Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Norton 2006 Internet Security Free Upgrade To 2007 Internet Security

chips229

Hi,

Just thought id let everyone know,i normally just buy the newer version and thats it until the next year.

I bought 2006 as the title says and that would have been it,a friend said you can update it for free :winky:

Its nice of Norton not to update it on its own accord on live up date :shifty:

You can click on the link below if you have 2006 installed and upgrade it to 2007 for free.

Make sure you copy the addon link and save it in the small window as its downloading the main program because the anti spam and parental control and other features have to be downloaded after ;)

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/su...e2007/index.jsp

Theres Norton fraud monitoring like on Windows Version,which is not on the 2006 of Norton.

The 2006 anti Virus version also looks like it can be upgraded.

Cheers..

Chips.

That's very useful info for Windows PC users!

There's nothing like hogging 20% of your CPU resources on anti-virus, spyware and adware! :blink:

PAYING for it aswell would be even worse! So thank goodness this slowdown is FREE! BARGAIN!

Ohh hang on! Wouldn't it be better if there was an OS that was written that was impervious to viruses spyware and adware so you wouldn't need this software!? Just IMAGINE using your full CPU resourse for ACTUALLY BEING PRODUCTIVE!?? *shock horror*

OOHH DOUBLE hang on!! There IS an OS like that!

It's called Mac OS X!

http://www.apple.com/getamac

:D

(you didn't SERIOUSLY think I could resist that did you!?? :blush: )

The 2006 anti Virus version also looks like it can be upgraded.

Cheers..

Chips.

There are better products that are free - from AVG or Zone Alarm for example. If you are going to spend your money the commercial version of Zone Alarm includes ad and spyware suppression and is updated automatically almost daily.

(you didn't SERIOUSLY think I could resist that did you!?? :blush: )

Not for a single, over-optimistic, minute . . . . . . :shutit:

Does the upgrade use the current subscription or does it give anothere year? Reason I ask is Norton have screwed mine up and trying to get them to sort it / reply to emails is almost impossible.

It just updates it to 2007.

As for all the other sarcasm :lol: I dont really give a ***** whats the best mac or pc,just another helpful post from me trying to put people in the know.

From your posts Tyger i dont see one trying to help with info about anything Lexus,you just seem to be on here to bang on about how good apple are :lol::whistling:

Thanks chips, I called them today. First time gave up after 20 minutes. Second time got through after 25 minutes. Fair does to what I assume is an Indian call centre the lady sortet for me. I now have over 100 days on Internet Security and ove 250 days on System Works ..... :whistles: I'll try your link over the weekend.

I ditched norton anti virus recently. It made my PC really slow until I upgraded the processor and even then the 2006 version took much longer to scan my PC than the previous version. The annual renewal was £40 :o so I bought panda antvirus for less than half the renewal (£16.99). It scores nearly as high for virus detection and scans faster.

I disabled a friend's norton internet security except for the virus checker as I found it was norton which caused her PC to lock up when pasting text from a browser into word!!

Does the upgrade use the current subscription or does it give anothere year? Reason I ask is Norton have screwed mine up and trying to get them to sort it / reply to emails is almost impossible.

As for all the other sarcasm :lol: I dont really give a ***** whats the best mac or pc,just another helpful post from me trying to put people in the know.

From your posts Tyger i dont see one trying to help with info about anything Lexus,you just seem to be on here to bang on about how good apple are :lol::whistling:

Apples are great......I have one a day.Keeps the doctor away :D

I upgraded at the end of last year :winky:

Yawn.

PCs crash and get viruses.

Macs don't crash, and they don't have viruses.

Both statements are false. Windows 2k, XP or Vista is stable when set up properly on good hardware, Macs do crash, and Macs do get the odd virus, but no-one writes Mac viruses which is why they are rare. Macs are also more expensive, but look beautiful.

Linux is harder to use than either, but is arguably even more stable and no-one writes viruses for it either. But you're on your own if you have a problem and can't get to the internet, unless you have a Linux geek mate to pop round and hold your hand.

