Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Logo On Reg Plate

imi

Lexus Logo Reg Plate

I have just bought a private reg plate for my IS ;) ;) , while browsing the LOC Gallery i saw the above reg plate with the Lexus logo on it...

Has anyone got an idea if this is available from the dealers or will i have to get a similar logo created?? :huh::huh:

Thanks...

You might like to checkout:-

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_number_plates.htm#21

Can other symbols (e.g. national flag, football team crest) be used on number plates?

The Government announced on 28 December 2001 the intention to permit the display of national flags and symbols on vehicle number plates.When the regulations are amended they will provide for the voluntary display of the Union flag, Scottish Saltire, Cross of St George and Red Dragon. Football team crests etc are not allowed.

Lexus Logo Reg Plate

I have just bought a private reg plate for my IS ;) ;) , while browsing the LOC Gallery i saw the above reg plate with the Lexus logo on it...

Has anyone got an idea if this is available from the dealers or will i have to get a similar logo created?? :huh::huh:

Thanks...

I did some custom plates myself - I got the Lexus logo and decals from the website, and resized them to spec on a high-res colour laser printer at my work.

I then got the lettering specs from Halfords (sizes) and laid out the plates in a DTP program, and then gave a mate at Halfords the layout to copy. I adjusted the letter spacing to make sure they were DVLA legal, whilst ensuring they looked great. I even ordered custom plate sizes as I have an Altezza front bumper and the carbon-fibre rear plate trim at the back, so the plates are non-standard sizes.

Put Lexus logo at the top of each plate, then at the bottom where there is normally a dealer name, it says 'IS200 Altezza'. They came out great. I thought about creating the logo as a stencil and having gold behind the lettering as in that picture, but I thought it would look tarnished after a while, so just used a gold-ish yellow from the colour printer :)

I'll post some pics later if I get a chance.

Asam

Just looked through the info on the DVLA site...........and

They can WITHDRAW your No Plate if its illegal :yawn:

Liked the bit about the makers having to put their name and post code on the plate too!

So Imi, did you get a plate for your name or the car?

So Imi, did you get a plate for your name or the car?

I got the plate with my surname, i couldn't get hold of a plate for my nick name, also the name goes for me and my dad who drives the car now and then...

The reg plate design i was looking for something with the Lexus Logo instead of GB,

i am de-badging the car as some vandal nicked the (L) logo off my boot lid n took the IS 200 sign, (which i found on the floor), but in the process of this they scratched the boot lid where the logos were :megaangry: now it's booked in Sat Morning at my mates garage who's goona sort out the boot lid... (not costing ought tho :P :P )

Great links to plate vendors, thanks.

Halfords couldn't even get the letters straight on my plates... :sad:

I find it strange that the DVLA are being so uptight about plate vendors - apparantly companies have to be registered to supply plates - but it seems so pointless as it would be so easily bypassed by those inclined to do so (car-ringers). Having to show proof of ownership of the registration mark? Putting the postcode of the plate vendor on the plate itself? hmmm, very 'secure' I'm sure.

Anyhow I'm not even sure my Lexus dealer supplied plates are /totally/ legal as they include Lexus logos and their website URL :)

Meanwhile, here's a way to get extra Lexus references on your plate that's certainly legal (as it involves paying a little extra tax :nuke: )... There was a recent registration auction and I just checked how the Lexus registrations went:

LEX 200S £800 :ohmy:

and

LEX 100N £300 (good investment if Lexus decide to introduce a shopping trolley variant :)

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/custom/listings2...s&searchfor=lex

Cheers,

Nige

Prices arnt too bad from the auction. Be a lot more private i would think.

LEX L00N ...........lol.........only just thought about it.

I see LEX 11S has a reserve of 1700

LEX 11S

Yeah, this is where the DVLA are on dodgy ground...

They bang on about how the registrations must not be misrepresented but then offer plates like that for auction with a high reserve, knowing that they are encouraging someone to use it with a meaningfully placed black screw head...

LEX I.IS

Nige

Yeah it would be tempting to put the screw there.........or to put an extra space in

LEX 1 IS

What do you think of the prices the others are going at?........investment or just fun?

I looked at getting my initials or lex on a plate and they were starting at 500 anyway. :unsure:

I wouldn't consider it an investment though I think you could get lucky.

I also think that some of the later prefix plates will start going up in value once they are put on cars that can't be that age. For instance, it's possible to have a X reg IS200, but in the future,

when you come to put that same plate on a IS 430 ;-) it'll be increasingly obvious that it isn't really an X reg and the true age of the vehicle is hidden - therefore the plate will have greater value in hiding the true age of the car.

Other than that, you'll need to get lucky and anticipate a new model range name (or some such) that is in an available plate (e.g. X5 regs must have gone up in value in recent years).

I also think that increased affluence means that more and more people are buying private plates, increasing demand, and

therefore prices.

As IS 200s are (basically) unchanged over the years, it's possible to hide the age of the car for the casual observer. You can't put a reg on a car that was issued after the car's registration, but you can put a reg on that was issued before the model was introduced, therefore hiding the age.

Cheers

Nige

As IS 200s are (basically) unchanged over the years, it's possible to hide the age of the car for the casual observer. You can't put a reg on a car that was issued after the car's registration, but you can put a reg on that was issued before the model was introduced, therefore hiding the age.

Cheers

Nige

Like my 'K' plate IS200 :whistling:

No, it really is over a decade old, just that it time travels :)

:alien:

theres an L400 M**(to protect the innocent)Lexus :unsure: going around the bracknell area i happened to follow 2 times last week........Anyone know ?

I'll give a wave next time

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links