Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Will Launch The 5-litre Is F In Japan On 25 December

garethr

http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/news/07/1004.html

The IS F is a Lexus "F" premium sports car based on the concept of proposing a new level of performance for Lexus through a refinement of basic performance with the addition of new cruising technology. The vehicle was developed to pursue, to the fullest extent possible, the "joy of driving" — which is one of the fundamental appeals of the automobile — by responding reliably and performing as intended.

Based on the IS series, the IS F boasts a completely new engine and transmission, an exclusive suspension and specially selected aluminum wheels and tires. The vehicle was tested extensively on race circuits in Japan and overseas, including Fuji Speedway, in order to demonstrate its full potential. Detailed attention to the responsiveness of the acceleration, gear shifting, steering and brakes, as well as to the actual experience of quality (such as engine sound and the sensation of acceleration), has created a new type of driving pleasure — not just for the driver but for passengers as well — thus expressing the emotional appeal of the Lexus brand.

* Based on the idea of creating a vehicle that can run on various types of roads, the vehicle was extensively tested on race circuits, including Higashifuji Technical Center and Fuji Speedway. The "F" in the IS F name comes from the "F" in "Fuji Speedway".

7,660,000 YEN is about 32k!!!

Now, if it was actually that price I'd be outside my local dealer in a sleeping bag to get one... somehow I think its going to be closer to the M3's 55k!

32,000.00 GBP = 46,198.26 EUR :crying:

thats what a basic IS250 costs over here = IS250 4 dr Saloon Manual € 46,650 , no chance in hell of getting an F so.... :(

7,660,000 YEN is about 32k!!!

Now, if it was actually that price I'd be outside my local dealer in a sleeping bag to get one... somehow I think its going to be closer to the M3's 55k!

It's around the same price in the U.S. $65K for the IS-F = £31,863 at todays exchange rate slightly less than I paid for my IS250 SE-L with MM in the UK :angry:

IS250 to top spec in the U.S is available for $35K....£17,157

IS350 to top spec in the U.S is available for $42K....£20,588

......and it's all mostly down to tax again :megaangry:

i know its stupid,it goes on even with the big boys the Porsche 911 GT3 is $106k thats £53k,in the uk that car delivered to your house is £93k

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/911_gt3.asp

Yes, it would be interesting to know where the additional £40K goes.... :whistling:

i know its stupid,it goes on even with the big boys the Porsche 911 GT3 is $106k thats £53k,in the uk that car delivered to your house is £93k

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/911_gt3.asp

Yes, it would be interesting to know where the additional £40K goes.... :whistling:

dealers expensive premises and staff wages...........he says ironically

My understanding is that the price will be 50k. plus & only 150 are going to be imported by GB.

I would die for one but,in the same body colour & trim combination as my Sel(with front & rear spoilers) would it really be that much better in normal driving

:sadly I think not:suppose the only answer for us all is to emmigrate to the States!

Tel :sad:

yes ive heard the same from my Lexus dealer.He says they are aiming at the same model audi use,with the RS cars,only sell a limited number,infact a number that actually allows a premium to be asked over list price,so the dealers buy em,register them to themselves,put 1 mile on the clock and then ask for an xtra £10k(originally used by audi,to test the market,but now being used as a matter of exclusivity).Thats what happened with the RS6 when it first hit the UK,and they are doing the same with the new RS6.This will be good for first time buyers as they shouldnt see any real loss in their first 6 months of ownership as long as the car doesnt rack up more than 5k on the clock.My family and I always purchase Lexus, cos it isnt a bmw/merc/audi and we've always made the right choice in that respect,however when it comes to performance cars,im not gonna buy one of these cos its a Lexus,its gonna have to be as good if not better than the new M3 and the current RS4.cant wait for a test drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links