Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 Free Domains

lexus_IS_200

isn't this for Eclipse Business Account users only?

Special offer available to new business customers only. Domain name registration free for first two years, standard pricing as applies thereafter - see website for details. Offer available to the first 12,000 domain name registration only. Subscribers to the offer agree to updates from Eclipse Internet. Terms and conditions apply.

Well, ive given it a whirl. Not sure if i'll be able to much on them fromy Mac though. My friend came round and wanted to add something to his site using the FTP and my Mac wouldnt let him.... :duh:

i just called them up, and read their t&c document

essentially u get a single ip

you can host with a non eclipse server

what's prob not possible is email with another server

you can transfer the domain to another provider after 2 years free of charge, if u try to transfer within 2 years, you get charged 2 years full payment

finally, he said they are not a scam company, they just want to generate more exposure for eclipse in the hope that you sign up to their other services...

i'm not that geeky, so not sure whether the single ip explanation is cool or not?

Excellent site there. Looks very proffesional. Ive seen this dreamweaver program on a Mac before, don't spose you know if its a freeware program do you? :)

i got it off torrents

if you dont know how to use them i will d/l it for you and send it to you if needed

sooty

Excellent site there. Looks very proffesional. Ive seen this dreamweaver program on a Mac before, don't spose you know if its a freeware program do you? :)

No it's not free. If you have iLife 06 then you can use iWeb to create a basic site.

Kazi - You don't need a .Mac account to publish with iWeb. Apple is not Micro$oft.

You will have amazing looking sites in no time.

I know apple is not MS, thats why I bought it :D

.Mac just seems quite expensive.. iWebs templates are pretty cool though.

kazi

dreamweaver will be in the post on monday or if you want it sent via msn (33mb) get me on msn

sooty_4@hotmail.com

Cheers dude. Just added you :D

ok, one of my domains has been registered with eclipse...i don't know what the options in the screen mean.

perhaps someone can confirm that these options allow one to host the site with another company?

Why does it not surprise me you got that :P

Only two days old as well, surprised it was available what with the craze that happened a few years ago buying anything they could!

The redirect option would let you point to another host's address, if you've got the option for DNS servers then you could also do that and Eclipse would just hold onto the domain via the IPSTAG for you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links