Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh No Not Tyres Again!

Tinonline

:sick:

Hi

Time for a couple of tyres. I know.... so many tyres and many oppinions and experiences.

I've a Mk1 GS300: fastest milk float in the West: running on Yokohamas. Well, it seems to grip fine in wet or dry....really it does. Yes I think they are noisy and don't last that long. I thought they were very good.

Is it me or are tyres actually quite similar and boil down to a matter of choice?

Maybe there is a better of tyre out there?

Very greatful for your experiences....should I change?

Thanks

tinonline

Of course tyres vary. Manufactures use different compounds etc etc. As Adie says, if your happy with them, stick to them. To get a good idea as to whats a good tyre tested by pro's, try www.mytyres.co.uk

Think they have ratings for each tyre.

I use Vrederstein Ultrac. Not cheap but been faultess!

ive got michelin pilots on mine and i reckon there not to bad. bit expensive but they came with the car.

as a high end budget i used to use falken ze502's and they used to stick pretty well.

it is all down to choice. theres not one tyre that everyone will like. just spend the most u can afford cos there one of the most important bits when it comes to performance and handling.

I have been usin Goodyear Eagle F1's and have been very happy, but i may try something different I have read good things about Vrederstein, Kazi are they up to much and whats the wear like?

I'v been getting about 10k out of my F1's but i do drive quite hard.

From what I hear the Vredestein's are good but they have a weak side wall - something to think about if you're constantly throwing her around corners!

The tyre place I use would not sell them to me as they've had a demonstration of my driving on the twisties and he said although he normally recommended the Vredesteins to everyone he couldn't in my case as he had doubts whether they would hold up to it!

The F1's you have are one of the best tyres for the IS from what I've seen on here, can't say I've ever experienced them first hand though, same with the Vredestein, I always used the Toyo Proxes T1-S and they were great!

I went from Eagle F1's to Falken FK451's and I have to stress the fact that the F1's did have a "weaker" sidewall that would give in MUCH easier to highspeed cornering, where the FK451's don't "break" out. Both are near enough equal in terms of performance, except the FK's are a little noisier. The F1's and FK's both react very predictably when pushing them to their "breakin" limit, and both are very good tyres for the money! :).

Unless you drive your car like you just stole it, either of the above would be MORE than enough :).

• 3 weeks later...

:D

Hi,

Just to let you know that after careful consideration I renewed the Yokohamas. After a drive on the M1 when it resembled a pond, I can't fault the tyres! Thanks for your input and I believe "if you are happy with them stick with them" is very good advice.

My '96 GS300 (77,000 miles) has just sailed through it's MOT - not even an advice to report.

This is my first Lexus and now I know why we all love them so much!

Happy motoring!

Tinonline

• 2 weeks later...

i had some F1's and they scrubbed out really fast in my opinion, dont get me wrong they stuck like glue but i couldnt justify getting through tyres that quick.

It was recommended to me to get bridgestones they were about 99 quid each and i can only praise them i have been known to give the car a little stick so to speak and they do perform, but the bonus is i had the car up on the four point lift yesterday to change the oil and they are wearing really really well and evenly!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links