Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boosted Is200...

had a strong feeling the clutch was going to be cooked by the amount of new torque. spoke with steve a minuite ago and confirmed it. so back to steves on monday for the uprated clutch etc then back to noble to be finished. should of really put the clutch in it first but wanted to do it myself to save money but thats out the window lol.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in what clutch too.

I was in talks with SPEC in the USA about there clutches for the is200 after drift works boys raving about them so much, it wasnt to bad to get one shipped over, i'll see if i've still got the emails and prices. Im getting a stage 3+ for the 1JZ conversion so will be able to feedback afterwards

clutch is on order, should have the car back at charlesworth tomorow to fit. then back to be finished and have the boost increased to a bar.... spoke with charlesworth earlier today and was told the car made 270bhp@flywheel so could look forward to having it back this weekend perhaps.

also does anyone know the usual percentage of power lost in the drivetrain? would like to know the power at the tarmac.

They cant get it from the fly unless the engine is out. the Dyno auto estimates the losses thats all.

Where did you get the exedy clutch from?

What rating was it?

My clutch appears to be on its way but Helix dont seem to want my custom and arent replying to emails.

Stav

They cant get it from the fly unless the engine is out. the Dyno auto estimates the losses thats all.

Where did you get the exedy clutch from?

What rating was it?

My clutch appears to be on its way but Helix dont seem to want my custom and arent replying to emails.

Stav

steve has sourced it, il ask him next time we speak mate.

also does anyone know the usual percentage of power lost in the drivetrain? would like to know the power at the tarmac.

good method is the following

although the flywheel figure can only be a calculation of the wheel figure :whistling:

FWD cars - add 10 bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.9

RWD cars - add 10 bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.88

4WD cars - add 10bhp to the wheel figure and divide the result by 0.84

To estimate the expected wheel bhp from a known flywheel bhp just reverse the equations

FWD - multiply flywheel power by 0.9 and then deduct a further 10 bhp

RWD - multiply flywheel power by 0.88 and then deduct a further 10 bhp

4WD - multiply flywheel power by 0.84 and then deduct a further 10 bhp

so at 270 you would be looking at 227 wheel hp

nice, cant wait.

its having the clutch and back to be finished at noble on tuesday, so next week i reckon :D. should make over 300bhp@flywheel with any luck.

Fingers are crossed for you mate, i thought when you said 2 weeks at the begining you where being a littel optimistic Lol

nice, cant wait.

its having the clutch and back to be finished at noble on tuesday, so next week i reckon :D. should make over 300bhp@flywheel with any luck.

Fingers are crossed for you mate, i thought when you said 2 weeks at the begining you where being a littel optimistic Lol

haha yeah too true.

Doesn't sound too gd mate, hope you get it back soon, so you can take me for a spin ;)

i havent forgot :shifty: lol

spoke with steve earlier today, cars back with him... clutch is going in as we speak.... hes said the car is smoking quite a bit from the turbo but the turbo seems fine, hes just checking the return feed and seels..... also told me he took it up the road and back and it went like stink! lol cant wait :D

possiblity for next week now, once its run in i cant wait to open up the taps and see how well it goes.

Doesn't sound too gd mate, hope you get it back soon, so you can take me for a spin ;)

i havent forgot :shifty: lol

spoke with steve earlier today, cars back with him... clutch is going in as we speak.... hes said the car is smoking quite a bit from the turbo but the turbo seems fine, hes just checking the return feed and seels..... also told me he took it up the road and back and it went like stink! lol cant wait :D

possiblity for next week now, once its run in i cant wait to open up the taps and see how well it goes.

Good..............take care though as will be xxxxxxx quick :whistling:

Edited by Bazza

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links