Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Monster......

bloofire

as for it running, well it was only running a little while, but did sound good..the work so far looks excellent....big thumbs up to Simon, Mark says it should be ready in 3 weeks................ :driving:

:shutit: :whistling:

if i was Matt, id ask whats been done the last few weeks, or is it a year, nope not a year

16 months :blink: , in all honety, can you really justify 16+ months, even doing a bit on the side.

i know it sounds like im just stirring, but as a person in the trade myself, it seems a very strange way to promote the way you run your business.

I can only assume you have kept the owner fully informed all the way through this conversion, for him to be happy to allow it to take so long, must be getting a fantastic deal.

HMMMMMMMM

will be amazing all the same to see this car on the road, hmmmmmm, ive said that a few times in this topic.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as for it running, well it was only running a little while, but did sound good..the work so far looks excellent....big thumbs up to Simon, Mark says it should be ready in 3 weeks................ :driving:

:shutit: :whistling:

if i was Matt, id ask whats been done the last few weeks, or is it a year, nope not a year

16 months :blink: , in all honety, can you really justify 16+ months, even doing a bit on the side.

i know it sounds like im just stirring, but as a person in the trade myself, it seems a very strange way to promote the way you run your business.

I can only assume you have kept the owner fully informed all the way through this conversion, for him to be happy to allow it to take so long, must be getting a fantastic deal.

HMMMMMMMM

will be amazing all the same to see this car on the road, hmmmmmm, ive said that a few times in this topic.

well mr spyshot , not sure who you are but.....

you are not mat !!!

i am sure that mr tdi has kept mat informed of what exactly he has been doing

i am sure mat has full knowledge of what is happening to his car

for someone in the trade you of all people should be able to understand why this project has over run just a bit !! me not being in the trade , well i just accept that this is a totally one off experiment and that it is probably bigger than mr tdi ever imagined it would be !, i imagine it was a bit too much one off for his liking too !

at the end of the day we are just bystanders watching this project happen, ok it is taking a tadge longer than everyone was hoping for, alright a lot longer !! but i am sure that there has been uninmaginal problems that mr tdi has had to cope with, being short staffed certainly cant have helped, but it will be finished one day, and i am sure that the financial cicumstances will be in favour of mat and not tdi, as this project was never about making money ;) ...was it ??

:)

Spyshot, please revert to my previous answer to that last time you poked your nose in. The answer is still the same.

Perhaps you should leave it to Mat to take up any issues he has with us if he is unhappy.

I think if your going to make a project like this public, then you should equally be open to praise and questioning of your actions.

I am fully aware the undertakings that something like this involves, but all i have read over the past 16 months is, good progress interposed with ".....a lull ", "....just need to do this"

we have been waiting for the ecu "problem" to be done since march.

well done anyway, i hope to see the car one day, meet you Mark, Simon and Matt.

i may just take the time of work and come to this meet Zee refers to.

would it be ready?

on a final note, maybe Matt does have issues, i doubt he would post them publically though, Would you?

all the best. :winky:

i have confidence it will be done soon.........i hope :)

I think if your going to make a project like this public, then you should equally be open to praise and questioning of your actions.

that is true, but i think the only quibble is the time taken

well done anyway, i hope to see the car one day, meet you Mark, Simon and Matt.

i may just take the time of work and come to this meet Zee refers to.

will be nice to meet you aswell...........errr, mr spyshot :crybaby:

mark

how are you going to get that nice cool air to feed into those filters

looks pretty tight, and i presume it will need lots

i would imagine there will be a bit more heat build up now, ;)

mark

Hi Barrie, you are absolutely right in that a lot of cold air will be beneficial.

Mat has said that he has something in mind for this which hasn't been shared with us yet ;)

mark

Can the cold air be taken from say...the drivers vent by the "A" pillar to run from the air con?

That'll be nice and cold :)

mark

i would imagine there will be a bit more heat build up now,  ;)

Can the cold air be taken from say...the drivers vent by the "A" pillar to run from the air con?

it doesnt flow at over 100mph though pete

mark

it doesnt flow at over 100mph though pete

What if it had its own pipe going into a box then?.

i really dont see where the suggestions are going

the car will have sufficient cool airflow , it has an Intercooler the size of a Manchester council estate, why do i need to use the cars aircon system for anything other than an Aircon system.

the idea i have for an increased airflow, is for show and strip work only, other than that i have no quarms about the ability of the HKS dual filters to pluck air from our great atmosphere

as for increased heat build up, i have that covered aswell (or uncovered as it may be)

my remark stemmed from the problems of feeding the inducted s/charged IS200 filter with air scoops, due to the lack of cool air entering the area of filtration

my thoughts were, with 2 filters to feed, the problem must escalate somewhat

mark

Hi Barrie, you are absolutely right in that a lot of cold air will be beneficial.

Mat has said that he has something in mind for this which hasn't been shared with us yet ;)

WHAT? Mat even keep sercert from you too Mark??........hehehe :lol::lol::lol::whistling::whistling:

Six weeks to JAE  :o

Hmmmmmmmmm, and ive still goto get the car back here.fit all the new parts i have, de-register it, and re-register it in the UK.................... :question::question:

think u will be pi$$ing in the wind with that one mat.. no way you going to ecieve the car in a finished state in 6 weeks.

but then again i might be wrong :whistling: ;)

WELL THERE WILL BE ALOT OF ANNOYED PEOPLE, AND MIFFED PEEPS............

Several people were assured at last years JAE it would be ready soon.......ive had 4 magazines waiting over a year now to feature the car :excl:

i spoke to mark the other day, he said that by the end of next week he should be able to give me a completion date..............

id like to think so

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links