Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official Fix For Rattling 250's

Lexus Newcastle fixed all rattles whilst my Sport was in for its 10,000 service - it took them less than a day to sort them out :) - they have told me that dealers do now have an "official fix" and that they are confident that it is a permanent one (here's hoping)

It does, however, mean that the dash has to come out - but credit to Newcastle - everything is back in place as it should be.

If anyone is putting up with the noises get down to your dealer and demand a fix.

Lexus Newcastle fixed all rattles whilst my Sport was in for its 10,000 service - it took them less than a day to sort them out :) - they have told me that dealers do now have an "official fix" and that they are confident that it is a permanent one (here's hoping)

It does, however, mean that the dash has to come out - but credit to Newcastle - everything is back in place as it should be.

If anyone is putting up with the noises get down to your dealer and demand a fix.

I agree - mine has had the high density foam and it is not 100%, it is gradually getting worse. SO mine may be going in within the next few months.

I just worry - 2 more years and the warranty is out. I may or not keep the car, but some poor b :tsktsk: r will buy it... :o

I agree - mine has had the high density foam and it is not 100%, it is gradually getting worse. SO mine may be going in within the next few months.

I just worry - 2 more years and the warranty is out. I may or not keep the car, but some poor b :tsktsk: r will buy it... :o

Am I not right in saying though that any change made under warranty is covered for a year if done at the end of the warranty. if this is true then if you keep making them aware of the issue it will be covered for a longer period.

Where about is this place in UK??

Haven't you heard about the Nissan factory located in Washington?

It's a town situated midway between Sunderland and Newcastle - I nail my colours to the former by the way. :blush:

Obviously the car is totally rattle free now but its only been 2 days since the fix was carried out - I'll keep the site posted.

Am I not right in saying though that any change made under warranty is covered for a year if done at the end of the warranty. if this is true then if you keep making them aware of the issue it will be covered for a longer period.

I always thought it was 3 years from manufacture, unless a new component is fitted of a different make. Then the supplier/manufactuerer warranties it, but even then it's a tad dubious. Different suppliers apply these rules differently.

In my old car, the Sony Sat Nav went faulty after 8 months. The unit was replaced by Becker (who made the Sony system) and it was specifically only guaranteed until the original 12 months was up, and the supplier gave that toi me in writing. On the other hand, when my Netgear router was found to be faulty after 11 months, PC world replaced with a CISCO/Linksys one for full 12 months from when they changed it.

In the case of applying foam or WD40, I doubt it'll be anything more than goodwill, and totally negotiable! I'm sure of this, else G1 IS owners would still be getting new alloys every 6 months!

i no what you mean jambo,i have had mine 4 months its been back twice for rattles, its ok for the first couple of weeks and then a new one starts,i find myself turning down the stereo listening for new ones.

Si - and your's is one of the newer ones?

I've stopped turning the stereo down now to listen to new rattles. I do the opposite, turn it up :lol:

The car tends to creak when accelerating, really strange, and totally intermittent. It sounds like a wooden barge rocking at sea :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links