Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question Bout My Tints.....

Mitch

so ppl i got my car booked into tint-r in nottingham on 10th feb. gonna have 35%tint all round

speakin to a guy at the gym last nite that had his suzuki vitara done at tint-r (tint-r sticker in front window was dead giveaway) asked him wot he thought of them and he said they are very good..

he reckons i should go bout 40% all round or go darker on the rears and 35%on front 2 windows. not sure though............ :blink:

what shade have you guys done your cars in.???

what you think i should go for??

I'm waiting to book my car in at Tint-R. The guy's on holiday at the moment until next week. I'm going for 35% all-round as I think it looks nicer. Makes it look more standard and less 'cheap, boy-racer'. But that's my personal opinion. :)

When cruising in Notts a few weeks back with the gang, we did see a couple of cars with almost blacked out windows, didn't look as nice...tooooo dark :blink:

Mitch

you have the same car as me mate - blue SE.

You want the 35% all round - all the windows the same.

I believe this is slightly illegal on the front, by a couple of degrees, but not enough to worry about.

Really happy with mine - looks good.

course mine prolly looks better ( :P ), as it has the dark interior, whilst yours is cream.

So at night / in underground car parks etc - you cannot see a thing inside the car. Exactly the reason I had them done!

;)

Well I wanted something as subtle as I could - but still wanted it to look cool B)

I went for 50% on the sides and 35% on the rear screen. Having the 35% on the rear also tends to make the rear door windows "appear" slightly darker.

I was bothered when I instructed them as I thought it wouldn't be dark enough but was VERY please with the new look. Exactly what I wanted. :) :) (I do have a black interior though).

Rick.

course mine prolly looks better ( :P ), as it has the dark interior, whilst yours is cream.

So at night / in underground car parks etc - you cannot see a thing inside the car. Exactly the reason I had them done!

;)

cream interior is bettter mat,

my car is better than yours............................ na na na na :backofnet:

i thought bout gettin it darker coz i got light interior but 35%sounds ok i guess

yup first they take there shoes off and put them in the plastic bag provided

then they dust off any excess dirt and sit down.............

no MAT i got clear plastic mats so u can still see the mats but without gettin the mats dirty. so no need to worry bout them takin there shoes off and gettin the mats filthy

hhahahahaha

Hey, I tried 2 book my car in for the same week (14th of feb) but the guy is still on hol till next monday!! I been advised 2 get 35% all round :) I fink it would look more even then darker bak and ligher front.

My bro was sayin he sayw a silver vw with silver tints and it looks fab!! any1 got coloured tints? is it possible (legal)?

Don't think about bringing the car to Birmingham Playa,

Cause after the shootings in Aston they are stopping all cars with tints. They test them with a meter and if they are two dark they take the car off you!!!!!! or peel off the film stuck to the glass.

All over the local TV news programs, showing then stopping cars and peeling!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: .

cheers for the info lexussport, im always in brum got a lot of friends up there and go out on saturdays down there.

better stay away from coppers then. they aint touchin my car.

so u from worcester then? i was in pershaw on saturday and sunday, know a few ppl from worcester 2.

i seen a guy with silver fading into black tints on his red astra looks real good. next door neighbour used to have blue tints on his 306 that looked good 2, dnt know if its legal though IS chigz

Don't think about bringing the car to Birmingham Playa,

Cause after the shootings in Aston they are stopping all cars with tints. They test them with a meter and if they are two dark they take the car off you!!!!!! or peel off the film stuck to the glass.

All over the local TV news programs, showing then stopping cars and peeling!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: .

:ohmy:

Shocking......... I certainly hope the police don't start checking in other areas of the Midlands....... :unsure::sad::crybaby:

I heard a lot about this tinting company in Nottingham that I might get my car done there as well...even though I live in london..well suppose it's not too far!!!! :P

Question...does anyone know if they also do safety films? If so how much do you think they'll cost. (Obviously I can phone them in Nottingham but they are on holiday)

Second question...I do want to have this done bcoz I'm thinking of adding extra ICE in the car..would would like to hear comments about safety films.... :shifty:

I'm not sure if they blackout stuff but was told the safety film is hard to smash or break windows.

There are safety reasons behind placing safety films on side windows but if it helps to make it hard to break windows for the common theifs then I'm up for it!!!

I'm not sure if they blackout stuff but was told the safety film is hard to smash or break windows.

There are safety reasons behind placing safety films on side windows but if it helps to make it hard to break windows for the common theifs then I'm up for it!!!

I think you are refering to anti vandal glass Mr Lex, this stuff will prevent a window being smahed in. It will hold the pieces together so preventing the glass from being pushed in.

This can usually be fitted by ICE companies, I know Car Electronics in Leicester fit it.

I think you are refering to anti vandal glass Mr Lex, this stuff will prevent a window being smahed in. It will hold the pieces together so preventing the glass from being pushed in.

This can usually be fitted by ICE companies, I know Car Electronics in Leicester fit it.

Johnny,

Please can you get details about the company i.e. the full address and telephone number? :D

p.s. do you know how much would this set back me??? :unsure:

peeps,

If you're going to go to the likes of Tint:R for your tints, or emailing or making general enquires, to them, or indeed any other supplier,

Please PLEASE!! mention you read about them, on LOC website and got their details on here. :phone:

It greatly opens up the opportunity to negotiate better discounts for us and makes arranging group buys SO much easier. :hocus-pokus:

Gord,

Tried this when I was there, spent about 2 hours with him while he was finishing my car, he can't offer discount as he is already way cheaper than the competition and his order book is always full - He's a sound guy though and I picked up loads of his card's to distribute at LCO meetings. No harm in mentioning us though - he may see the light and get rid of his MR2 and get a LEx!! B)

peeps,

If you're going to go to the likes of Tint:R for your tints, or emailing or making general enquires, to them, or indeed any other supplier,

Please PLEASE!! mention you read about them, on LOC website and got their details on here. :phone:

It greatly opens up the opportunity to negotiate better discounts for us and makes arranging group buys SO much easier. :hocus-pokus:

Mat and I harped on about LOC for the entire time we were there..... but he is very good on price and therefore doubt he will offer any consideranle discounts...

and why should he offer any more off..........

he's good

he's the best around

and he knows lexus's inside out now!!!!

the guy has to make a living......any discount is good, but when he does it that cheap anyway......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links