Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got Accepted On Uni Course

Ellz

Well after the last couple of years just working not really going forward in a career i thought what should i do. I went for police force a couple of years back and just missed out by 3% on the day away with the writen papers, role play and interview, bit of a bummer but ho hum.

So about 2-3 months ago starting looking into mechanics courses, found out that a few places were starting to do a foundation degree in motorsport, and a place just down the road from me (North Brook College) based at shoreham airport and worthing (if any of you know the area)

So went along to the opening evening in July and they had only just been signed off on the course as it was so new, so signed up as it sounded pretty good.

Just heard yesterday that I've got a place, gotta go along today and fill out paper work etc

As its a motorsport degree its quite heavily based on maths and physics to do with aerodynamics, chassis etc etc. We will be using mclarens carbon fibre sections up at there Woking plant which i can wait to have a sniff round. We'll also be working with some of the other courses to prepare a couple of Pug 306 rally cars and a little single seater race car, then go racing at weekends. Cant bloomin wait.

just found this on the woking plant looks like a space station lol

http://www.mclarencars.com/company/woking.htm

Just gotta go and dust off all the old books and calculators as i think the next 2-3 years will be pretty intense.

Gotta say im pretty pleased and hopefully i can now start towards a good career :D

fantastic news !!

and you will be working on puggy`s :lol:

i will know who to call then ......................as long as you get rid of the grinder :winky:

Yeah i think they are the exact same ones as your IIRC which is a shame lolol just in white with some graphics down the side, i'll grind yours up all day if you let me im sure its the best thing for it LoL

Will you be able to fit in a single seater? You are quite lanky, IIRC.

Congrats by the way!

Yeah i dont think i'd fit in it being 6ft 6, not really 100% sure who races what i'll be finding out later got lost of question to ask :)

thanks for the kind words ppl, deffo wnat to go into something along these lines, we've got some top bloke who helped write the bulk of the FIA F1 rulings, which there pleased with as he can get us in pretty much anywhere, think i first outing is to donnington to find out about tire technology, cant wait :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links