Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid/xenon

Has anyone converted the IS200headlights to Xenon? (for those who don’t have Xenon as standard) with a aftermarket kit!

I got some Phillips blue vision bulbs, which I was hoping would give a little Xenon effect!! Not very impressed tho.

Decided to get the real thing now, I know there is a issue around the Auto-leveling! But still want 2 get xenon’s. any idea of how much it costs ? read something about the Xenon bulbs not fitting the halogen units!!

I think this topic has been discussed b 4, sorry if im repeating it again!

I have PIAA Xtreme whites, which are direct replacements for the standard bulbs, and require no additional hardware.

(Rodders_UK has them too)

They cost about £60 a pair, but I'll in my opinion, you'll get nothing closer to HID.

Perhaps Johnny-Boy or Zee007, can comment, they saw my headlights at night, and they thought I had HIDS.

See here for more info.

PIAA Xtreme Whites

I have PIAA Xtreme whites, which are direct replacements for the standard bulbs, and require no additional hardware.

They cost about £60 a pair, but I'll in my opinion, you'll get nothing closer to HID.

Perhaps Johnny-Boy or Zee007, can comment, they saw my headlights at night, and they thought I had HIDS.

See here for more info.

PIAA Xtreme Whites

Yep - Gord's bulbs are ace......... as close to HID without being HID. I had my lights on next to his (I have Bluevisions) and the difference was unbelievable...... B)

Yep - Gord's bulbs are ace......... as close to HID without being HID. I had my lights on next to his (I have Bluevisions) and the difference was unbelievable...... B)

Zee ...

You saw the Sporty HID vs Morph Super Plazma thing @ jae didn't you.

Can you remember well enough to compare the PIAA with morphs lamps ?

Pretty similar i spose ...

And Gordy, what did you use before PIAA ?

L8rz

Yep - Gord's bulbs are ace......... as close to HID without being HID.  I had my lights on next to his (I have Bluevisions) and the difference was unbelievable......  B)

Zee ...

You saw the Sporty HID vs Morph Super Plazma thing @ jae didn't you.

Can you remember well enough to compare the PIAA with morphs lamps ?

Pretty similar i spose ...

And Gordy, what did you use before PIAA ?

L8rz

hhhhmmmmmmmmmm...........

Good question that......... I would say Gords are whiter - clearer. But Morphs were more HID kinda tint. Still bright but different bright......... what the **** am I talking about........

Can't remember...... :blush:

I went from PIAA extreme whites (the best non HID you can buy IMHO) to a direct HID replacement.

I got them from HERE and from memory were around £350.

Took less than half an hour to fit both and I'm extremely pleased with the results. B)

One thing you must be aware of is dazzling on-coming drivers. I tend to leave the height adjuster on 1 or 1.5 unless the road's empty. :o

Remember it will fail an MOT but to temporarily replace the original bulbs will take about 5 mins. :whistling:

See here for more info.

PIAA Xtreme Whites

I bought the PIAA Exteme White side light bulbs (W5W) and I'm pretty disappointed with them. They look blue not white! I fitted them to a car with HID and they really don't match at all. I emailed PIAA asking if any of the other bulbs they sell would be a closer match to HID but they didn't respond.

If you can pay via credit card, and be quick about it, you can get in on the PIAA wipers Group buy.

See Here

Ricky, no one ever said the PIAA xtreme white's MATCH the colour of HID's, therefore I would expect nothing less than the two to appear a different colour side by side.

You can't compare PIAA's Xtreme Whites side by side to HID's. They're no match. HID's are the business.

But you'll NOT achieve a closer non HID, than the Xtreme whites. Read PIAA's site, that's exactly what they say.

With regard to the other PIAA Platinum and Super Whites, these are just different colour temperature bulbs with slightly less output than the Xtreme whites, hence their cheaper price.

If you want the best, then get the HID upgrade, pay the £350+ and be happy that you have the best.

But if you want the next best thing, that fits directly in your car, with no additional hardware, that would need a light meter to tell the difference in output between them and HID's, then there's curently no better alternative.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links