Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Alloys Soft!

alpappy

HI

My new Hoshi front wheel without me ever parking next to kerb at all is quite badly scuffed along about 1/3 of the rim edge. Dont ever remember hitting anything!! Any one have any experience with these hoshi alloys. I have a wheel repairman who can repair it Wonder if its worth while ..if it just happens that easily!!!

alan

HI

My new Hoshi front wheel without me ever parking next to kerb at all is quite badly scuffed along about 1/3 of the rim edge. Dont ever remember hitting anything!! Any one have any experience with these hoshi alloys. I have a wheel repairman who can repair it Wonder if its worth while ..if it just happens that easily!!!

alan

Alan - depends how much cash you were given by Santa for christmas...

Even one of mine (standard 17") was scuffed up, admittedly by me last week (5-7inch "rub" on one NSF alloy edge), and yes they are soft (as most of 'em are nowadays) and no I wouldn't bother getting it sorted (unless you're tyhinking of selling) 'cos it'll only happen again :blink:

Bring back the old Wolfrace wheels - there's never been heavier or stronger aluminium since :tomato: !!

Had to have 2 of my Hoshis repaired due to me scuffing the kerb!

No alloy in the world will withstand a scuff however minor because its a laquered paint finish on the surface:in the Hoshi's case it is chrome over black.

In both cases I heard it because I was travelling c. 2mph:significantly the alloy rim itself (to the naked eye )

was not damaged.

Tel

all diamond cut wheels suffer the same, wether they are mitsi, VW, merc or lexus. get them painted when they've coroded and park like i do (like you've abandoned the car) my mates always take the mick at how far my car is from the kurb and 'do you wan't a taxi to take you to the pavement' remark is often made but im the one with perfect, non marked alloys! :D

all diamond cut wheels suffer the same, wether they are mitsi, VW, merc or lexus. get them painted when they've coroded and park like i do (like you've abandoned the car) my mates always take the mick at how far my car is from the kurb and 'do you wan't a taxi to take you to the pavement' remark is often made but im the one with perfect, non marked alloys! :D

Better getting yourwheels powder coated rather than painted.

Corrosion is always a problem with painted wheels but powder coated ones have a better life expectancy

Except if you park along the edge of a kerb and re style them

Corrosion is always a problem with painted wheels but powder coated ones have a better life expectancy

powder coating is very good but not that many places do them. like everything else, it depends who does them and how good they are at what they do. The local place that has done my wheels are superb, no hassel, quality thick, glossy finnish and they last years. I sold the last car with the alloys on and they looked great 2-3 years down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

powder coating is very good but not that many places do them. like everything else, it depends who does them and how good they are at what they do. The local place that has done my wheels are superb, no hassel, quality thick, glossy finnish and they last years. I sold the last car with the alloys on and they looked great 2-3 years down the line.

The design of the wheels are poor and very liable to damage We havea 4 year old Merc e Class The wheels suffer corosion but the rim edge is chamfered inwards and inspite of many attempts by my wife to damage the wheel rims it has never happened..just the tyres get scuffed

alan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links