Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Differences Uk/german

hi guys!

i already had a couple of chances driving in mat's lexus and was surprised about the differences between the british and european version of the is 200 sport. i'm not talking about the steering wheel being on the WRONG :lol: side or the windschieldwipers.

...those by the way don't make CLICK :ohmy: on my car coming up to the top of the windscreen.

...i read the post about the bubbles on the dashboard: i only got the small one, which is for the remote control of the key. i don't have the big bubble, so i don't have automatic lights.

...my car does not have an alert system. no horn when you try to brake in or anything...and this annoys me a little.

...so reading through the manual of my car i had to find out that some features are only in the british model...and i don't know why this is! :question:

greetings

jens

...hi mat...hi andy!

Jens,

Your post really suprises me! I would have thought that Germany more than anywhere Lexus would be wanting to fully load the cars with gadgets to outdo the mercs / bmw's. Maybe they thought that since those guys can get away with charging sooooo much for extras that the IS would give it a go too!

Still I bet it was a fair bit cheaper for you to buy there than here! <_<

i would have thought so, too!

in germany lexus is not that widespread as it is in the uk. we only got 60 members on our side (www.euro.lexusownersclub.com). and i bet half of them only registered and were never seen again. there is not even one commercial on tv for lexus in germany.

i will give a price example: i bought my car in march last year. it's a lexus is 200 sport with the gps system and all other extras. for this model which is a 12/2000 dark blue matallic and which had about 8.500 miles on it when i bought it cost me 22.600 euros. what's that in pounds? must be something between 15 to 16.000 pounds. i think i got it for a good price over here.

Yes I think you are about right on the price conversion (about 1.6 euros to pound). Well it seems your second hand market is a little cheaper, not by much. I paid about £14,000 for my SE in June (i think), but this had 30,000 miles on the clock

do you know how much the sport is new in germany?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links