Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2

Bazza

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Bazza particularly for organising this visit to the ring. Can't wait to stick the sticker on the boot! :lol:

The atmosphere was so friendly, with no shortage of jokes about my missing bag... :o

im home !!

after an eventful journey home

within ten minutes of leaving cologne, the party was split !

someone took the wrong turn, yes me :blush:

thanks to lee for keeping us company :D

after meeting up again at the last service station in belguim, we made our way to the port

3 hours delayed !!! :crying:

and that was the early one, sanj and jason could only get on the one after :ohmy:

but it hasnt marred the weekend,

was a great weekend thanks to all those who turned up

i only suggested it, it was everyone that made it so good

so may i suggest Nurburgring 3 :D

Just got in the door, managed a rather impressive 37mpg on the way home :) without falling asleep.

Thanks to everyone for making it an enjoyable weekend, its been another memorable event. Maneesh and Raz would make a cracking double act :winky:

Seeing as I have the week off now, i'll post some pics as soon as I roll out of my pit in the afternoon :D

Next time Raj, you'll have to let me buy you a beer or 7 :)

:offtopic:

Did everyone see the M20 eastbound, what were all those lorries and police cars going the wrong way doing?

That was the beginning of Operation Stack. The police line up all the trucks either side of the M20 and "stack" them waiting for ferries when something goes wrong a the port (eg Strike or similar). I think it might have been as a result of the Chunnel smoke incident....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stack

Just got in the door, managed a rather impressive 37mpg on the way home

Can someone just confirm I'm working this out correctly. I have put in a total of 141.56 litres on the trip and covered 1138 miles.

Looking at another post, the calculation would be 1138 divide by 141.56 = 8.04 x 4.54, which works out as 36.5mpg for the whle trip :o

Surely the snow button can't make that much difference ?

That was the beginning of Operation Stack. The police line up all the trucks either side of the M20 and "stack" them waiting for ferries when something goes wrong a the port (eg Strike or similar). I think it might have been as a result of the Chunnel smoke incident....

Cheers Jason, it totally surprised me, it just stretched for miles.

Just got in the door, managed a rather impressive 37mpg on the way home

Can someone just confirm I'm working this out correctly. I have put in a total of 141.56 litres on the trip and covered 1138 miles.

Looking at another post, the calculation would be 1138 divide by 141.56 = 8.04 x 4.54, which works out as 36.5mpg for the whle trip :o

Surely the snow button can't make that much difference ?

Cheers Jason, it totally surprised me, it just stretched for miles.

Bloody hell. I only averaged around 24mpg on the whole trip, and that's with cruise control on most of the time.

so may i suggest Nurburgring 3 :D

woo hoo! I'm gonna have to find a new car for the next trip!!!

Had a fantactic weekend yet again,

Loved the ring and had a couple of good nites out

Thanks to everyone for making it such fun

@Barrie Bring on Nurburgring 3

What car can we hire next?

Yeah I saw that too

Maneesh...........sure I saw one of your thongs on the Brussels ring road on the way back :P

ROFPMSL

well..........worked out how to get video onto PC last night :blush:

Will uploead upload even 2 movies tonight :D

First starts about 3 minutes in with me,gord,steve & raj following the tartlet for a while which is cool........listen to barrie keep blowing off !! I then get the hang of things and trundle off (dodgy geezers in a mondeo are seen !)

Second is the best ......M3 was flying :D

will see if I can get em on DVD if anyone wants a copy

well..........worked out how to get video onto PC last night :blush:

Will uploead upload even 2 movies tonight :D

First starts about 3 minutes in with me,gord,steve & raj following the tartlet for a while which is cool........listen to barrie keep blowing off !! I then get the hang of things and trundle off (dodgy geezers in a mondeo are seen !)

Second is the best ......M3 was flying :D

will see if I can get em on DVD if anyone wants a copy

If you got a DVD of the second one that would be cool, is it the one where I was passenger?

nice videos, I have to say it was an honour being in the passenger seat on the second one. The vid doesn't do it justice, it looks slower for some reason.

After 2 laps in the M3 I had to have a short lay down, the adrenaline was just too much :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk