship with you I acted as intermediary to see what could be done. Despite several requests you never came up with any evidence (dyno print outs etc) to back up your claims re faulty mapping.

would that be the same bastion of good practice TDI-PLC that you very happily used, ? using right up until the point you formed prolex, never heard you say a bad word against them until that point,

i did make several accusations which i have not mentioned, because there is still more investigations to take place, the proof that the dyno sheet provided by you showed inaccuracies was obviously not enough

it got to the point where talking to you or your "techie" was a waste of time, you found the slightest excuse to forget the catalogue of disasters, the reason i went to TDI was because i had lost any trust in prolex and its "techies", due to further problems i took it somewhere i could trust

This failure to provide any credible evidence was the reason the techie repied in the negative to your money back request.

the failure of you and your "techie" to provide any kind of customer care, and taking weeks to reply to anything was the reason i gave up trying to talk any sense to you or your "techie"

I'd also point out that someone requesting cash payments does'nt automatically deserve the tag of illegal. I'd say the practice of asking for personal items to be classed as business items on a VAT receipt is more "illegal"

someone asking for cash to save the hassle of paying vat and tax (your words, yes i have the email) is highly illegal and fraudulent

and yes the practice of asking or claiming personal items as business items is also highly illegal

the fact is, you know absolutely nothing about my business, a sole trader if you are interested :) (look it up if you need to)

the fact that all my cars are company cars, and therefore all perfectly legal to be entered through my books, so obviously along with the mechanics of cars and customer care there is something else you dont have a clue about

Nico

i prefusely apologise for taking your thread off topic, (sorry to marcus as well)

but i did not want to not publicly answer Daves reply

my original comments made no reflection to prolex, but were there as a warning to others, however Dave has insisted on naming himself, i feel sad that it was too late for Nico, as he seems a good guy,

i feel as a once good friend of dave and a director of prolex, that if the treatment and work i received was in anyway comparable of what a stranger would recieve, i feel embarrassed for them

i was actually hoping to hear from a satisfied customer, ;)

Well when all said and done and having read many posts/topics about companies who have or havent made mistakes, claims, accusations etc etc. We are all humans......people can make mistakes!

Its a sad tale that Nico is not 100% satisfied with the work carried out and I hope he gets a satisfactory result, but slinging insults at one another is not going to help anything or anyone.

As Dave says, Prolex all the way, baby!

Haha :lol: ....is this still true Nico?

Can i ask how much did the work cost as i am thinking of going the turbo route?

I will answer a complete judgment of the whole product, including prices etc as soon as the errors are corrected and I have been sent a dynosheet, manuals and invoice.

looking forward to seeing this ...as i bet you are ... how long has it been going on ??

check if tissue paper has been stuffed in the intercooler, might need a bit of dismantling, as its usually well hidden

check that any inlet pipework has been fitted correctly and not bent over, restricting airflow and causing damage to your turbo

check that any dyno sheets cover your whole rev range and not just the bit where it looks ok

check that the dyno was carried out at a reputable garage, should have this written across the top of the dyno sheet, unless of course its been cut off !! ,

check any guages, milometer etc for any tell tale signs of abuse or unecessary use

check the bodywork for any damage, this may be attempted to be hidden from you, but in the case of brick sized dents or cracked windscreens it may be obvious !, but it still wont be brought to your attention

check with a fine toothcomb the disclaimer form you signed, it may be very hard to read, in fact it may be near impossible to read as sometimes it is invisible, in the case that it is invisible, refer to another tuners disclaimer, (as a suggestion maybe TDI`s disclaimer),

once you have checked the disclaimer, forget anything about claiming or even getting an addmitance of any wrong doing or even the simplest apology, YOU WILL NOT GET IT !

what you will get is threats of solicitors and court action if you mention or even hint at anything where someone may read it

oh and one more thing, ask for a bonafide receipt, stating VAT and registration numbers, some dubvious companys insist on a cash payment so that they save the hassle of having to pay VAT and tax, which is a bit naughty and quite illegal !!

