Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Road Tax Prices

BarneyTT

I want to see if a bus is actually more efficient or not......

They run for around 16Hrs a day pushing out *** knows how much carp!

Anyway

LOOK AT...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524

IS200 pre 2001 - 180

IS200 2001 On - 205

Vehicles From 23 March 2006 and in band G - 300

so my 2000 X Is200SE tax is not affected? Will it be affected next year?

Rory Next year it will be affected, because they will come out with another stupid tax

like you are driving a car that dont breakdown too often so you must be using the road more

or you are using more air to inflate your tyres tax

AGGGGGHHHH

WHY do we give in so easy to them if everyone said we are not paying your stupid taxes what would they do then.?

and i like the one Ref the Buses you are right how much do they spew out from an old clapped out Daimler 12 cylinder Engine

So i am Driving a IS200sport registered Oct2000 so i should not be affected

so what i should do is just have the car restored rather than buy a new one,

and as the chassis number and registration plates are X reg i can just keep paying the

Std Tax

and i Love this NEW word from all the parties GREEN TAX

every time i here them (the Politicians) saying we must think of the enviroment it makes me mad

as it has been proved you will not stop global warming EVERYTHING EMMITS CO2 gas

yes even humans.

And i do Believe the Ice caps are melting because we are still coming out the ice age, so mr polictical man from westminster stop the Bull

The Tax on Cars Bikes vans Lorries has never been fair

Why should i pay the same amount as a person that is driving around allday long

i travel to and from work 40ish miles a day

they can drive around all day long and it is the same tax that is never right

I think the best way and fair way is charge it on the fuel the more you use the more you pay

Also next time you are driving on a motoway and you see a Lorry from another country,

just take a look at the size of the fuel tank 2/3 times the size of a UK HGV

so they fill up in there own country drive around the UK then drive back without having to put a drop of the UK fuel in there tank, so free use of our roads and no Tax paid why dont they get charged a levey when they enter the UK, like the swiss do to people that want to go through switzerland

WE ARE THE SOFT TOUCH OF EUROPE

Cheers Gordon 2p in the pound back on my income tax but why next April 08, strange how fuel can go up 2p per L in October 07 they can always put up now but give back over a year later

but i guess by next April N.I will go up by 3p.

Matt

Some of that is true, but I disagree with other bits... Firstly with the age of cars, they don't give a stuff about older cars - most cars only last about 12 years and the government is only interested in the mass-market cars that are owned by 95% of the population - the A-B merchants in their Focuses or Astras. You keeping hold of your Lexus is irrelevant when compared to the 3 million older cars that do get scrapped every year. Cars are being bought new all the time and then feed down the second-hand chain, so by steering people away from thirsty new cars (and in the process encouraging manufacturers to produce lower-emission vehicles), over the coming years the emissions of all cars as a whole will be reduced.

The other reason for not taxing older cars more is that it is unfair to people who may be unable to afford to change - and if they made it retrospective, any higher-emissions older vehicle would become worthless ovenight, making it even more expensive to change. Eventually though, those people will change their cars, and will then have to make a choice of keeping high power and paying for it, or choosing a more efficient vehicle.

Soft touch of Europe? Have you been reading the Daily Mail's rants about illegal immigrants being given mansions while the hard-working locals have to live in a scabby council flat paying exorbitant taxes to pay for them? So what if trucks come over with big fuel tanks? UK trucks go abroad too you know... And those foreign trucks are bringing over all those cheap goods piled up in the likes of Tesco, so you and I do benefit from it, just not in ways that are immediately apparent...

and as the chassis number and registration plates are X reg i can just keep paying the

Std Tax

every time i here them (the Politicians) saying we must think of the enviroment it makes me mad

as it has been proved you will not stop global warming EVERYTHING EMMITS CO2 gas

yes even humans.

And i do Believe the Ice caps are melting because we are still coming out the ice age, so mr polictical man from westminster stop the Bull

I think the best way and fair way is charge it on the fuel the more you use the more you pay

Also next time you are driving on a motoway and you see a Lorry from another country,

so they fill up in there own country drive around the UK then drive back without having to put a drop of the UK fuel in there tank, so free use of our roads and no Tax paid why dont they get charged a levey when they enter the UK, like the swiss do to people that want to go through switzerland

Cheers Gordon 2p in the pound back on my income tax but why next April 08, strange how fuel can go up 2p per L in October 07 they can always put up now but give back over a year later

Matt

Some of that is true, but I disagree with other bits... Firstly with the age of cars, they don't give a stuff about older cars - most cars only last about 12 years and the government is only interested in the mass-market cars that are owned by 95% of the population - the A-B merchants in their Focuses or Astras. You keeping hold of your Lexus is irrelevant when compared to the 3 million older cars that do get scrapped every year. Cars are being bought new all the time and then feed down the second-hand chain, so by steering people away from thirsty new cars (and in the process encouraging manufacturers to produce lower-emission vehicles), over the coming years the emissions of all cars as a whole will be reduced.

