Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Replacing Std Seats With Recaros - Any Done Similar

I have an is200 sportcross........decent enough car but seats are not very supportive. Its a 53 reg and they are electric, heated and have airbags in the side.

I have done a few searches without digging up much info.

Has anyone actually replaced these seats with an aftermarket seat? I have a set of mitsu evo seats lying around at the moment...

Issues that immediately spring to mind -

• Not found anyone listing subframes for lexus (have seen post in forum about some japanese website that lists MO or RO frames for toyota I think. Any UK suppliers? Anyone know any others? Anyone know dimensions for the seat mountings so I can compare with the evo seats?
  • Will the airbag light be on it the one in the seat is not connected?

Thanks, Ade

why would anyone even consider getting rid of electric, heated, comfy seats?

because I have manual non heated seats :P :lol:

I had too. The ones I've got now are loads more comfortable and hold you in when flying around corners

Thanks for contributing..........shame we've not come up with definite solution yet though!

Looks like I'm going to have to find the time to take a seat out to discover whats underneath and if theres any chance of adapting one to the other.

As for why replacing the electric/heated/comfy seats - have you ever tried hustling your car round a bend or two? The lack of lateral support in the seats is scary and just means you are hanging onto the steering wheel - that's not what it's there for!

Any ideas on what effect unplugging the seat airbag from the system will have?

Rgds, Ade

Agree lexus is not a sports car - definitely more a cruiser. Having said that I drive 500ish miles a week in mine and would appreciate not feeling like I'm balanced on the seat rather than being held in it......years of driving far sportier cars has obviously spoilt me! Also not helped by driving my impreza RA and 205 rally car at the weekends....

Thanks for the tip on the airbag light monster mat - good to know asolution to that problem exists.

Rgds, Ade

easy mate

buy yourself some bride seat rails and you can bolt them right in absolutely no problem. Bolt the seats to the rails, rails to the floor. I have a supplier that can help you out... about 250au for bride super low seat rail... will sit abot 5cm lower than stock which is fantastic... and much safer in a side impact accident.

and then a TRD airbag light canceller to stop the blinking light

I've got integra type-r recaros in my car... any more details ask me i'm happy to help my english lexus brothers

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links