Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Discs And Pads Fitted.

Rikos

I had my discs and pads fitted on Saturday with a huge helping hand from Aaron. Thank you mate.

We had a bit of trouble getting a couple of bolts of (thankyou Aarons dad) and also took a few wacks to get the discs off but all sorted now. No more shuddering when braking and hopefully when they've bedded in they'll be nice and sharp.

Only thing is the front drivers side front bake makes a rubbing noise, not loud and cant hear eat outside the car. I had the wheel off last night and couldnt see anything. Any ideas anyone? or is it just the new brakes settling in or something?

What type did you go for?

It could be the splash plate behind the disc rubbing slightly...I had a rubbing noise when I had mine done, (front and rears) i put it down to the rears, they did bed in...nice and quiet now :)

Not hard at all, couple of the bolts where on a bit tight but apart from that was fine. Took about an hour for the first one as we were taking our time and got stuck with the bolts and getting the disc off but the second one took about 15 mins to swap over.

I had my discs and pads fitted on Saturday with a huge helping hand from Aaron. Thank you mate.

We had a bit of trouble getting a couple of bolts of (thankyou Aarons dad) and also took a few wacks to get the discs off but all sorted now. No more shuddering when braking and hopefully when they've bedded in they'll be nice and sharp.

Only thing is the front drivers side front bake makes a rubbing noise, not loud and cant hear eat outside the car. I had the wheel off last night and couldnt see anything. Any ideas anyone? or is it just the new brakes settling in or something?

hi buddy,

just whip a little more copper grease on the underneath the calliper pistons(where they meet the pads) its just when the brakes are new there trying to sort themselves out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links