Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Oh Nooooo My Dash Wont Light Up

put my dodgy blue LED kit in other day been workin sweet for 2 days go to car tonight and no dash back lights light up or none on the centre console

all the warning lights n stuff work just not the 5 leds i replaced / none of the aircon lamps work

has the leds done somin weird n blown a fuse ??

is so wot fuse is for the dash n console and were is the fuse box thx :)

yeah :(

how can a led break tho they r simplest things on earth

the LED kit on ebay is *****.......

Unfortunately mate.. the kit on eBay is really terrible... Do a search on it and you'll find LOADS of threads about the eBay interior light kit.. and how to stay away from it..

At the end of the day mate, you've not lost a great deal of money and you live and learn... Sorry :blush:

Bugger mate I have fitted my dodgey LED'S today didnt even get them to work.

Put all the old ones back in and still doesnt work so must be the fuse, but I dont have a diagram to tell me what fuse is what. :tsktsk:

somins fuked put another fuse in n it blew stright away so tomorrow gonna take all the leds out n just put the normal lamps back in (might just put some blue palstic around them lol)

the fuse is drivers side right next to the acc pedal its the one labled "panel" think top far left fuse 7.5amp like dude above said

ah well live n learn lol

I put a 10 amp fuse in and it blew that straight away, so put a 15 amp in ( twice what it should be I know ). but didnt blow, how ever smoke started coming out of the dash instead (bollocks) :tsktsk: on inspection the LED had got so hot it had melted the lamp holder :tsktsk: :tsktsk: . So the best advise I can give ( i think it has been said before) is stay well away from the LED kits on eBay and tell everybody you know, or there could be more serious consequences than just a few quid going up in smoke.

I put a 10 amp fuse in and it blew that straight away, so put a 15 amp in ( twice what it should be I know ). but didnt blow, how ever smoke started coming out of the dash instead (bollocks) :tsktsk: on inspection the LED had got so hot it had melted the lamp holder :tsktsk: :tsktsk: . So the best advise I can give ( i think it has been said before) is stay well away from the LED kits on ebay and tell everybody you know, or there could be more serious consequences than just a few quid going up in smoke.

:o :blink: They put a 7.5 amp fuse in for a reason.

Definatly stay away from them, Fargo did a comparison test a few months back, the quality of the eBay ones was pants. There is a group buy HERE

somin properly fuked in my dash

i took out all the leds n now the fuse wont blow n the console lights actually work but now the dash lights have no power ???

is this 7.5 the only fuse ? or is there another fuse for the dash lights ?

as they aint got no power now ?? cnt figure out wots goin wrong

tht kit lasted 2 days n has done some proper **** damage not happy

somin properly fuked in my dash

i took out all the leds n now the fuse wont blow n the console lights actually work but now the dash lights have no power ???

is this 7.5 the only fuse ? or is there another fuse for the dash lights ?

as they aint got no power now ?? cnt figure out wots goin wrong

tht kit lasted 2 days n has done some proper **** damage not happy

Check this thread here shows fuse layout

yeah tht panel 1 was blow but tht just says ac + radio

is der another fuse for the actual dash rear lights it self ?

if so wich one as i cant see it

i thought this panal 1 was the dash 2 ?

It might be worth putting back in the factory bulbs to make sure its fixed properly, the put back in the blue LEDs one at a time. with my kit only one of the bulbs causes the fuse to blow. try mess with the metal pins onn the bulbs a bit and bend them out.

kk

wot i dont get is the ac lamps r working again and the fuse aint blowing

but i put a voltmeter on the dash speedo lamps n no voltage der ??

i kinda left the orignal lamps in gfs car get em bk tonight so ill stick em bk in n try if tht dont work im thinkin proper uttooo

n have the new lexus torch taped to ur dash mod LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links