Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tut Tut Lexus

leddy

Hi Guys i'm new to the forum so please be gentle

Ok I'm trying to move from an Audi TT to a Lexus IS220D SE-L with Multi media sounds quite easy, but hell no.

Trawling through the lexus web site with it's easy to manage search engine for the IS could not be simplier. The annoying part is the lack of care taken by lexus sales personnel around the UK, not putting the correct information of the cars specs on the website. Wanting the MM in my new lexus narrows the options down to 20 or so cars after chosing colours inside and out, Then to find that when i get to the interior picture there is no MM...! In some case having to ring the dealer as there's no picture at all and then to find the information on the site to be incorrect, this is not acceptable.

ARGGHHH is it that hard to get the spec right on the cars description before putting it on the WWW for all to see? This has happened at least 5 times now and is getting really frustrating and quickly taking the shine off buying my first Lexus.

SO come on Lexus get your act together! I know it may sound pettee but i'm a new customer and these little things make me wonder if everything i read about the Lexus excellent quality and service is really how it is. If you can't get it right trying to sell what sort of service will i get owning one?

Anyway folks hopefully i shall be converted over the next few weeks and will say ta ta to the TT and hello Lexy.

Fingers Crossed :tomato:

I understand your problems, I had the same thing when I was looking. Even had dealers putting the price up on the website after I phoned them. Others were advertising the car when it wasn't available. Another siad sat nav but id didn't have it so he offered to throw in a portable one. WTF?

Welcome to LOC! :D

I'd have to agree though, the website isn't too great - gotta say BMWs one is much better.....

Although, at the end of the day, what do you prefer? A great website but poorly built car, or so-so website but a great car :whistling:

Just hang in there and I'm sure you'll find the right car for you :winky:

The best thing to do is call your local dealer, tell them what you want, colour, spec etc and let them do the donkey work.

There could be ex-demo's still not out for general release...and also if you're used to the responsiveness of a sporty car, try out the 220d Sport - no doubt you'l find the eagerness a tad better due to the final drive ratio.

BTW - welcome to the LOC!

The best thing to do is call your local dealer, tell them what you want, colour, spec etc and let them do the donkey work.

There could be ex-demo's still not out for general release...and also if you're used to the responsiveness of a sporty car, try out the 220d Sport - no doubt you'l find the eagerness a tad better due to the final drive ratio.

Thanks for the welcome Jamboo and all you other Guys .

Jamboo test drove the Sport nice car but no leather interior so going for the SE L like the LUX effect.

Just to update you all I'm trying to purchase my Lexus through my Local Dealer who does not have what I require in stock unfortunately.

I have given him 4 Vehicles up to now which meet my requirements to get a deal done but no one is playing ball they have either amazingly been sold that day or my salesman gets the (will ring you back) excuse from other lexus dealerships and hears nothing else.

He say's it's not compulsory to let any Lexus’s move around the country to sell to other customers even if Lexus encourage’s this which apparently they try do.

Again Disappointing results from Lexus I'm now seriously thinking about buying a new Freelander 2 at least they have one in and can give me a delivery date.

It's so sad :crybaby:

Jamboo test drove the Sport nice car but no leather interior so going for the SE L like the LUX effect.

Just to update you all I'm trying to purchase my Lexus through my Local Dealer who does not have what I require in stock unfortunately.

I have given him 4 Vehicles up to now which meet my requirements to get a deal done but no one is playing ball they have either amazingly been sold that day or my salesman gets the (will ring you back) excuse from other lexus dealerships and hears nothing else.

He say's it's not compulsory to let any Lexus’s move around the country to sell to other customers even if Lexus encourage’s this which apparently they try do.

Again Disappointing results from Lexus I'm now seriously thinking about buying a new Freelander 2 at least they have one in and can give me a delivery date.

Tell me what you want and i'll try to get it for you. however you have to understand that we dont have a used car factory down the road where we can just get the exact colour and spec's from. Also if you have found cars at other dealerships, why dont you just call them to see what kind of deal they will offer you? It's fairly simple to do, and I understsand the problem with the mm option on the website, alot of dealers will do this by mistake, again its only a click of the mouse to discover if it has mm or not. and dont blame the sales guys, cos 9/10 dealers have an administrator who does all of the internet work.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks

Mat

Tell me what you want and i'll try to get it for you. however you have to understand that we dont have a used car factory down the road where we can just get the exact colour and spec's from. Also if you have found cars at other dealerships, why dont you just call them to see what kind of deal they will offer you? It's fairly simple to do, and I understsand the problem with the mm option on the website, alot of dealers will do this by mistake, again its only a click of the mouse to discover if it has mm or not. and dont blame the sales guys, cos 9/10 dealers have an administrator who does all of the internet work.

Thanks

Mat

Thanks Mat for the advice

Now I’ve been told today from my Local Friendly salesman after another Lexus that I enquired about is amazingly sold that Lexus garages around the country are reluctant to pass the vehicles on to other dealers as they lose out on profit margins and would rather keep them on themselves as the IS Diesel is a good seller (fair point) and has advised me to try direct as you said Mat which I have done this evening and found one of the Lexus’s I was originally told was sold is available (amazing).

