Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Wii

Kazi

wii sports is ace and it comes with it.

i have zelda and if you like action/adventure then get it, i usually dont play stuff like zelda but i seriously rate it.

also people have informed that ray-man raving rabbits is great as is wario ware.

get some spare batteries you may burn through the ones you get with the console, and do some warm up before playing boxing on wii sports ;-)

wii sports is ace and it comes with it.

and do some warm up before playing boxing on wii sports ;-)

I only have the Wii Sports and Wii Play atm. Got Zelda coming.

Recommend a warm too. Baseball is also tough on the shoulders/upper arms.

What i'll do then is have a thrash on my punch bag then warm down on the wii! :D

Had other Zelda games in the past and to be fair they always been fun! Think getting the wii play is a must really as you get the extra remote. Do you know if you get the nunchuck to Lee?

Cheers so far folks!

No nunchuk with wii play/remote im afraid! So youll have to get one if you want to box 2 player!

Zelda is very good definately worth getting, was just lure fishing on one of the levels - which is fun (but takes some patience!)

Kaz mate....you shudda said u were after a decent games console as i wudda got u a PS3 from the US when i was over there at christmas :winky: :shifty: My one is awesome...got it all set-up and wirelessly connected to the net now - let the good times begin!!

Kaz mate....you shudda said u were after a decent games console as i wudda got u a PS3 from the US when i was over there at christmas :winky: :shifty: My one is awesome...got it all set-up and wirelessly connected to the net now - let the good times begin!!

Cheers anyway dude, but im a Nintendo fan myself. Have been brough up with them since the NES and Master Systems were fighting it out!

Never had anything other than Nintendo stuff. Its just easy fun! Won't be parting with money on a X-Box or Playstation.

Guess its each to their own. :D

Thanks for the suggestions so far peeps! Does anyone have that Red Steel? Heard thats an ok game..

I have red steel

it starts off looking horrible, then it looks much better later on. but the game is so full of bugs and its very clearly half finished (as are most launch games). It's good fun and the control scheme is really nice when it works. but I wouldnt say its a must have. wait for the sequel which wont be rushed and will be much better for it.

• 3 months later...

Anymore decent games out for this yet? As miy Wii should finally arrive tomorrow. Also can you buy the points for the virtual console games off the console, like the 360 marketplace?

Anymore decent games out for this yet? As miy Wii should finally arrive tomorrow. Also can you buy the points for the virtual console games off the console, like the 360 marketplace?

Whats the cheapest way to get obtain a second wii remote and nunchuck?

I've been playing super paper mario on my mates Wii (it's an american import) and it's great. later on there's a bunch of games worth looking forward to such as Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Galaxy.

yes u can buy wii points on the console using your credit card. they virtual console games are are 500 points for NES games, 600 Points for PC Engine Games ,800 points for SNES and MEGA DRIVE games and 1000 points for an N64 game. 1000 points = £7.00 so they are not that cheap

as most of the games can be got on a real cartridge for less money now.

another annoying thing about the VC games is that they are authentic to the original in every way. So they run like crap (ie slow 50hz pal speeds) and look like crap esp on a nice new HDTV.

Whats the cheapest way to get obtain a second wii remote and nunchuck?

best way would be to buy the game Wii Play as that's £35.00 and comes with a wiimote and just buy a nunchuck to go with it £15.00

Top games for me at the moment are:

Excite Trucks (good graphics, great learning curve)

Eledees (find and shoot cute things)

Wii Sports

Wii Play

Wario Ware Smooth moves

Zelda

AVOID SSX BLUR LIKE THE PLAGUE, looks great, effin awful to play.

End of June will see Resident Evil 4 Wii version (Resi evil is one of the best games ever made apparently)

and Mario Strikers Charged the Wii's first online game

btw: if anyone wants to mod their nunchuk with a blue LED then I can post the instructions. (Who sez modding is just for cars)

that is all ;)

Mario Strikers charged football, playable online will be out of the 25th. I'll put my wii number on my sig then if anyone fancies a match.

Maybe we should do an LOC gameswap? Would save everyone a bit of cash?

Mario Strikers charged football, playable online will be out of the 25th.

Sounds interesting as I hear Nintendo won't have there online gaming section up and running until the end of 07 :duh:

Maybe we should do an LOC gameswap? Would save everyone a bit of cash?

That maybe an idea, although games can be hired from place like www.lovefilm.com really cheaply and you can keep them as long as you like.

Bought Medal of Honour Vanguard today. :o

I think it is a brilliant game the controls are almost as good as playing it on the PC, spot on.

Always enjoyed playing the previous Medal of Honour games, whats it like Lee?

Ive got;

Call of Duty 3 which is a great game, get the odd kerky movment in it when your playing but other than that its brilliant, you really get involved with the game.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07.....only had a quick go on this, seems like a good game, its a lot more complex than the Wii Sports gold game.....will have more of a play and see what I think.

Wii Play, just basic two player games, more for you to get used to the controller. Good value as it kinda works out it only costs you a fiver.

Far Cry, not played yet. Enjoyed them on other consoles....the controls are meant to be good on it. I'll post my experience with it.

The Godfather blackhand edition, not worth buying if you have it on another console but I really enjoyed playing this. Some nice use of the wii mote and addictive story lines make you play it for hours!

Some good games in the pipe line though....

Anyone tried Mortal Kombat for the Wii yet?

Didnt even know that had been launched yet :duh:

Problem is, their all the same old game aren't they? The last one I played was on the Gamecube, was an ok game though.

meh mortal combat, I can leave it personally. I have also heard that Far Cry is appallingly bad as it is just a poor PS2 port.

Personally I am playing Eledees at the moment, and its a little cracker of a game, like a shooting game with Half life 2 physics. Bobbins story tho.

I must admit i am a bit of a Tech nutter

must have all

and i have all the next gen consoles

started with the XBOX360 and i must admit it is now getting better for games

i then Purchased in November last year the Wii for my lads

fantastic machine Best game is Wii Sports and also wario smooth moves.

my son is awaiting the new Mario football game,

but i will be amazed how you play football

I have also purchased the PS3 on Launch day bit dissapointed with the games so far

but as a Blueray Player for Films fantastic

Just thought i would let you all know

Matt

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links