Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Front Bumper

A.J

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a noodle scratcher....i just bought a TTE bumper off eBay -from a guy who said he works for lexus Southend. (he was even wearing what looked like the technician t-shirt!)

Anyway i took it down to the local garage but they said they could'nt fit the bumper because there is no holes on it for the bolts that hold the current bumper to the under tray!!?

So i cosulted the local lexus garage and they said that holes may need to be drilled but it should go on, and so ill probably take it to them to fit now.

I thought you guys might be able to shed some light on the matter?

Here are some pics of it:

tte002fo9.jpg

Front

tte006sm9.jpg

Here is the corner bolt hole (and the headlamp washer)

Btw it says made in germany and is stamped TTE.

Yeah that't the TTE bumper, and from the looks of it, its one of the new ones with the washers in - £600 from dealers unpainted so I'm guessing you must have got a bargain :)

A.J. Looks neat mate, was it the one where only you bid on it from ebay? Think it was in Southend?

Yup, thats the one! Seemed a bit pricey but thought itd be better that it was factory painted!

Yeah that't the TTE bumper, and from the looks of it, its one of the new ones with the washers in - £600 from dealers unpainted so I'm guessing you must have got a bargain :)

Thats a relief! was worried it was a copy!!

So are you supposed to drill??... cos if not i can see the garage's point- only two bolts on to the under tray does seem like it might be a bit flimsy! :blink:

So are you supposed to drill??... cos if not i can see the garage's point- only two bolts on to the under tray does seem like it might be a bit flimsy! :blink:

I've just had a look at the TTE bumper that's sitting in my front room at the mo, and its got holes along that ridge just below the bottom grille (in your pic above, its where that washer hose disappears off to the right of the pic)

The holes on mine look like they've been drilled out afterwards (as the hole isn't that clean) so I assume they must all be like that

Could I ask a favour? Mine didn't come with any of the screws for the grilles, would you be able to tell me what kind of screws they are so I can pick them up from B&Q?

Could I ask a favour? Mine didn't come with any of the screws for the grilles, would you be able to tell me what kind of screws they are so I can pick them up from B&Q?

The screw is a 10mm thread, self tapering and the head is 10mm washer(flanged)/philips head. I recon a 10x10mm regular philps head should do. (could be wrong though! :duh: )

Can PM you a pic in the evening if u need it.

Heres a pic (first pic posted since i got it lowered too!):

finalwn4.jpg

Looks great, makes such a difference :D

Btw, what wheels are they, I've been looking for ones like that with a diamond cut surface......

Btw, what wheels are they, I've been looking for ones like that with a diamond cut surface......

Theyre called Titan Electras, but i heard they were recently discontinued!

In fact i found out because one of mine had a flat spot and so i went and contacted the importer to get one of the last few that he had kicking around to keep as a spare!

....but i would recommend the diamond cut surface, they look quite sharp at night. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links