Just use whichever one you like best, it makes naff all difference anyway once they're up and running.

Mike

Yawn.

PCs crash and get viruses.

Macs don't crash, and they don't have viruses.

Both statements are false. Windows 2k, XP or Vista is stable when set up properly on good hardware, Macs do crash, and Macs do get the odd virus, but no-one writes Mac viruses which is why they are rare. Macs are also more expensive, but look beautiful.

Linux is harder to use than either, but is arguably even more stable and no-one writes viruses for it either. But you're on your own if you have a problem and can't get to the internet, unless you have a Linux geek mate to pop round and hold your hand.

Just use whichever one you like best, it makes naff all difference anyway once they're up and running.

Mike

Bit of silly thing to say really.....makes naff all difference once they're up and running....

Why did you buy a Lexus then? Why didnt you just buy a el'cheapio Ford? They do the same thing after all once running.....

The apple X was based on Linux system. Fail to see how thats more stable after apple have re-written parts and pathed other loop holes up....

sorry, I couldnt resist, I have tried to help with Lexi problems but no-one listens to me!? I wonder why? :lol:

"Just use whichever one you like best, it makes naff all difference anyway once they're up and running"

@Mike_B

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no.

*sigh*

It makes all the difference in the world. And to be able to KNOW "whichever one you like best" isn't it probably a good idea to investigate what's available rather than repeating parrot fashion what you have heard on the oh so reliable grapevine about Macs and Linux?

Your take on viruses is absolute twaddle - you clearly haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about and are just repeating "facts" you have heard. Don't worry - you are not alone.

Mac OS X is based on BSD using the MACH kernel - not Linux.

For PC hardware owners - Linux is a FAR superior and more stable and secure alternative to Windows.

What Kazi says is food for thought - why did you buy a Lexus and not a Fiesta? Why do people take extreme lengths to investigate the best car for them and yet buy a computer without a second thought!? WEIRD!

PS Even if you do have a PC and NEED a virus-checker - as many have said - Norton blows chunks.

"Just use whichever one you like best, it makes naff all difference anyway once they're up and running"

@Mike_B

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no.

*sigh*

Your take on viruses is absolute twaddle - you clearly haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about and are just repeating "facts" you have heard. Don't worry - you are not alone.

My word, you really are a Mac bore aren't you?

99% of people running a modern version of Windows have no problem with it. 99% of people running Macs are very happy with their choice too. Same goes for Linux. Once you've got it out the box, it makes no difference. You turn it on, move a mouse around and click things to get them to work. As you rightly say, much of the software commonly used looks and feels the same because it largely is the same. So it makes no difference which one you have unless you have a particular or vested interest in the engineering underneath. My cd-writer writes CDs, my USB pen turns up automatically in the system for use, and my printer spits out paper with ink on it. All of which is the same whatever system I use.

I bought a Lexus because I'm interested in cars, and therefore under-the-hood differences become more important to me than they are to someone else. With computers, I spend much of my work time building terminal servers, packaging applications, creating application scripts and generally working on Citrix server farms supporting hundreds (thousands in some cases) of simultaneous users at a variety of clients. When I get home, I just want to check my mail, so I turn the computer on, and it just works. A Mac at home would achieve no more and no less, cost more to purchase, there would be a greater-than-zero learning curve, and so would represent a poor choice.

I have absolutely nothing against Macs, they are beautifully built and are an engineering masterpiece in both their OS and hardware. But PCs are nowhere near as bad as you like to make out and most people would be equally happy with either.

I would say I'm looking forward to your reply, but I suspect it will just be more personal comments and bluster. So let's just agree to disagree, you will continue to be happy with your Mac and I will continue to be happy with my PCs.

Mike

chips was just trying to be helpful. We all have our pet loves/hates (you should try using DB2 on an old IBM mainframe with a green screen interface :sick:) but this thread is going no-where so it's being closed at his request.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links