Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Deleted The Freeman's Thread?

aido

OK where did the Freeman's thread go?

It was all just a bit of fun, I've had no PM and no warning, and the pics in Ahmet's thread are still there, so which mod ****** the thread off?

And whoever it was, you should have kept a closer eye on Nico's thread, all the name calling there would have scared more members off than a simple jesting thread!

The same problem is happening on the MKIV forums, except that is the most vicious stuff I've ever seen, and a lot of people have quit those forums!

So why was the thread deleted seeing as it was a joke? I've had much worse happen here and the threads have continued as normal!

Anyone gonna own up?

Don't want to sound rude but if stuff like this happens then send me a Pm so I know what exactly is wrong, seeing as half of it is still on the boards I'm at a bit of a loss!

Strange?

I thought that a thread could only be removed if the thread originator (i.e. YOU) asked for it to be?

Maybe PIP asked for it to be removed? But then the pics in Ahmet's thread would also have gone as you say Aido.. :)

Its not freemans Aido and thank you for the comment on my physique. BTW do you train at all?

I didnt ask for it to be removed since i posted the link. I believe Mat deleted it due to the posts therafter and it being in Tdi's forum. I received a warning however for the comments posted in return to the bash street lot.

General

The basic rules for Lexus Owners Club (LOC) message-boards are simple;

* be polite. Treat your fellow members with respect. Personal attacks or name calling in any form will not be tolerated and will result in you being removed from LOC on either a permanent or temporary basis.

* use common sense. Do not post for the sake of posting, or simply to increase your post count.

* don't break the law. Don't post about things that break the law, or that might encourage others to break the law.

* don't post any message that even hints at advertising.

* ensure your post is useful and related to the subject of the original poster. Do not change the subject of a post, or post non constructive replies (such as replies containing only smileys).

We don't intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within them, but we will enforce the club's rules. The LOC moderation team reserves the right to remove, edit or move posts at its discretion, with or without an explanation. If you have any queries about whether the content of your post is suitable or not, please check with a moderator before you post.

Advertising and Soliciting

We have very strict rules about advertising on our message-boards.

Gold members may advertise their personal property for sale in the "Buy and Sell" section of the forum. All adverts will be moved to the "Buy and Sell Archive" section after three months (or sooner if the item is sold and the thread has been updated).

Authorised Traders may advertise their products and / or services in their allocated section(s) of the message-boards. Authorised Traders must follow Trading terms and conditions (see below).

All unauthorised advertising or soliciting will be removed without explanation and without notice. This includes, but is not limited to;

* directing members to external websites.

* advertising in signatures.

* using a thread to indirectly advertise or praise a product (unless the post is a personal recommendation based on personal use).

* placing commercial hyperlinks over pictures.

* posting of referral, affiliate or any commission generating links.

Persistent unauthorised advertising or soliciting may result in a removal of your membership of LOC, on either a permanent or temporary basis

The LOC moderation team may at its absolute discretion, remove or edit any post, signature or profile that it interprets to be unauthorised advertising or soliciting, with or without notice or explanation. If you are unsure about whether your post will be allowed under these rules, please seek guidance from a moderator before you post.

Signatures

Signatures must be kept to a maximum of 6 (six) lines, and may contain no more than 3 (three) images.

Images must not be larger than the following dimensions

- 468 pixels in width

- 60 pixels in height

Signatures may be edited or deleted without notice by a member of the moderation team.

Forum conduct and message content

We take the "be polite" rule VERY seriously! We will not tolerate ANY rudeness or swearing (including modifying words to escape our profanity filter). Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning, and will be permanently banned from LOC after a second offence.

Swearing, blasphemy or profanity (again either explicitly or by trying to deceive our profanity filter) will be edited or deleted without warning or notice and may lead to the member being banned from using the forum and / or banned from LOC.

In addition, members must not post images or use avatars that may cause offence to others. Images that cause offence may be deleted without notice.

Members should not hijack another member's thread by deliberately changing the subject away from that which the original poster intended. Posts made in this way may be deleted without notice.

In all cases relating to acceptable content, the LOC moderation team will decide, at its absolute discretion, what is acceptable and what is not. Where posts are edited or deleted by the moderation team, no notice will be given.

ANY form of hostility or abuse to a member of the moderation team, as a result of their enforcing any of the club's rules, will result in the permanent banning of the offending member from LOC, without notice.

Copyright and intellectual property

In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, LOC cannot determine the accuracy of information that may be uploaded to the forum and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the content, origin or use of any message.

Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. Members rely on such information at their own risk. Participants are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.

If any copyright through our website is breached then please contact webmaster@teamlexus.co.uk for immediate attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Trading terms and Conditions

These terms and conditions apply to all authorised traders.

LOC's prices for authorised trader status are valid for the entire period for which a sponsor contracts (quarterly or yearly). Prices are subject to change following 14 days' notice.

LOC reserves the right to make changes to its sponsorship offer at any time without notice. Sponsors affected by a site or page redesign will be contacted directly as soon as is reasonably possible..

