Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is 220d Arrived Already

simon k

i test drove the is 220 d on saturday 11/11/06 and put in my order straight away, i was told that delivery would be upto 8 weeks. i got a phone call today the 15/11/06 to say my car had arrived and i can collect on saturday, not bad at all, just sad to see the back of my current is 200se

i found out that the car was for a customer who hasnt sorted out the finance, so its his car that iam getting,its the same colour [astral black] and same interior which is lucky

he will have to wait 8 weeks now for my car if he sorts out his finance

What a pleasant surprise - bet you're chuffed to bitz!

We seem to be low on pictures again on this site: Please post up asap!!

One word of caution - is the one you're getting a 2007 or 2006 left over? Check with the dealer...

the way to tell is position of the boot/fuel release switches on the lower right dash console (up/down position means 2006, side by side means 2007 I think - others may be able to tell you).

The reason I mention this is that some '56 platers are not 2007 models...if you're expecting a 2007 car make sure it is...

thanks for the advice Jambo, i was told that the car had just arrived on the boat from japan and was delivered to them yesterday and that they weren't expecting it until next week, so i presummed it would be a 2007 car.i shall look at the switches when i pick it up but i dont think i would be able to do anything about it if it is a 2006 car?

One word of caution - is the one you're getting a 2007 or 2006 left over? Check with the dealer...

the way to tell is position of the boot/fuel release switches on the lower right dash console (up/down position means 2006, side by side means 2007 I think - others may be able to tell you).

The latest ones in the showroom do indeed have the petrol cap release and boot release side by side (i.e 2007 models) so I think you will be ok and yours will be a 2007 model.

Just like to add that the 56 IS220d that I got about 3 weeks ago is what Jambo says a 2007 one as the buttons are side by side.

BTW? Whats the difference?

The 2006 models had the switches mounted one above the other and they were not illuminated..Lexus actually listened to the customer complaint and fixed the issue on the 2007 model. I'd like to know if they can be retro-fitted because I still find (well I don't...no pun intended) the switches are difficult when not illuminated as they are tucked under the dash. :unsure:

You mention your car just got here on a boat from Japan, I'm waiting on an IS220d from a leasing company (company car) and they insist it will be mid Jan, a wait from my ordering of 16 weeks! Do you think it might be here now and they'r waiting to register it as a 2007 car?

Does anyone know how often the cars come in and when the next shipment is due? Come on Lexus dealers cheer me up and tell me there's a boat due soon

You mention your car just got here on a boat from Japan, I'm waiting on an IS220d from a leasing company (company car) and they insist it will be mid Jan, a wait from my ordering of 16 weeks! Do you think it might be here now and they'r waiting to register it as a 2007 car?

Does anyone know how often the cars come in and when the next shipment is due? Come on Lexus dealers cheer me up and tell me there's a boat due soon

I got mine the same way you did, and had to wait over 3 months for it, as it was shipped from Japan. There was a scare at one point as their as a news article of a freightliner that had had an accident from Japan half way into the wait!

hi scott,

i put in my order the same as you about a week ago and was told delivery would be up to 8 weeks,

i only got mine quicker as they told me that a customer had ordered the same car but had problems ect with his finance,so i got his car and he will have to wait.

sorry you have got to wait but it will be worth it

Just like to add that the 56 IS220d that I got about 3 weeks ago is what Jambo says a 2007 one as the buttons are side by side.

BTW? Whats the difference?

The 2006 models had the switches mounted one above the other and they were not illuminated..Lexus actually listened to the customer complaint and fixed the issue on the 2007 model. I'd like to know if they can be retro-fitted because I still find (well I don't...no pun intended) the switches are difficult when not illuminated as they are tucked under the dash. :unsure:

I called my local dealership yesterday. Unfortunately, they told me that this cannot be done, it's a differnt wiring loom so the connections do not exist to replace the single switch with 2 switches and illuminate them, so it looks like it's torches at the ready for all of us who keep opening the fuel cover instead of the boot and vis versa!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links