So now it looks like I have to sort out a PX price Again against my car with this dealer and probably either pay for transport costs to obtain the car or travel 200+ miles to collect if the deal is right instead of a 10mile trip to my local dealer Bizarre or What

Will keep those who are interested updated watch this space :yawn:

When I eventually found mine, I phooned and asked on Friday after 5pm. Got a return call Sat am and agreed deal including p/ex subject to mine as I described, drove about 100 miles to view, test drive, sign dotted line and took car home Sat pm :)

PM me if you want to know the dealer & salesmen who incidentally was valeting the car when I arrived !!

Now I’ve been told today from my Local Friendly salesman after another Lexus that I enquired about is amazingly sold that Lexus garages around the country are reluctant to pass the vehicles on to other dealers as they lose out on profit margins and would rather keep them on themselves as the IS Diesel is a good seller (fair point) and has advised me to try direct as you said Mat which I have done this evening and found one of the Lexus’s I was originally told was sold is available (amazing).

So now it looks like I have to sort out a PX price Again against my car with this dealer and probably either pay for transport costs to obtain the car or travel 200+ miles to collect if the deal is right instead of a 10mile trip to my local dealer Bizarre or What

Hi leddy.

I recently bought a barely run-in, 6 month old GS from Lexus Newcastle. It cost me £4000 less than an identical model at Lexus Aberdeen. I did the deal over the phone and all I had to do was to drive down to Newcastle so that the salesman could confirm the price he would give me on my old IS. Since the new car wasn't taxed, I couldn't take it away that day. However, 5 days later, he sent the new car up on a transporter, and took my part-ex away - no charge for doing that 600 mile round trip. He said they regularly deliver cars to customers (one in Devon the week before).

I asked why the prices were so different and he said it was because Lex Newcastle is owned by the Jardine Group who bulk-buy nearly new cars direct from the manufacturers. Hence good discounts which they can pass on to us.

So worth shopping around, and full marks to Lexus Newcastle. Good luck with your search.

IanB :D

I twice drove to another dealer an hour's drive away to test drive and then collect an IS220d Sport. It was 3 months old and had done 4,500 miles. My local dealer had a similar car but for £3,000 more. It was worth the drive :)

Hi leddy.

I recently bought a barely run-in, 6 month old GS from Lexus Newcastle. It cost me £4000 less than an identical model at Lexus Aberdeen. I did the deal over the phone and all I had to do was to drive down to Newcastle so that the salesman could confirm the price he would give me on my old IS. Since the new car wasn't taxed, I couldn't take it away that day. However, 5 days later, he sent the new car up on a transporter, and took my part-ex away - no charge for doing that 600 mile round trip. He said they regularly deliver cars to customers (one in Devon the week before).

I asked why the prices were so different and he said it was because Lex Newcastle is owned by the Jardine Group who bulk-buy nearly new cars direct from the manufacturers. Hence good discounts which they can pass on to us.

So worth shopping around, and full marks to Lexus Newcastle. Good luck with your search.

Hi Ian

Spooky or what I’ve just spoken to the general manger at Newcastle Lexus and fingers crossed he hopes to find me the car I require by next week with no problems in getting it delivered to my door.

I can even take my car to a local Audi dealer to have it checked out for PX (Excellent).

What a contrast to my local Lexus dealer who now i feel were just leading me on and was not that interested in my money.

But it's early days yet lets hope Lexus Newcastle will live up to their first impressions which were VERY IMPRESSIVE.

will keep all those interested updated.

Have a good weekend you all

Leddy

Thanks

Mat

Your local friendly salesman is probably telling you the truth, If he gets told that by another dealer, what else can he do, the fact that you ring the other dealer and the car is 'magically' available is what happens in the businesses. They struggle to get good used car stock at the right price, so why should they give it away to other dealers. there a business here to make money, not to pass any profits on to the next man. Also remember they are all working for different franchises, Inchcape, Sytner etc etc... so all have different amounts of buying power. I sell cars all the way from Scotland to Cornwall and have a dedicated delivery driver on site to deliver my cars to my customers, most of who'm I never see as the deals are done over the phone or the internet.

Hi Ian

Spooky or what I’ve just spoken to the general manger at Newcastle Lexus and fingers crossed he hopes to find me the car I require by next week with no problems in getting it delivered to my door.

I can even take my car to a local Audi dealer to have it checked out for PX (Excellent).

What a contrast to my local Lexus dealer who now i feel were just leading me on and was not that interested in my money.

But it's early days yet lets hope Lexus Newcastle will live up to their first impressions which were VERY IMPRESSIVE.

will keep all those interested updated.

Have a good weekend you all

Leddy

Encouraging news Leddy. I hope you get what you want, and Lex Newcastle treat you as well as they did me.

Cheers,

Leddy

I dealt with Lexus Newcastle prior to Christmas they had a IS220D already registered with delivery mileage. Agreed a part ex deal over the phone subject to me testing the IS and they looking at PX. I travelled up to Newcastle and everything was ok, so the deal was completed and I collected the car the next week. I literally saved thousands against a new one and Lexus Newcastle where a thousand less than any other local Lexus dealer, who had the same type of car registered at roughly the same time. I was very happy to travel that distance for the deal that I got. I should have asked for delivery to home although I was unaware of this option.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links