The other reason for not taxing older cars more is that it is unfair to people who may be unable to afford to change - and if they made it retrospective, any higher-emissions older vehicle would become worthless ovenight, making it even more expensive to change. Eventually though, those people will change their cars, and will then have to make a choice of keeping high power and paying for it, or choosing a more efficient vehicle.

Soft touch of Europe? Have you been reading the Daily Mail's rants about illegal immigrants being given mansions while the hard-working locals have to live in a scabby council flat paying exorbitant taxes to pay for them? So what if trucks come over with big fuel tanks? UK trucks go abroad too you know... And those foreign trucks are bringing over all those cheap goods piled up in the likes of Tesco, so you and I do benefit from it, just not in ways that are immediately apparent...

Mike it is my opinium

Ok i agree with what you are saying ref the cars and to charge a higher tax on an older car will kill the second hand market

but the Soft Touch of Europe is True, as you mention there the Illegal Immigrants get a mansion, and it is mentioned in the daily mail but nothing will get done about it because of the stupid red tape

and i also heard they can claim benefit to buy a car, Do we do anything about it NO, now i think if that was France they would not stand for it they would cause a blockade until the government do somthing about it Remember a politician gets there job because we put them there so why do they always work against us.

Strange that is you say our lorries go abroad whenever i am in Belgium for work (E17 Motoway goes from France to holland) i never see any UK plates on HGVs yes some must travel but not half as much as the foriegn influx from east europe in the UK

and yes Tesco and companies alike are now full of cheap products like

washing machines, fridges and other white electrical goods that cost a lot less than 10 years ago

But only last 1-2 years why because cheap labour and cheap components(from China) are used to assemble them

it was only 2 months ago i took my mom to currys to purchase a washing machine and they had all these brand names there but all made in eastern europe so why buy the most expensive, just buy the cheapest and replace every 2 years

Cheers Mike

Matt

just think more we pay on tax

more ppl are living in our country for free NIIICEEEEEEEE

if it was up to me there would be no such thing as a council house / dole (ALESS u really are fuked n cant work but there would be tests for this lol not ****ty ones, ones ill think up lol)

any way if u dont "feel" like working (half this **** country) u dont get a free house and cash every week YOU LIVE ON THE STREET AND STARVE

i think a few more ppl would get off der lazy asses and work then

way it should be !!!

Road tax for the IS200 Sport will rise to £300 this year and a further rise to £400 next year.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=16052

http://www.smmtco2.co.uk/co2search2.asp

No it wont the is200 is group f not g as the is200 were stopped in 2005 in favour of the 250/220d.

Il repeat what I said earlier

ONLY CARS HIGH ON FUEL CONSUMPTION MADE AFTER MARCH 2006 WILL BE AFFECTED BY THIS NEW RISE

we will have to get all the old cars back out my trans am stays the same as its a 79 and it chucks out more co then most of the cars on here put together has it runs about 3.5 - 4.5 % as the lex runs at 0.00 - 0.20 the most its aloud

or every one need to find some one disabled to get it :D as its free :D

good plan, I'll chop off my left leg and get an automatic!? :D :lol:

Road tax for the IS200 Sport (dont know on the otheres,or care) will rise to £300 this year and a further rise to £400 next year.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=16052

http://www.smmtco2.co.uk/co2search2.asp

Figures quoted are for cars after Mar 2001.

This is my f :tsktsk: g point....an older IS has the same f :tsktsk: g engine spitting out the same amount of C02!!

My tax is due in April to winnie, joy!!! :tsktsk:

easy Kazi! just think of us that are fortunate, it may cheer you up!? :P

and i like the one Ref the Buses you are right how much do they spew out from an old clapped out Daimler 12 cylinder Engine

To be fair, I hate busses but use them daily for work, they are more efficiant (spew out less CO2) per person than a car. cars carry 1-5 people buses carry upto 60ish and very rarely are they empty round here, even in the middle of the day.

Std Tax

yes even humans.

WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKERS WESTMINSTER THE BEST COMEDY HOUSE IN THE UK Wa :tsktsk: RS the lot of um

would be better if it come from the Chuckle Bros

phew glad i got that of me chest

Matt

Luv it Matt - gimme more! :lol:

The thing is : no mater what government, the rot has set in... :yawn:

This save the planet business si the biggest load of B0"LLocks I have ever heard!

The planet has been around longer than us and will be around longer, thre planet has its own way of cleansing it self (maybe natural disasters etc)

So really were just trying to save ourselves from these batural distasters we couldnt give of F&CK about the planet!

USA population approx 300 million, China 1.1 billion and India 1.2 billion and many other countries are chucking out more Co2 then a poxy population of 60 million could ever do, there are much worse polluters then the UK, What does the governent think that we can create a pollution free zone over the UK????

It has to be a global effort or F&UCK it!

Its just another rip off TAX that the government are comming us into beliveing we are saving the planet!

And we are all so F&*CKING stupid that we moan and moan but never take action, but take it right up the arse all the time as a country in whole??????

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links