Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Road Tax Prices

BarneyTT

Anyone shed some light on what the new rises in road tax will mean in general and in particular I'm interested in my 98 LS400?

Haven't heard any details other than the basics.

Anyone shed some light on what the new rises in road tax will mean in general and in particular I'm interested in my 98 LS400?

It wont affect you only new cars in the highest (group G) band group that will go up to 400 quid group f (all is200s) will go up to 200 quid the rest appear to have stayed the same

It wont affect you only new cars in the highest (group G) band group that will go up to 400 quid group f (all is200s) will go up to 200 quid the rest appear to have stayed the same

Do I understand you to mean these price hikes affect cars of a certain age only?

Do I understand you to mean these price hikes affect cars of a certain age only?

There a various different regs on tax in 99 the tax system went from being cc based (above or below a 1.5 i think) to being based on emissions. You being in the pre emissions group wont be effected by the price rise.

Id does take the mick somewhat some guy driving a 99 6 litre lambo will pay 175 quid per year compared to a newer car with a 3 litre engine paying 400 quid per year which is going to be by far better than the lambo just because its newer youl get hit by the rises. It makes me want to sell up and by a 10 year old car

There a various different regs on tax in 99 the tax system went from being cc based (above or below a 1.5 i think) to being based on emissions. You being in the pre emissions group wont be effected by the price rise.

Id does take the mick somewhat some guy driving a 99 6 litre lambo will pay 175 quid per year compared to a newer car with a 3 litre engine paying 400 quid per year which is going to be by far better than the lambo just because its newer youl get hit by the rises. It makes me want to sell up and by a 10 year old car

Thanks.................that's why I asked, couldn't get my head around it for the very reasons/example you have given, talk about unfair. More about money than the planet. Guess this shoots down any dreams I had of a newer LS430, I'm better off sticking with my two older cars. I take it you fall into the newer catagory?

If they wanted this to be fair the road tax should be dumped in favour of it being placed in with petrol...the more you drive, the more you pay, but when have governments ever been fair.

band G is 226g/km and above, the is200 is 233g/km so it is band G :blink:

nope the is tax is 190 pound per year which was group f also the is200 was stopped in 2005 and group g didnt come into play till 2006

only newer cars registerd from april 05 onwards (anyone bought an is250?) will be effected by this rise

band G is 226g/km and above, the is200 is 233g/km so it is band G :blink:

That means the manual IS250 will be in group G and the auto in group F then.

From the Lexus web site:

Manual....CO2 emissions 231

Auto.......CO2 emissions 214

Road tax is so ridiculous and all it seems to pay for are speed bumos and speed traps!!

Soon we'll be paying for having passengers and what shoes you drive in :crying:

Please forward to the DVLA the details of your shoes immediately. As conditioning leather involves using toxic substances (bad for environment) and plastic uses up valuable petro-chemicals, we expect you all to drive in (ecological, local-sourced) woolen socks!

Please note that tyres will soon be phased out in favour of wooden wheels made from approved forests. (As growing rubber means Indonesian forests are being decimated)

Drivers will be asked to brew their own fuel from biomass (Composted waste). Allotments will increase in value!

But Lexus LS400 drivers will be exempt in appreciation of their good taste in cars...... :shifty:

phew!

My thougts to!

What jacks me off, is that an early IS pre March 2001 is in a lower band compared to an after March registered IS. Wheres the sense in that? Their the same engine etc etc....this government just sucks more and more everyday!

How do I know what band mine is in - it's a 99 Aristo and it's not in their system?

..:: Edit ::..

Just seen it only affects cars registered / manufactured after a certain date in 2001, with CO2 figures - mine doesn't have that so guessing it'll cost me an extra fiver a year - I hope so anyway :)

Road tax for the IS200 Sport (dont know on the otheres,or care) will rise to £300 this year and a further rise to £400 next year.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=16052

http://www.smmtco2.co.uk/co2search2.asp

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/search/vedSearch.asp

Figures quoted are for cars after Mar 2001.

Page 185 Of the Budget 2007 Document (downloaded from BBC)

Part 7.78

As with fuel duty rates, the Government today announces VED rates for this year and

the next two years to further sharpen environmental signals to motorists to purchase more

fuel efficient vehicles and continue to support the development of low-carbon market,

including:

• raising the rate for the most polluting cars (band G) to £300 in 2007-08 and

£400 in 2008-09; and reducing the rate for low-carbon band B cars to £35 in

2007-08, with that rate then frozen for the subsequent two years;

• raising the rates for graduated bands C-E, cars registered before 2001 and all

light goods vehicles by £5 in each of the next three years;

• raising the rates for graduated band F by £10 in 2007-08, then £5 in each of

the subsequent two years;

• in 2007-08 only, freezing the rates for motorbikes in the lower band with

higher bands increasing by £1-£2; and freezing VED rates for Heavy Goods

Vehicles (HGV), Special Types Vehicles, Combined Transport Vehicles and all

vehicle categories that are linked to the basic goods rate;7 and

• aligning the VED rates for petrol and diesel cars as the differential in nitrogen

oxides and particulate matter emissions for new cars is expected to fall to

close to zero once Euro V and VI emission standards become mandatory.

