Sign in to follow this  
alpappy

Toyota? Lexus Delay New Models

'Toyota Motor Corp. might delay the introduction of certain new models because of quality problems, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

The Japanese automaker might push back the debuts of some models by up to six months in order to deal with the quality issues, the newspaper said. Toyota officials declined to disclose which models would be delayed.'

This also applies to one of the new lexus models but toyota will not say which

We have been saying for months on this forum that the rush to bring out new models in compromising build quality now we see it for real and Toyota shareholders will feel it too!!!

alan

Well that's clearly the LS they're talking about, but from the IS its obvious that while focusing heavily on quality in certain areas, they've (hopefully unwittingly) overlooked fundamental issues (like rattles! :P ) so maybe they need to hold back a bit and make sure that great cars aren't let down by silly little things

'Toyota Motor Corp. might delay the introduction of certain new models because of quality problems, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

The Japanese automaker might push back the debuts of some models by up to six months in order to deal with the quality issues, the newspaper said. Toyota officials declined to disclose which models would be delayed.'

We have been saying for months on this forum that the rush to bring out new models in compromising build quality now we see it for real and Toyota shareholders will feel it too!!!

alan

They can't win with some people - either they get a slating for delaying models, or they get a slating for rushing them out!!

Since I'm not in the market for a brand new car anyway, I'd rather they waited until they'd got it right before releasing it!

Mike

alan

They can't win with some people - either they get a slating for delaying models, or they get a slating for rushing them out!!

Since I'm not in the market for a brand new car anyway, I'd rather they waited until they'd got it right before releasing it!

Mike

thats the correct attitude...rushing out models is not a lexus/toyota problem...With such a competitive market place all do the same You only have to read the Merc forums to confirm this. But in the past Toyota just seemed that bit better with less mass recalls than other brands. BUt they are fast learners and I am sure they will turn this around

alan

im glad their not rushing stuff out... it only goes to hurt the brand if a supposidly luxyry car has to go back to the dealership to have a rattle fixed.

all i can say is good on them for delaying and getting it right.

In my line of work, every project has to be delivered by an "end date". It's no different in the motor industry...no one seems to understand that you can't have a cake and eat it...