Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been looking into an Ipod adapter for the MkIV LS400 and found this in Dension's compatibility database:

http://www.dension.com/oem2.php?car_id=743

I e-mailed Dension Technical Support for confirmation:

Your compatibility database list the Ice>Link Plus product as compatible with the Lexus LS400. The product code is ILPRTO1CR1. However, I can't find any further information on the website.

Can you confirm that it will work with a 1999 Lexus LS400 with the Satellite Navigation system installed?

Many thanks,

KEITH

This is the reply I received:

Dear Keith,

Lexus uses Toyota interfaces, so i think it is compatible with it, unfortunatly we never tested it in our lab, but it seems, it uses the same changer as toyota models, so it is may compatible ( your navi unit..)

if you have got any further questions, please contact us again..

Best regards:

Dension Technical Support Europe

Anyone know if this is true?

KEITH

will the FM transmitter effect other people while driving?

from a little knowledge, there is a small module connects to ipod and send it through radio wave?

i have heard something about its illegale of using it?

I think there was a recent change in the law that allows the use of these low power transmitters.

They only go out about a couple of meters but get a quality one, the one I got off eBay was a bit naff!

Hi a simple connection for your Ipod, get a tape cassette that will go into car tape slot. i find it works very well

regards Syd

got mine from the Pound shop

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=...3&criteria=

Gota smile at Syd! :D

You are right, the simplest way is the cassete thingy, I paid 150% more than you for mine though!... 2.50 isn't bad though really.

I bought the FM thans, two different ones infact (both from flea bay) both were BAD sound quality. Anyone bought one that works well? If so please tell us the make / model to look out for :D

The FM and Tape adapters don't sound too good to my ears.

The first generation NAVI systems have a problem which prevents all these Toyota / Lexus ipod adapters designed for post 2000 vehicles from working.

see here for a potential solution.

Daniel.

Thanks for that. I had one thought as a crude solution. Is there any reason why you can't tap into the left and right signal leads coming from the autochanger to provide an AUX in? Even if you had to have a silent cd playing for it to work it would provide a fairly simple solution.

KEITH

Thanks for that. I had one thought as a crude solution. Is there any reason why you can't tap into the left and right signal leads coming from the autochanger to provide an AUX in? Even if you had to have a silent cd playing for it to work it would provide a fairly simple solution.

KEITH

Yes, perfectly possible, this is the setup i have currently in my GS.

If you empty the cd changer cartridge of discs it will let you select the changer "no disc" but will stay silent.

Note that with this setup you have to disconnect the ipod to listen to the radio, as with the Lexus system all the audio paths are connected together.

I have had this setup for a couple of years, it only works if you have something like an ipod which is "disconnectable". I'm having a 3 screen video system put in my car tommorow which is why i'm now going to develop a full solution with ipod control through the touchscreen and an extra input for the video system.

Daniel.

KEITH

Yes, perfectly possible, this is the setup i have currently in my GS.

If you empty the cd changer cartridge of discs it will let you select the changer "no disc" but will stay silent.

Note that with this setup you have to disconnect the ipod to listen to the radio, as with the Lexus system all the audio paths are connected together.

I have had this setup for a couple of years, it only works if you have something like an ipod which is "disconnectable". I'm having a 3 screen video system put in my car tommorow which is why i'm now going to develop a full solution with ipod control through the touchscreen and an extra input for the video system.

Daniel.

Hey Daniel,

can you elaborate on the 'disconnectable' thing, I'm also looking for a better quality sound than the tape thingy but I use a pda phone as my mp3 player, is pulling the 2.55 jack out disconnecting?

Hey Daniel,

can you elaborate on the 'disconnectable' thing, I'm also looking for a better quality sound than the tape thingy but I use a pda phone as my mp3 player, is pulling the 2.55 jack out disconnecting?

Short answer is yes, thats what i have (3.5mm headphone plug). However you will be connecting the (left -) and (right -) together permanantly to the earth of the plug which will degrade the sound quality slightly on the radio / tape. Its not really noticable however.

Great, thanks.

have you (or anybody) tried the blank CD thing so you can have 5 normal ones in there... I regularly forget mt PDA and leave it docked to my computer at work! so would have to listen to the radio :(

I'm sure that would work ok, or you could get a spare cartridge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links