• Changes to this year’s VED rates take effect from 22 March 2007. All changes

in subsequent years take effect from licenses commencing 1 April in the

respective year.

Road tax for the IS200 Sport (dont know on the otheres,or care) will rise to £300 this year and a further rise to £400 next year.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=16052

http://www.smmtco2.co.uk/co2search2.asp

Figures quoted are for cars after Mar 2001.

This is my f :tsktsk: g point....an older IS has the same f :tsktsk: g engine spitting out the same amount of C02!!

My tax is due in April to winnie, joy!!! :tsktsk:

we will have to get all the old cars back out my trans am stays the same as its a 79 and it chucks out more co then most of the cars on here put together has it runs about 3.5 - 4.5 % as the lex runs at 0.00 - 0.20 the most its aloud

or every one need to find some one disabled to get it :D as its free :D

So i am Driving a IS200sport registered Oct2000 so i should not be affected

so what i should do is just have the car restored rather than buy a new one,

and as the chassis number and registration plates are X reg i can just keep paying the

Std Tax

and i Love this NEW word from all the parties GREEN TAX

every time i here them (the Politicians) saying we must think of the enviroment it makes me mad

as it has been proved you will not stop global warming EVERYTHING EMMITS CO2 gas

yes even humans.

And i do Believe the Ice caps are melting because we are still coming out the ice age, so mr polictical man from westminster stop the Bull

The Tax on Cars Bikes vans Lorries has never been fair

Why should i pay the same amount as a person that is driving around allday long

i travel to and from work 40ish miles a day

they can drive around all day long and it is the same tax that is never right

I think the best way and fair way is charge it on the fuel the more you use the more you pay

Also next time you are driving on a motoway and you see a Lorry from another country,

just take a look at the size of the fuel tank 2/3 times the size of a UK HGV

so they fill up in there own country drive around the UK then drive back without having to put a drop of the UK fuel in there tank, so free use of our roads and no Tax paid why dont they get charged a levey when they enter the UK, like the swiss do to people that want to go through switzerland

WE ARE THE SOFT TOUCH OF EUROPE

Cheers Gordon 2p in the pound back on my income tax but why next April 08, strange how fuel can go up 2p per L in October 07 they can always put up now but give back over a year later

but i guess by next April N.I will go up by 3p.

WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKERS WESTMINSTER THE BEST COMEDY HOUSE IN THE UK Wa :tsktsk: RS the lot of um

would be better if it come from the Chuckle Bros

phew glad i got that of me chest

Matt

No mention of the fuel burnt by ships, someone give me an example.........this is tons per journey not gallons!!

This hike has nothing to do with global warming it's just another tax........

The Green [ with envy] lobby are out to get 4x4's and the like........and this goverment is cashing in on it.

The same old story, tax upon tax........pretend to give you something with one hand and quickly take more back with the other..... :angry:

So i am Driving a IS200sport registered Oct2000 so i should not be affected

so what i should do is just have the car restored rather than buy a new one,

and as the chassis number and registration plates are X reg i can just keep paying the

Std Tax

and i Love this NEW word from all the parties GREEN TAX

every time i here them (the Politicians) saying we must think of the enviroment it makes me mad

as it has been proved you will not stop global warming EVERYTHING EMMITS CO2 gas

yes even humans.

And i do Believe the Ice caps are melting because we are still coming out the ice age, so mr polictical man from westminster stop the Bull

The Tax on Cars Bikes vans Lorries has never been fair

Why should i pay the same amount as a person that is driving around allday long

i travel to and from work 40ish miles a day

they can drive around all day long and it is the same tax that is never right

I think the best way and fair way is charge it on the fuel the more you use the more you pay

Also next time you are driving on a motoway and you see a Lorry from another country,

just take a look at the size of the fuel tank 2/3 times the size of a UK HGV

so they fill up in there own country drive around the UK then drive back without having to put a drop of the UK fuel in there tank, so free use of our roads and no Tax paid why dont they get charged a levey when they enter the UK, like the swiss do to people that want to go through switzerland

WE ARE THE SOFT TOUCH OF EUROPE

Cheers Gordon 2p in the pound back on my income tax but why next April 08, strange how fuel can go up 2p per L in October 07 they can always put up now but give back over a year later

but i guess by next April N.I will go up by 3p.

WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKERS WESTMINSTER THE BEST COMEDY HOUSE IN THE UK Wa :tsktsk: RS the lot of um

would be better if it come from the Chuckle Bros

phew glad i got that of me chest

Matt

Well said totally agree with you