well i wish you all the best of luck, hopefully your experience will be better than mine

Barrie,

I've checked all my invoices and cant find one for any work done on your car as you allude to in this post.

now that might be because i paid cash for the items ! which in your words was to save the hassle of paying VAT (and yes i have the email still)

I do have several invoices for parts supplied to your business over the last few years.

very good Dave i am glad you keep your books in order, that i believe is a brownie point in your favour,

Thats because,as you well know, there was no work done on your car by Prolex-UK.

the only time you have denied this fact was at the point where i complained, the fact that i was a director of prolex at all times when work was carried out allows me to state that work catagorically was carried out by prolex, this is a fact that will also be born out by the other two directors of prolex, who incidently along with me didnt actually stop being directors till july this year

I put you in contact with one of the Prolex techies as a favour and in recognition of your role as an EX director of Prolex-UK.

as mentioned above there was no ex director role, the so mentioned "prolex techie" was also known to me from previous employment at TDI

I settled the bill with aforesaid techie as part of your financial settlement to buy you out of Prolex.

that is correct, the settlement that took over 7 months to get !, and may i remind you i am still waiting for the reciept for these works as requested

I accept there was a problem with the first part of work done but would point out that when notified of this problem the techie made arrangements to put matters right and did so.

the car was incorrectly mapped due to bad workmanship in refitting the inlet pipework, and then blamed on a faulty turbo, when I discovered the problem, it was agreed to have the car remapped, now im not sure about you, but i feel and i would presume the majority of people would expect the car to be remapped, for free, as a course of duty

however no apologies were made, no excuses for the tissue stuffed in the intercooler were ever made,

(any body remember the thread of dave accusing TDI of stuffing tissue in his engine !!, well this tissue was the same colour :o )

and to add insult to injury the car was brought back with a sizeable dent to the bonnet and a multi cracked windscreen, and hasten to add was attempted to be hidden from me

would you like to repeat what your answer to this was (also on email) you must remember, it was when you said to refer to TDI`s disclaimer ?

Some time later you made several allegations about a variety of faults to me (after visiting that bastion of good practice TDi-PLC) . Again in recoginsance of my past relationship with you I acted as intermediary to see what could be done. Despite several requests you never came up with any evidence (dyno print outs etc) to back up your claims re faulty mapping.

would that be the same bastion of good practice TDI-PLC that you very happily used, ? using right up until the point you formed prolex, never heard you say a bad word against them until that point,

i did make several accusations which i have not mentioned, because there is still more investigations to take place, the proof that the dyno sheet provided by you showed inaccuracies was obviously not enough

it got to the point where talking to you or your "techie" was a waste of time, you found the slightest excuse to forget the catalogue of disasters, the reason i went to TDI was because i had lost any trust in prolex and its "techies", due to further problems i took it somewhere i could trust

This failure to provide any credible evidence was the reason the techie repied in the negative to your money back request.

the failure of you and your "techie" to provide any kind of customer care, and taking weeks to reply to anything was the reason i gave up trying to talk any sense to you or your "techie"

I'd also point out that someone requesting cash payments does'nt automatically deserve the tag of illegal. I'd say the practice of asking for personal items to be classed as business items on a VAT receipt is more "illegal"

someone asking for cash to save the hassle of paying vat and tax (your words, yes i have the email) is highly illegal and fraudulent

and yes the practice of asking or claiming personal items as business items is also highly illegal

the fact is, you know absolutely nothing about my business, a sole trader if you are interested :) (look it up if you need to)

the fact that all my cars are company cars, and therefore all perfectly legal to be entered through my books, so obviously along with the mechanics of cars and customer care there is something else you dont have a clue about

Nico

i prefusely apologise for taking your thread off topic, (sorry to marcus as well)

my original comments made no reflection to prolex, but were there as a warning to others, however Dave has insisted on naming himself, i feel sad that it was too late for Nico, as he seems a good guy,

i feel as a once good friend of dave and a director of prolex, that if the treatment and work i received was in anyway comparable of what a stranger would recieve, i feel embarrassed for them

Barrie,

It was quite clear to anyone who has spent time on LOC to know who you were referring to with your original post.

