Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

some git has removed the boot badge from my car and in the process has left a 3 or four deep scrathes.

The scratches are about 2 - 3cm in length, and go through to the primer and looks like metal work too.

No point calling police cause they aint ever going to find who did it. Also I reckon my insurance excess is 500.

What's the best way going about getting the scratches repaired?

Should I ring up a lexus dealer - would they just farm the work out to a body shop anyway?

Seriously why would anyone wnat a blinkin lexus badge.

At the same time looks like they tried to nick the tyre caps again.

sorry to hear this, little sh*ts!

are there dents with the scratches?

Any kind of body repair is expensive, I recently had my boot resprayed and it cost me £200 and took 3days.

Best bet is to go round bodyshops and get quotes, take a look at the work to see if its up to a standard you like.

some git has removed the boot badge from my car and in the process has left a 3 or four deep scrathes.

The scratches are about 2 - 3cm in length, and go through to the primer and looks like metal work too.

No point calling police cause they aint ever going to find who did it. Also I reckon my insurance excess is 500.

Should I ring up a lexus dealer - would they just farm the work out to a body shop anyway?

I Know how you feel,had my boot keyed (while it was on my drive :offtopic: ) went to chips away they said the all boot would have to be resprayed,so took it Lexus. Cost £300 but nice job,cheaper than paying my excess of £500, would rather pay a little extra and have a good job done,don't get me wrong chips away are great for most repairs,I had some work done on my old is200 by them and it was great.

I ordered my IS 250 and after it had everything put on it i went to collect it and in my stupidity didn't notice that the rear boot lid only had the L Lexus logo on it and the Lexus wording together with the IS 250 were indeed missing.

I rang the dealer and told them and they ordered the badges. I went to the dealer 2 days later and watched them replace the badges. The Lexus wording has 2 holes in the boot and is also adhesive and the IS 250 has 2 also.

I examined the boot prior to replacing the badges and there were no marks or scratches. Who or how they got them off is a mystery but Lexus failed to examine the vehicle prior to my collection so didn't dispute what i was saying. I was of course telling the truth.

I still have the wrappers that the emblems came in.

I have the Lexus anti theft tyre valves also, and the solid chrome valve stems. I have seen children trying to take them but just watch incase they try and scratch the car.

If any paint repair work is to be carried to the vehicle i would strongly suggest that Lexus do it and it not go through insurance. Chips away or the other variants of names that do the same job are a patch up job only and you can still see the existing marks made so you may as well get it to showroom condition and it never be noticed.

Again ALL the above my experiences / opinions.

There is a national Lexus price for doing paintwork. However if you ask your local Lexus dealer nicely who the approved Lexus Paintshop lis locally, you can approach them as an individual.

My next door neighbour hit my rear bumper with her Merc whilst parking. I obtained a quote from my Lexus Dealer for £297 for respraying the whole bumper. Now as my neighbour is in the motor trade she thought this was rather high she approached the Lexus approved sprayshop direct and managed to save abpprox £180 that the dealership would just add on for handling the job. Makes sense to try and gert the work done by the approved Lexus paintshop but without the excessive overhead of the dealership.

Best of luck, my IS250 is 11 months old now and has had the whole of the nearside respayed thanks to some a**hole with a rock, and the offside rear door due to a paint fault from new.

The approved paintshop has done all of this work very well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links