Requests to cancel a sponsorship agreement as a result of a site redesign must be made in writing to LOC and will be acknowledged by LOC in writing. Requests to cancel sponsorship agreements shall be made 15 days prior to the cancellation date. No refunds will be made under any circumstances, although credit proportional to the remainder of the contract period may (at LOC's sole discretion) be given toward future sponsorship promotions.

LOC shall not be liable for any delays in ad banner delivery and other sponsorship tools and / or non-delivery in the event of network difficulties, electronic malfunction, or any conditions beyond its reasonable control affecting delivery of the sponsorship. Any errors, omissions or problems will be corrected as soon as reasonably possible.

All sponsorships shall be prepaid at least 15 days before the launch date. No type of sponsorship shall be posted until payment is received. Sponsorships may be updated or changed with no additional charge at any time. Requests for updates shall be done in writing 15 days' prior to the desired date.

Sponsorships shall be only on condition that the sponsors assume full liability and responsibility for any legal claims resulting from the sponsorship.

LOC and its members shall not be liable for any damages or costs associated with the posting of a banner or sponsorship tools, or for failing to post a sponsorship, whatever the reason or cause.

Acceptance of sponsorship should not be construed as any type of endorsement by LOC or by any third-party organisations (unless otherwise stated) of the sponsorship, the sponsor or the sponsor's organisation, system, product or service. LOC expressly disavows any such endorsement, whether implied or otherwise.

Sponsors agree not to trade under another sponsor's forum thread / topic to gain or undercut the originating sponsor's thread / topic. The club and its staff are not held responsible in any way for removal of offending forum posts that clearly undermine another sponsors thread. LOC will make reasonable efforts to enforce this rule, but will not be held responsible for any deal that is lost as a result of this rule's contravention, and will not get involved in resolving any dispute arising from contravention of this rule.

LOC will not be liable for any posts or threads removed that are deemed not suitable for the forums, such as items not suitable for a car forum/website. All rules relating to post content and other forum behaviour (as detailed above) apply and the LOC moderation team will edit or remove any posts that it finds to be in contravention of the club's rules.

Sponsors must not resell for other traders that have

1. Not re-subscribed to the LOC sponsorship scheme (previous sponsors sharing space).

2. On behalf of any club member registered to the Lexus Owners' Club or Toyota Owners' Club

3. Products not related to Lexus or any other goods or service that do not comply with the website terms and conditions. All products must relate to the service being sold.

4. Club service ads do not apply to section 3 in this paragraph.

Authorised traders (Sponsors with Post Only and banner advertisement privileges) are limited to one new product(s) thread / topic per day. Answering threads that may lead to a product / service sale is unlimited.

All traders must submit a copy in writing of their trading terms including shipping and returns policy.

While LOC will make reasonable efforts to enforce these policies, it will not be held responsible for any issues, whether direct or consequential, and however caused, arising out of a member(s), or sponsor(s) contravention of them.

LOC will assist, where it can and where it wants to, with the resolution of any dispute between sponsoring parties, but ultimately the responsibility to find any resolution and remedy should come from the parties themselves, using their own agents or means.

Staff Manager Members

Committee members are:-

Mat (Monster-Mat)

Steve (Steve)

Its not freemans Aido and thank you for the comment on my physique. BTW do you train at all?

I didnt ask for it to be removed since i posted the link. I believe Mat deleted it due to the posts therafter and it being in Tdi's forum. I received a warning however for the comments posted in return to the bash street lot.

How come your warning bar is visible to all?

How come your warning bar is visible to all?

Must be well into Friday Afternoon in Lagos Mike, it's not his warning bar, that's what you have if you are not Gold that shows number of posts :lol:

i allways try and pm whoever needs to be pm`d

but its not allways possible, when you have different posts to move, and have just spent 10 minutes deciding if something is correct or not, editing profanitys and such, you realise that you have run out of time,

sometimes its so plainly obvious why a post is deleted so why should any of us waste time excusing the action

lets face it we are all here for the same thing, why should any moderator not have the same chance as everyone else of enjoying the forums

if someone makes a personal attack on someone, or is taking the mickey to the point it is offending the recipicant, then its odds on it will be deleted, not everyone knows the relationships that many members have with each other, and it can give the wrong impression

on the topic of Nico`s thread, i have not seen a complaint, i agree it is somewhat wayward, but i see it as a heated debate, as much as an accusation has been thrown it has also been answered or thrown back

it is also one of the most viewed threads of late !

:lol:

Mate if you saw pics of me you'd know that the only training I do is Stella :lol:

Actually trying to lose some weight at the minute but just sticking to the cross trainer for now to get things rolling as well as basic weights and stuff, I really enjoy it as it's a great stress reliever and I always seem to have better clairty of mind afterwards which is always a good thing :D

Actually not on about the stuff in the TDI thread, put another one up in general where I was taking the mick, hope it didn't offend you mate, I've got plans for a new thread now which could be kinda interesting :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links