You insult the intelligence of LOCers by your final comments however Dave has insisted on naming himself,.

I dont propose to justify my comments in response to your post her as it serves no real purpose.

I do know the facts involved, and VAT law in particular.

I am also content that with regard to Nico I've done all that any reasonable trader would do.

remember the phrase two sides to every story :winky:

Would you guys stop crapping on this thread, it is a major pain in the butt, it happens all the time.

Prolex v TDI, yeh we all know who sides with who. And first sign of anyone posting a good thing about the other and the oppo all come out of the woodwork.

FFS give it a rest.

But I have sent you emails and I can honestly say that I am not happy with the replies I am getting from you.

What can make you unhappy when I have agreed to put right any faults you have found ?

I'd also remind you that in recognition of the extra time taken on the project you received an uprated SFS engine hose kit,hood struts,carbon fibre rad panel,hotel accommodation,ferry fare and collection from Stanstead airport.

But I have sent you emails and I can honestly say that I am not happy with the replies I am getting from you.

What can make you unhappy when I have agreed to put right any faults you have found ?

I'd also remind you that in recognition of the extra time taken on the project you received an uprated SFS engine hose kit,hood struts,carbon fibre rad panel,hotel accommodation,ferry fare and collection from Stanstead airport.

I was not asked if I wanted SFS hoses, your "techie" said that he was going to charge me for them. I did not ask for the hood struts when I arrived, as I couldn't care less and you put them in my hand without me asking. Carbon fibre rad panel that is scratched and doesn't fit? Hotel accommodation as I was promised my car would be done by saturday, but it wasn't finished until 23:10 on Sunday after me helping your "techie"? Ferry fare as I BOOKED and payed for a ferry as I was promised that I would catch it. Collection from stansted: If it were a problem you cold have told me.

[quote name='Bazza' date='Dec 7 2006, 11:09 PM' post='400557']

Barrie,

Nico

Barrie,

It was quite clear to anyone who has spent time on LOC to know who you were referring to with your original post.

You insult the intelligence of LOCers by your final comments however Dave has insisted on naming himself,.

I dont propose to justify my comments in response to your post her as it serves no real purpose.

I do know the facts involved, and VAT law in particular.

I am also content that with regard to Nico I've done all that any reasonable trader would do.

remember the phrase two sides to every story :winky:

I believe that members of LOC have a far higher level of intelligence than you give them credit for

I believe that members of LOC also have the intelligence to make their own minds up

do you actually believe that Nico is 100% satisfied, he certainly doesnt appear to me to be

and i cant blame him, with various faults appearing so soon, and then to have you blaming him for them,

have you actually any customers who have had work carried out by prolex who are 100% satisfied ?

if so where are they,

It would be nice to see you make ammends to Nico, who obviously so far hasnt had a good experience with prolex to maybe enable him to actually be content with the work carried out, and to give yourself some credibility to what you preach, you may be content that you have done all you can, or is it in fact all you are willing to do

I have learnt my lesson, and I would desperately like to see Nico happy as I feel I have personally let him down

I will answer a complete judgment of the whole product, including prices etc as soon as the errors are corrected and I have been sent a dynosheet, manuals and invoice.

If i read this properly it says that you are waiting for the invoice - i assume that means you have not paid yet?

I most definately have!

1 exeample of me previous post:

I asked why a fuse keeps blowing

I get in reply: "fuses blow that's what they are meant to do"

What was actually said by me

"fuses blow thats what they are meant to do. The seats take a lot of power maybe the connection was loose in the switch area ?"

The seats were not removed during the conversion. The panel was removed which why the connection on the switch may have come loose.

Love this....

I said that I had not touched my grill, however I was told that the mesh loosened because I must have knocked it.

"The mesh in the grill has loosened from the grill, I have no washed the car since I got back, and therefore not even touched the front. "

I left out a T in NOT. the reply

"The grill, i'm told is held on by silicon in 13 places, When you washed the car you must have knocked the mesh."

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links